Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Next Dublin Lan? 18th or 25th nov?

• 06-11-2011 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, i'm itchin for a lan.

I'm thinking that we should have one on a friday, same venue cause it works, same timing, 10 til 10.

so how about Friday the 18th of november? Or the 25th?

Same as the last 2, no need for a pc, but you can bring your own, no alcohol etc. €15 in, 10 for the venue and 5 for the prize pool.

I think a more rigid tournament structure is needed, so that it runs more smoothly and faster. It would be worth trying to get some kind of sponsorship aswell, like from red bull or someone, but i know nothing about that stuff. PM if you got sponsorship before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

god damn you xios. I'm in the middle of organising one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

25th is good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Adeanlol

what rank dya need to be and wheres it being held?;o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Adeanlol wrote: »
    what rank dya need to be and wheres it being held?;o

Rank doesn't matter its just a fun thing and its usually on in dublin city centre

Ah badass hit me up with full details when available and im in

• Advertisement

Ah badass hit me up with full details when available and im in

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

I dig what you're going for Xios - if you're still doing it despite RM doing one then I'll probably go to both. :P

(Saturday night preferable >.> )

Oh, "Monster" energy drink have sponsored some stuff round ireland and they did a big sc2 event as well - see if the irish guys'll do some sponsorship here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

...Galway? :)

*yes I know you shoneen ****ers aren't going to hold it outside of Dublin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

freepower wrote: »
    I dig what you're going for Xios - if you're still doing it despite RM doing one then I'll probably go to both. :P

(Saturday night preferable >.> )

Oh, "Monster" energy drink have sponsored some stuff round ireland and they did a big sc2 event as well - see if the irish guys'll do some sponsorship here?

if xios decides to do one then ill just jump back and maybe help him if he needs it.
    no point in having 2 lan's being arranged

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think I'm free both, might come along to this one , if anything jsut for an excuse to play sc2 all night :)

Where is the venue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Probably G4X in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Royal, when you gonna run your lan? It's just been a bit quiet for a while, figure i'd spark up some buzz.

I don't wanna leave it too late into december, cause then everyone will have work do's and family thingies, and not to mention SNOW :/

Probably G4X in the city centre.

Rings a bell where are they based?

Do I need to bring anything PC wise or is everything good enough to boot

TheDoc wrote: »
    Think I'm free both, might come along to this one , if anything jsut for an excuse to play sc2 all night :)

Where is the venue?

I'll stick to what i know for now, the XGC on liffey street will do, since it's worked in the past, is quite easy to access and cheap :)

Hmmm, i'm thinking, instead of just rushing this lan for a bit of craic.
    We could delay it, and have a full 24 hour lan, with a proper prize pool, 2v2 tournies. Mini-tourneys for each league level, perhaps someone to cast the final few matches for those who can't attend and have a stab at running a decent e-sports event.

I'd say it would be in late january, after exam season for the students.

Xios wrote: »
    Hmmm, i'm thinking, instead of just rushing this lan for a bit of craic.
    We could delay it, and have a full 24 hour lan, with a proper prize pool, 2v2 tournies. Mini-tourneys for each league level, perhaps someone to cast the final few matches for those who can't attend and have a stab at running a decent e-sports event.

I'd say it would be in late january, after exam season for the students.

Nice. The new year would be the best time definitely, people have exams over the next month ,and then xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I meant to XGC,lel. I also think that November is a pretty bad time because a lot of students will have exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I'm listening.

I meant to XGC,lel. I also think that November is a pretty bad time because a lot of students will have exams?

Aye, end of November/start of December would be impossible for a good few of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lightness

do it naow xios..ill be there :)

• Advertisement

Sure **** it, let's just have a laugh for this lan, there'l still be the cash prizes with the extra 5 euro, and i won't bother with sponsorship for this, might try sort some sponsored red bull or some stuff, i'll ring around, but no promises there.

Let's go on the 25th, i'll book the venue this week. And post a sign up thread later.

With 30 people attending, the prize pool will be 150e, so 60e for 1st place, 30 for second, 10 for 3rd and 50 will be figured out for spot prizes.
    For monobattles or would be used to buy tacky prizes, like boxes of roses, or action figures or some ****e. I'll buy them before the event i'd say.

Oh right yeah, anyone wanna run the actuall 1v1 tournament?
    I've no idea what i'm doing in those regards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Oh right yeah, anyone wanna run the actuall 1v1 tournament?
    I've no idea what i'm doing in those regards.

Myself and Shiminay didn't do too badly the last time so I'd be up for doing it again.

Yeah count me in for this , any change i'll let you know but wanna come along and mingle.

Will try get old Dustaz going aswell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Hmmm, i'm thinking, instead of just rushing this lan for a bit of craic. We could delay it

It would be awesome to postpone it till mid December or any time in January. If ya did, I could pretty much guarantee like 8-10 people from Waterford coming up and joining in the fun. Most of us have exams late November, early December, shame to miss the adventure on account of an education :P

You should talk to my bro in relation to structure e.t.c, since he does the weekly competition, and also ran the G4X SC2 event. Just an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lightness

happy to help in any way, tourney brackets/setup/dodgy casting PM if required. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

I think we should be able to have another round then mayb its nearly 2 months after this one and I would say we will get a good crowd for both, mayb if yous are interested I could look into having it in belfast instead in Jan but only if ppl are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭F69Baal

Hmm I cant be there any Friday but if you put in on a Satruday (like December 17th for instance) I ll be there for sure!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 WarbossPepe

count me in too! I've a few mates who might also be interested in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 WarbossPepe

If this LAN Tournament actually gets the go ahead, depending on how it goes, i think i may be able to sort out a sponsorship from Monster Energy Drinks for any other future events

Advertisement