Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i've heard mixed reports about the retro trax festival. the genreral consensus is it was good. but i've heard complaints about sound levels being an issue, and also, there could have been more people at it was another complaint.

where's jonny? we need clarification please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Just back, in a fuc*ing bundle here:o:D it was absolutely amazing, whoever said something about sound levels not being good needs to see a shrink the sound system was thumping.

It was without any doubt the best festival ive been to since the early 90's, the location, weather, music and last but not least the people were amazing, there wasn't one ego to be seen, as far as im aware there wasn't one fight or arrest, everyone was so friendly like they were long lost friends you hadn't seen in years, i haven't been raving like that since the 90's and i probably never will again, this was my crowning glory and it was just simply fuc*ing amazing, i was suffering with a poxy abscess on my tooth all weekend but i just carried on regardless, i wouldn't even know where to begin there were so so many highlights of the weekend pretty much everyone i seen played an absolute stormer, the atmosphere was truly magical it really and truly was like being back in the glory days you will not get anything as close to the true original vibe as this was, no other festival or club can ever compare to this IMO.

I took a shed load of videos as there will probably won't be something like this ever again, a one off magical experience but if there ever is i seriously cannot recommend this highly enough.

I'll upload the videos by the weekend when ive hopefully recovered by then.

ps - id say there was about 2 to 2,500 there pretty much what i expected and just right, what a weekend

seen some vids, sounds like the sound was an issue tbh, ya can even hear people talking over the tunes in the vid clips that were upped on oos.

http://onlyoldskool.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=43035&start=40

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    seen some vids, sounds like the sound was an issue tbh, ya can even hear people talking over the tunes in the vid clips that were upped on oos.

http://onlyoldskool.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=43035&start=40

not on my videos there isn't, maybe in the vinyl heaven arena which was quiet enough for the most part but not a fuc*ng chance was the sound bad in any of the arenas my ears are still ringing here:o

It was good to see a few Irish there as well met 1 or 2 people from Donegal and Belfast and they had a great time, people from all over England, some Scottish and Welsh, i think there was some Dutch and Germans there too, the crowd were really friendly and up for it, i think a bit like myself this was probably the last time they'll ever go to a Rave festival.:)

should be a cracker, i have a mates wedding on the 21st, but deffo gonna try get to this :) Few of ya's on here might be into this one, be a good piss up, and a change from the same dublin classics, oldskool night too.

Saturday, 23 June 2012
    22:00 until 03:00
    The Industry Venue, Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin
    Planet-X Promotions proudly presents a night filled with Classic Breakbeat Hardcore, Atmospheric Drum & Bass & Jungle @ The Mezz, Temple Bar.

DJ's on the night are:

Executive Steve - Radio Na Life / Break Up - Classic Atmospheric Set

Pierce Rooney - Unity Recordings - Classic Breakbeat Set

Quality Mark - Radio na Life / Renegade Noize - Classic Jungle Set

Shane Berney - Planet X - Good Looking Records Set

be good to have a meet up, if any of ya's can swing it.

Looks like a good night if im around ill make it along:cool:

This thread sucks atm, most of the peeps from the last thread have bailed. And i don't blame them tbh. Apart from myself, G, Mac and a couple other "regular" posters, no1 seems to give a shít anymore!!!

Am i wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    This thread sucks atm, most of the peeps from the last thread have bailed. And i don't blame them tbh. Apart from myself, G, Mac and a couple other "regular" posters, no1 seems to give a shít anymore!!!

Am i wrong?

Probably all moved to the new tictac pip-pop type threads,might have something to do with their dopamine levels buddy :D I've heard it's a major factor in the type of music you like/listen to!

Some of us are just firmly stuck in the past eh! ;)

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Probably all moved to the new tictac pip-pop type threads,might have something to do with their dopamine levels buddy :D I've heard it's a major factor in the type of music you like/listen to!

Some of us are just firmly stuck in the past eh! ;)

:D

547744_454338471259592_100000503290438_1764725_849161240_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tagfan

A classic and one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

jonnny68 wrote: »

Nice set of videos. One for each of the people who went to it.

• Advertisement

tagfan wrote: »
    Nice set of videos. One for each of the people who went to it.

who the fu*k are you. piss off you mupper troll :mad:

another vid i seen taken in the Hardcore / Jungle tent

another vid i seen taken in the Hardcore / Jungle tent

The energy in that crowd 13 seconds in is something else. Thought the roof was about to come off.

The energy in that crowd 13 seconds in is something else. Thought the roof was about to come off.

shall be reporting you to a mod for trolling.

crawl back under your rock little man

shall be reporting you to a mod for trolling.

crawl back under your rock little man
    It's sarcasm, not trolling. Take a chill pill mate or are you suffering from mid week blues?

It's sarcasm, not trolling. Take a chill pill mate or are you suffering from mid week blues?

sarcasm really, sounds like trolling to me, perhaps get yourself a new hobby mate or just post an another thread yeah.

we are generally nice on here but occasionally someone comes on and tries to stir it up.....

sarcasm really, sounds like trolling to me, perhaps get yourself a new hobby mate or just post an another thread yeah.

we are generally nice on here but occasionally someone comes on and tries to stir it up.....

Ok extending the hand of peace.
    Get this banger into you and roll back the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

An old fav of mine from 92

And this was my fav mix. Might not be to many peoples taste but back then it was amazing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

Ok extending the hand of peace.
    Get this banger into you and roll back the years.

possibly the worse tune i ever heard..post that ****e somewhere else

Advertisement