Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Mindmachine is a good tune too

Tis indeed bill.There's someothers in there aswell just flick tru y/t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Pierce Rooney posted this on my facebook page just now, had forgotten about it , great track ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

es-cee wrote: »
    great tune that. ordered remix of that earlier, not on youtube only on Various – Superstition DJ Volume Two.the remix is actually better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

• Advertisement

cool mix of 80's new beat, well worth listening to ;)

tracklist is on the yt page :)

for all you rage carriers out there, instead of breaking your xbox, try one of these ;)

1114200973305AM_Fukitol.jpg

for all the best in darkside, whether you're staying in,
    or getting warmed up for the asylum gig in the vaults.
    check it out, gonna be epic as always, starts 5pm
    sharp. normal broadcasting starts at 12pm as usual.

scaled.php?server=35&filename=fullmoon170312.jpg&res=medium

also every tuesday, friday, saturday & sunday, for all the best
    in oldskool, great banter and a friendly crowd.

Chatroom: http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html

Mediaplayer link: http://84.234.18.82.7994/listen.pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

So obvious I cant see (hear) it :o

Ignoring the obvious vocals & title giveaway ala the below 91 release Sharada f Valerie E .....

what other tune am I hearing here? that piano riff??? I know i know it I just ....dont know it :o Help!! it's doing me head in!

EarlERizer wrote: »
    So obvious I cant see (hear) it :o

Ignoring the obvious vocals & title giveaway ala the below 91 release Sharada f Valerie E .....

what other tune am I hearing here? that piano riff??? I know i know it I just ....dont know it :o Help!! it's doing me head in!

Visions of Shiva.

Here i'm just thinking listening to this track was somebody looking for it from a mix or was it already id'd

aceberg wrote: »
    Visions of Shiva.

Here i'm just thinking listening to this track was somebody looking for it from a mix or was it already id'd

LMAO ...... Ace m8,nice one man, in record time too........love that blaise delivery of the answers too,fookin uber cool!!

:o knew it was that :p

LMAO ...... Ace m8,nice one man, in record time too........love that blaise delivery of the answers too,fookin uber cool!!

:o knew it was that :p

Ha ha man i know the feeling.I do be the same every fecking day with tunes.There's just too ****ing many.:D

Couldn't believe this one wasnt on YT (or maybe was and got pulled down) :eek:

I know alot of others like the flipside 'Hi Q' (i do too its a fookin tune) but I think this one is worthy of a 'choooon' label too.

and just for pig iron ......

"Attack da doorstep like a Jehovah" :D ........sorry all that Christian Techno talk has gotten to me lol

Ha ha man i know the feeling.I do be the same every fecking day with tunes.There's just too ****ing many.:D

Ace ...... it's even worse when you ask someone for a tune ID and they come back with a YT vid to show you the tune ......and it's one you uploaded from your own collection :o ....tru story that!! lol and not just the once!!

....I honestly think its one of 2 things,frazzled brain from drugs ;) or the fact that my aging brain is just too fookin lazy to delve through its memory banks and dig out the answer lol I give up too easily ( I blame this thread and it's predecessor)

• Advertisement

Im lost for words.......simply 'fantastic' tune

never heard this before,it's right up there with Orbital-Belfast & Gus Gus-Purple.

:cool:

Ace ...... it's even worse when you ask someone for a tune ID and they come back with a YT vid to show you the tune ......and it's one you uploaded from your own collection :o ....tru story that!! lol and not just the once!!

....I honestly think its one of 2 things,frazzled brain from drugs ;) or the fact that my aging brain is just too fookin lazy to delve through its memory banks and dig out the answer lol I give up too easily ( I blame this thread and it's predecessor)

More than likly a bit of both and the fact ya might have kids a mortage the weekly shopping airtricity/upc car/petrol/tax insurance and no job...........lol:D

More than likly a bit of both and the fact ya might have kids a mortage the weekly shopping airtricity/upc car/petrol/tax insurance and no job...........lol:D

:eek: Fook, your right again Ace, that has to be it.......well only one thing for it so.

..........anyone recommend a good solicitor? :D

G did ya get that pm i sent you the other night mate?

Good Bits
    To all our loyal patrons, promoters, DJs, friends, and colleagues

It is with huge regret I have to inform you that The Good Bits is no longer at the premises in Store Street. In a vulgar display of power, Nolan Transport (the new landlords of Isaacs Hotel), ordered by legal notice, that the lease we originally signed with Richard Evans (past owner of Isaac's) was null and void due to a non-tenant sub-lease arangement between Nolans and Evans in past agreements.

We were ordered out with the threat of an injunction and told to vacate the premises before 5pm on Tuesday. The Good Bits could not fight this so it was decided to vacate with all our possessions before they were also seized and the doors bolted.

This situation is out of our control. As soon as we know more re a new venue we will let you all know. In the meantime, please email goodbits@gmail.com or call 086 826 2303 with any queries you may have.

looks like this gig is scrapped then.

postre_A4-e1331182509594.jpg

G did ya get that pm i sent you the other night mate?
    Good Bits
    To all our loyal patrons, promoters, DJs, friends, and colleagues

It is with huge regret I have to inform you that The Good Bits is no longer at the premises in Store Street. In a vulgar display of power, Nolan Transport (the new landlords of Isaacs Hotel), ordered by legal notice, that the lease we originally signed with Richard Evans (past owner of Isaac's) was null and void due to a non-tenant sub-lease arangement between Nolans and Evans in past agreements.

We were ordered out with the threat of an injunction and told to vacate the premises before 5pm on Tuesday. The Good Bits could not fight this so it was decided to vacate with all our possessions before they were also seized and the doors bolted.

This situation is out of our control. As soon as we know more re a new venue we will let you all know. In the meantime, please email goodbits@gmail.com or call 086 826 2303 with any queries you may have.

looks like this gig is scrapped then.

postre_A4-e1331182509594.jpg

Ah bollox!!! was going to say "check your pm" but ya can ignore it now lol ,ffs typical.

Given the above news re: The Good Bits

.............Rave in Knock anyone?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

1 or 2 additions to the Retro Trax line up, this is the best ever lineup at a Rave festival since the Tribal Gathering in 1993,absolutely amazing.

just over 7 weeks and counting i seriously cannot wait i haven't been out this year at all raving and i wont be until this and probably never again after this amazing event, retiring in style :cool:

Multi Genre line up,a who's who of Old Skool

http://retrotraxfestival.co.uk/line-up/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

Advertisement