Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

here's it's the dub version actually that MK plays on the ormond mix G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Es that's fookin uncanny :eek: mine would be the same, 'specially the Global Bassline tune , i scowered YT looking for the Al Jolson sample that he plays tru it "Good evening folks this is Al Jolson,now this next song I'm going to play has got so much Rhythm in it I may have to dance part of it" lol fookin legend sampling that! ....it's actually from a live Al Jolson gig way back in January 1948 @ the Kraft Club now thats Oldskool!!

Messer Kavanagh must have had 2 copies of it spinning though as he seems to drop the sample in at will as opposed to the one in this......or might there be another 'vocal' remix I wonder ...hmmmm :cool:

Anyways, nice 1 man \o/ big upz for the list! Top man \o/

Im just fookin about here trying to recreate the LNOTO mix (lol I know) without the 'MC'ing by Messers Jackson & Dotsy ...... I'm a bit past the "on the count of 3 I want yiz to wreck the gaff" lol

Actually have a fair few of the tunes from the mix (Orbit/Keno) on vinyl, wouldn't mind tracking down the rest :D .....but mp3's are all good for buzzing eh!

Nice 1 brotha from anotha ;)

Good aul Al Jolson cristened witht he same first name as meself Asa Yoelson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jolson

Not many of us around.....lol :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

aceberg wrote: »
    Here ya go lads.

Ed Case - Dec 96 Side A

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/30300812/file.html

Ed Case - Dec 96 Side B

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/58262714/file.html

Know a few of the tracks.

Hole in One,Agh,slacker.

Anybody else care to contribute to the tracklist be my guest.:D

I'm also still trying to track down another Ed Case mix or possibly 2 mixes..I'm pretty sure it/they exist or at least did when i had it/them on tape.I also had it on mp3 which i u/l on NI & Ministry but i lost both the mp3 and the tape.Ther possibly from 96-98

Some of the possible tracks on them are as follows

Nikolai - I'm Back
    Dominion - The Dubs
    disco storia - the creators - first event
    scorpio rising - nagasaki
    sjef van leeuwen - voices of k a (angeles voices of eden remix)

Some cracking tunes on that one ace. Any chance you know the 1st on side B & the one around 29mins on side B.

I have a Ed Case mix with Nikolai - I'm Back on it, think it' called Decktitions from around or something like that from around 98/99 I can up that for ya if ya want see if its the right one.

tdv123 wrote: »
    Some cracking tunes on that one ace. Any chance you know the 1st on side B & the one around 29mins on side B.

I have a Ed Case mix with Nikolai - I'm Back on it, think it' called Decktitions from around or something like that from around 98/99 I can up that for ya if ya want see if its the right one.

Ah maybe thats wer i know Nikolai - I'm Back from so.Must listen tru that mix again so see if some of the others are on it.

And na man don't know either of them tracks.Some crackers on it alrite.I'll throw up what i know on a tracky later.Can add if ya want...:D

Ok just check ther and i have ED CASE & STYLUS THE DECKTITIONS V 3 and Nikolai - I'm Back aint on it.So can u throw up the 1 you have please.Might be the 1 i'm after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

No worries man, i'll throw em up on tuneid & discogs see if anyone knows them there.

Yeah just went threw a few mixes there, the Decktitions one is a totally different mix altogether

Here's the one with Nikolai on it.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/p4u2L5Ui/ED_CASE_LIVE_IN_THE_MIX_-VIBE_.html

• Advertisement

bitta hip-house in the afternoon :D

tdv123 wrote: »
    No worries man, i'll throw em up on tuneid & discogs see if anyone knows them there.

Yeah just went threw a few mixes there, the Decktitions one is a totally different mix altogether

Here's the one with Nikolai on it.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/p4u2L5Ui/ED_CASE_LIVE_IN_THE_MIX_-VIBE_.html

Actually have this 1 aswell.It's 1 i u/l way back when...on NI.And Dominion the dubs is on it @ 20 mins.That clears that up so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

Ah maybe thats wer i know Nikolai - I'm Back from so.Must listen tru that mix again so see if some of the others are on it.

And na man don't know either of them tracks.Some crackers on it alrite.I'll throw up what i know on a tracky later.Can add if ya want...:D

Ok just check ther and i have ED CASE & STYLUS THE DECKTITIONS V 3 and Nikolai - I'm Back aint on it.So can u throw up the 1 you have please.Might be the 1 i'm after.

Any1 wanna get a Tracklist together 4 ed-case and stylus lads ??

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Trying to get a sub-forum approved for new & upcoming releases, any supportive posts appreciated, regardless of the fact that asking oldskoolers might be a bit contradictory! :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056551202

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Trying to get a sub-forum approved for new & upcoming releases, any supportive posts appreciated, regardless of the fact that asking oldskoolers might be a bit contradictory! :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056551202

Nah, we're collectively going to boycott this thread and refuse point blank to endorse it in anyway until the safe return to it's rightful place of the oldskool/asylum thread!! ..... We are the O.A.P. you have been warned!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQalLaDB561MacOvMxnWVNIXOkwthwSteYJm04lT9Wovt0V7x0i3A

...... albeit with the obligatory Peace,Love & Unity blessing from the group :o

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Feck ya, I'll just ban you all so! And allow no mention of any tracks older than 3 weeks! :P

Feck ya, I'll just ban you all so! And allow no mention of any tracks older than 3 weeks! :P

We acknowledge the gesture of Mr S.Devil, however,we do not condone the threat of further removals and will resist any attempt by the group known as M.O.D.S. to undermine the objective of the O.A.P. to have our historic document returned to we the members,this is a legitimate demand and we are prepared to use farce to make the occupying forces of the M.O.D.S. understand this!

I would call upon those in a position with M.O.D.S. to consider this, there are 354 pages covering 4117 threads that make up the territory known as "EM&D" forum, of which atleast 300 if not more of those pages are 'dead wood' ,surely the relocation or removal of these would give us the platform to having a historic document such as ours returned permanently?

"The aim of the game is to ..... feel.....real......good"

wont be making an appearance myself, but some of you might be into this upcoming paddy's day gig.

419479_240977032654087_100002253774149_516876_378146589_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

es-cee wrote: »
    wont be making an appearance myself, but some of you might be into this upcoming paddy's day gig.

I know Orla Feeney and ROFL at her being up on an Asylum flyer...

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    I know Orla Feeney and ROFL at her being up on an Asylum flyer...

yeah was thinking that myself tbh, isn't she part of the new wave of female trance dj's doing the rounds these days :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Looks good but gonna go to the one on the 30th in The Good Bits

• Advertisement

- I Wantz it , my precious!! :pac:

Possibly my fav K&T tune \o/ foookin savage ...... "I had the dream again" \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭francois

I'll be doing a UFO set, likes of Noom records etc, so if any of you are around say hello

locked 1 wrote: »
    Any1 wanna get a Tracklist together 4 ed-case and stylus lads ??

Never got round to it Mark.Had a flick tru it yesterday and judging by what i heard,i doubt i know too many.Bit past me prefered years...lol.I'll give it a go at some stage thos might know 1 r 2 .I'd say u already know them aswell tho:D

You gotta admit.Its a seriously savage line up tho

yeah was thinking that myself tbh, isn't she part of the new wave of female trance dj's doing the rounds these days :confused:

Suppose ther tring to entice some more of the younger crowd that might not be big into ther oldskool.maybe
    francois wrote: »
    I'll be doing a UFO set, likes of Noom records etc, so if any of you are around say hello

Savage label indeed francois

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

francois wrote: »
    Savage label indeed francois

Great mix this one,

Assassin - Darkside of the Noom

http://www.mediafire.com/?ebifjmwkorj

• Advertisement

Great mix this one,

Assassin - Darkside of the Noom

http://www.mediafire.com/?ebifjmwkorj

Cheers Key.I'll d/l it laters

Advertisement