Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

sorry 7:20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

sorry 7:20

Yeah thats 1 of them track when i hear it i think yeah i know that name of that 1 but when i try to name it,it does'nt happen.It just sounds like a track you should know the name of...lol,So to answer your question i don't know if it was id.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Stu_77

A couple of lesser known choons from back in the day but easy on the ears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

aceberg wrote: »
    Yeah thats 1 of them track when i hear it i think yeah i know that name of that 1 but when i try to name it,it does'nt happen.It just sounds like a track you should know the name of...lol,So to answer your question i don't know if it was id.lol
    ACE DID YOU SAY SOMEONE ID,D THAT TUNE AT 9 MINS ON NI?? the 1 that says 221b baker st?? dont suppose you remember the name of it bud??:)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

ACE DID YOU SAY SOMEONE ID,D THAT TUNE AT 9 MINS ON NI?? the 1 that says 221b baker st?? dont suppose you remember the name of it bud??:)

Joe no sorry i was getting meself all confused when i listened to some of the samples.It was the boxcar track that was id'd over ther.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

aceberg wrote: »
    Joe no sorry i was getting meself all confused when i listened to some of the samples.It was the boxcar track that was id'd over ther.
    confused ace?? your not as think as you stoned you are??:D not 2 worry bud the hunt continues.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Looking for an old acid tune Liam Dollard used to play. Sounds a bit like Mahogany Roots by Hardfloor. Has a killer 303 hook and has a vocal sample "won't you rock with me one time". Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭5wreck

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

lads anyone have a decent rip of p.c.l - when your moving,,, thanks in advance

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Looking for an old acid tune Liam Dollard used to play. Sounds a bit like Mahogany Roots by Hardfloor. Has a killer 303 hook and has a vocal sample "won't you rock with me one time". Any ideas?

Yeah I have that track - I'm not at home at the moment to check but pretty sure its on XVX and possible the flip side of this...

http://www.discogs.com/Edge-Dentist-Dentist-Edge/release/45914?ev=rr

Or might also be on this one...

http://www.discogs.com/Ispirazione-Take-Me/release/121700

I'll check when I'm home tomorrw night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

helo all, looking for a bit of help to identify these 2 tracks. track 1. old skool track, probably from around 94 95, has a bit of a national anthem at the start (think its the US national anthem) followed by that famous record scrape and the track kicks in.
    track 2. old hardhouse track, probably from around 97 98, the lirics seem to be, i need, i need, i need your lovin, get get get down.
    cheers.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

helo all, looking for a bit of help to identify these 2 tracks. track 1. old skool track, probably from around 94 95, has a bit of a national anthem at the start (think its the US national anthem) followed by that famous record scrape and the track kicks in.
    track 2. old hardhouse track, probably from around 97 98, the lirics seem to be, i need, i need, i need your lovin, get get get down.
    cheers.

the first is 'United States' by Mr Roy. pretty much a faster house rip off of 'Altered States' by Ron Trent but still a good track in itself! Don't know the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

The track names keep popping up as they drop in, vinyl purists, look away now, you have been warned :D

Yeah I have that track - I'm not at home at the moment to check but pretty sure its on XVX and possible the flip side of this...

http://www.discogs.com/Edge-Dentist-Dentist-Edge/release/45914?ev=rr

Yeah it is this one... listening now, years since I've played it!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

ANYONE GOT A TRACKLIST FOR PRESSURE FLOOR CONTROL LADS LOOKIN 4 THE FIRST 2 TUNES ON SIDE A

• Advertisement

Yeah it is this one... listening now, years since I've played it!

Had a look for it on YouTube but only seems to be the other side on there.
    Any chance you could upload it? I'd be eternally grateful!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭francois

Soundcrowd gig

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

would anyone be able to identify this track? http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/25694611/file.html

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

For anyone who's interested Rtro Trax festival 2013 will be definitely happening due to overwhelming demand,some sound issues aside it was an amazing festival with an amazing crowd and the music as you'd expect was brilliant, highly re ommended, there will be a new venue which is yet is undecided but there wont be any sound issues.

It's not until next May or so so very early days but just thought id give youse a heads up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

francois wrote: »
    Soundcrowd gig

jaysus if im in Dublin ill have to be attending this although a score is a bit on the expensive side.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    jaysus if im in Dublin ill have to be attending this although a score is a bit on the expensive side.

way too expensive imo, €10 would be a fair price.
    mills was the same price, but he's well worth it ;)

es-cee wrote: »
    way too expensive imo, €10 would be a fair price.
    mills was the same price, but he's well worth it ;)

Did you go see Mills in the Twisted Pepper a few weeks ago?

Had a look for it on YouTube but only seems to be the other side on there.
    Any chance you could upload it? I'd be eternally grateful!!!!

Yeah no problem, be a few days though before I get to hook up the decks to record on the computer, been a while and I've no idea even where the relevant cables are but I'll get to it!

Did you go see Mills in the Twisted Pepper a few weeks ago?

Yeah, was a great gig, venue is too small for the likes of him, but i had a great time never the less.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

here ya go mate enjoy :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdCXWKRGJFg

34:12 mins absolutely of me tits throwin shapes lol

Advertisement