Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

lads anyone have a tracky for ed case june 94 some good cheesy tunes on it heres 2 anyone know it thanks

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/30672580/file.html

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/12909117/file.html[/QUOTE] 2nd is taiko echo drop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

tdv123 wrote: »
    It's this...

It's on "White Records" a sub label of "Ouch! Records". Most of the releases on the label are by unknown artists.

theres another well know tune with the same beat at 22 seconds, in fact the tune im on about starts of with this beat,, cant remember the name though surely some here does,,hate when you think of a tune all of a sudden but forget the name :D

after the beat drops into some sort of choir music sort of uplifting feel to it, probly a long shot with my description lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

lads anyone have a tracky for ed case june 94 some good cheesy tunes on it heres 2 anyone know it thanks

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/12909117/file.html

:D:D:D You like your cheesy then?

es-cee wrote: »
    :D:D:D You like your cheesy then?

of course mate, bit of cheese here and there does the trick :P, ive even been listening to your hardcore stuff these days :cool:

of course mate, bit of cheese here and there does the trick :P, ive even been listening to your hardcore stuff these days :cool:

Nice1, great to see you're getting into some decent music then. Cheese is best left in your fridge though.

Here's a brilliant hardcore tune to "whet" your appetite so, can't beat them breakbeats :)

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

there's quiet a few tracks from the last nite of the Asylum on this aswell.i actually thought it was the last nite of the Asylum mix till i listened further.I'll give the tracky a go 2nite.

theres another well know tune with the same beat at 22 seconds, in fact the tune im on about starts of with this beat,, cant remember the name though surely some here does,,hate when you think of a tune all of a sudden but forget the name :D

after the beat drops into some sort of choir music sort of uplifting feel to it, probly a long shot with my description lol

The tune with the same beat at 22 sces is DJ Misjah - Acess.

On the subject of DJ Misjah.For some unknown reason i always thought his name was pronounced as Messiah with the j in Misjah being pronounced as an i.But i got into a debate with a guy from Ballymun 1 day and he was adament it is pronounced as you see it,if yez get what i mean.So it Misjah with the j being pronounced as a j.

Anyone clear this up.I think most DJ's when they pronounce it they pronounce it as Messiah

Anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭milltown

Yeah, I was going to mention Access to maybe help jog memories of the tune I posted. Funnily enough, the first thing that popped into my head reading Bluemoon's post was Ubiquity - Bolivian Angel though.

Are either of us right BM?

aceberg wrote: »

On the subject of DJ Misjah.For some unknown reason i always thought his name was pronounced as Messiah with the j in Misjah being pronounced as an i.But i got into a debate with a guy from Ballymun 1 day and he was adament it is pronounced as you see it,if yez get what i mean.So it Misjah with the j being pronounced as a j.

Anyone clear this up.I think most DJ's when they pronounce it they pronounce it as Messiah

Anybody

thats not it Ace, however it has the exact same beat from the start at the start of the tune im on about, i have it here sumwer but so many tunes to go rooting through one by one lol, any more tunes with the same sample we can think of :) it might be on bonzai or eye q records judgung by the picture i remember of the record on youtube

milltown wrote: »
    Yeah, I was going to mention Access to maybe help jog memories of the tune I posted. Funnily enough, the first thing that popped into my head reading Bluemoon's post was Ubiquity - Bolivian Angel though.

Are either of us right BM?

unfortunately not Milltown, the tune im on about begins with the exact same sample as in Access, however the beat drops in about 1 min or so to some sort of ''church choir noise'' vary vague description best i can think of so far though lol

• Advertisement

there's quiet a few tracks from the last nite of the Asylum on this aswell.i actually thought it was the last nite of the Asylum mix till i listened further.I'll give the tracky a go 2nite.

go raibh mi maith agat Ace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭5wreck

Anybody

How could a 'J', be pronounced as an 'I' Asa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭George Mulcahy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭George Mulcahy

Chvrches..Maybe I am Oldschool after all..

How could a 'J', be pronounced as an 'I' Asa?

Never thought of that Sean.Could it be down to language.My m8 lives in Deanmark and they have 29 letters in there alphabet.With 3 letters that we don't have are Æ Ø Å.ther pronounced A O Ou if u can understand that.So anybody know any thing about the Dutch language.:D

Never thought of that Sean.Could it be down to language.My m8 lives in Deanmark and they have 29 letters in there alphabet.With 3 letters that we don't have are Æ Ø Å.ther pronounced A O Ou if u can understand that.So anybody know any thing about the Dutch language.:D

I have a mate from Amsterdam, i must ask him about the Dutch alphabet, see if there are any peculiar letters, like those Danish ones above. How did you type those letters anyway?

I have a mate from Amsterdam, i must ask him about the Dutch alphabet, see if there are any peculiar letters, like those Danish ones above. How did you type those letters anyway?

have'nt a clue sean how ya type them to be honest must ask dodger.i just copied and pasted from wicko:D

• Advertisement

lads anyone have a tracky for ed case june 94 some good cheesy tunes on it heres 2 anyone know it thanks.!0 came back to me.....

Very little cheese on this mix i might add

Anyways this is what i got

Defo know 10 just can't think of it at the mo.Out of the other 3 there is 1 i think i might know and 2 i don't.Anybody else add to this.

ED CASE – June 94

1 Hanuman T.M - Ragg A Time (Bombay Mix)
    2 Illuminatae - Santiago
    3 DJ RE-DO - DOWN UNDERGROUND
    4 DJ Trix – Party People
    5 Illuminatae - Tierra del fuego
    6 303 - Number One (The Lift Off Mix)
    7 D J Khetama - Virtual Orgasm
    8 Mrs Wood - Mary Jane
    9 ONDA DEL FUTURO AMORA SENZA FINE
    10 Angel Dust - Placid ('94 CLASSIC)
    11 ????????
    12 GAD - Mistral (Racing Podium Mix)
    13 ????????
    14 D.O.P – Lion
    15 Taiko – Echo Drop
    16 GAD - Mistral
    17 ????????
    18 Genetic - Transmission
    19 P.C.L - When Your Moving
    20 Illuminatae - Montevideo
    21 Cologne Summer - Sunshower

Great track, one of my favs from Richie Hawtin.

one of those tunes ya dont get sick of hearing at all..

one of those tunes ya dont get sick of hearing at all..

i'm the same about this one meself macaroni

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoinb34

Hows it going everyone,need help help help,got a new computer some how i lost a lot of old music(All)that i had on my iphone.Had a amazing amount of old asylum music dj presurre ed case live,pressure wanted,house pressure 1 2 3 4 5,and one called incandesent which is ****ing amazing,i am not great with computers is there some i can get them back from soundcloud i find it easy to down load from that site,plus my mate is go burn to cd if i them back,help help help,thanks

eoinb34 wrote: »
    Hows it going everyone,need help help help,got a new computer some how i lost a lot of old music(All)that i had on my iphone.Had a amazing amount of old asylum music dj presurre ed case live,pressure wanted,house pressure 1 2 3 4 5,and one called incandesent which is ****ing amazing,i am not great with computers is there some i can get them back from soundcloud i find it easy to down load from that site,plus my mate is go burn to cd if i them back,help help help,thanks

scroll down to the bottom of this page http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391&page=837

http://soundcloud.com/groups/old-skool-dublin-djs-mixes-from-asylum-sides/tracks?page=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 eoinb34

A very big thanks man,any good gigs on october bank holiday weekend,its like there is no good club nights anymore,its been a long time but would love a good night out,i hope i can load up all the ones i lost

Advertisement