Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you fare in a post-apocalyptic wasteland?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

I think that at first I'd be involved with efforts to rebuild society, but I'd eventually get too frustrated with people not doing things properly (ie. how I think they should be done) and go off in a huff.

I'd then become a hermit living in a cave and subsisting on whatever I could hunt/forage.
    Over time, I'd attract a rag-tag bunch of followers consisting mostly of the weak-willed and mentally-scarred.
    We'd struggle on with difficulty just about managing to survive.

Then one day a group would come along in cars made of wood and string or something and reveal to us that everyone else had actually made great progress in reconstructing society.

I'd still have my principles though. So I don't think I'd be much of a team player, but I'd hopefully be savvy enough to be able to carve out a solitary existence at least.

How would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Remember that guy that used to give you a wedgie in primary school? He'd chop your head off and eat you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

professore wrote: »
    Remember that guy that used to give you a wedgie in primary school? He'd chop your head off and eat you.

But Fr. O'brien was a vegetarian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've almost 200 hrs experience in Fallout3 so I'd be grand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

id be the man, Id run around with my sawn off shooting zombies left right and center, id also leave a message on the radio that any non zombies (preferably hot blondes) should me at the former president residency at 12 noon for human meatloaf and cuddles, the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I'd probably turn to religion, and become a preacher of some sorts. Or maybe leader of a cult would be a better description.

professore wrote: »

I'll bet you he's still getting something free from Meteor though, right?
    ...assuming of course there are mobile networks in the post apocalyptic wasteland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Great question. Was just thinking about it recently because of all this end-of-the-world shit.

I think I'm fairly resourceful so I reckon I'd manage fine. It's my parents and nieces and nephews I'd be worried about tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I live in Arklow, so I'm well prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

I live in Arklow, so I'm well prepared.

post apocalyptic celtic tiger *thread needed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'd probably turn to religion, and become a preacher of some sorts. Or maybe leader of a cult would be a better description.

That's a good one, there'll always be more than a few nutjobs who'll believe any nonsense you might dream up and take care of all your wants and needs and allow you to get away with all sorts of abuses just because you've told them you're the Messiah from Mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yahoo !! We would have no mortgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I'd open up a Radio Sation, paint myself black and call myself 2-Cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I think I'm fairly resourceful so I reckon I'd manage fine. It's my parents and nieces and nephews I'd be worried about tbh.

Provided you use lots of barbecue sauce and get sh!tfaced before hand.They should taste ok.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I'm under no illusions, I would be among the dead or dying billions.

People are usually over optimistic, I remember reading somewhere that 70% surveyed thought they would survive the Titanic.

Yahoo !! We would have no mortgages.

...or houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

With all those zombies chasing fresh flesh , I would hit the shoe shops for the best pair of Nikes available ...first things first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I'd do terribly. Wouldn't have a clue what to do. I'd be on the internet every five minutes looking for advice.

Dotrel wrote: »
    I'd do terribly. Wouldn't have a clue what to do. I'd be on the internet every five minutes looking for advice.

The internet would be scrawled on stones, so it'd take ages. Radioactive mutants would get you before you'd even got to wikipedia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd die quite quickly. Probably for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,983 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd organise a beauty pageant for three-titted one-eyed women, and run off with the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I'd die within the hour if my mammy wasnt there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

mike65 wrote: »
    Aye ...sure it will all only end up in tears again anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'd get lots of guns and go hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

Hang on, hang on, back up the truck...
    are there zombies in this wasteland, also are there mutants, 3 titted women etc? This is very important...

If not I'd stock up on tinned food and fuel, get my hands on some guns (this would have to be done soon, no time for dilly dallying on the guns or the bullies will have them all)

If there are zombies and three titted women, I'd open a zombie ranch

aquaman wrote: »
    Hang on, hang on, back up the truck...
    are there zombies in this wasteland, also are there mutants, 3 titted women etc? This is very important...

If not I'd stock up on tinned food and fuel, get my hands on some guns (this would have to be done soon, no time for dilly dallying on the guns or the bullies will have them all)

If there are zombies and three titted women, I'd open a zombie ranch

There's no zombies as it's a (fairly) realistic theoretical apocalypse.

But that would mean there could be mutants and triple-breasted women if they could be caused by radiation.

mike65 wrote: »

/Loot_Corpse

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

I'd run around America, gathering a gang of faithful followers. Then I'd stop running and go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

There's no zombies as it's a (fairly) realistic theoretical apocalypse.

But that would mean there could be mutants and triple-breasted women if they could be caused by radiation.

Build a compound...

Drill a well

Brew beer

Open a post apocoliptic bar, 3 boobed women (or men) get in free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd join the Authority and terrorise local towns with my modern day weaponry.

Advertisement