Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 9 Thread

Options
  • 01-11-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

Marshawn Lynch or Reggie Bush?

I can't decide...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

And yes I do have precisely the same dilemma as the guy last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I went with Lynch in the end, should have went with Bush but if fully fit I think Lynch would have got more points. I'm going with Lynch again this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, what's the layout for the play offs? Is it 6 teams? Top 4 and then the 2 best after that?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads, what's the layout for the play offs? Is it 6 teams? Top 4 and then the 2 best after that?

Yeah, it's basically the exact same as the NFL, only our leagues aren't the NFL, but conferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

SantryRed wrote: »

Top 6 teams so 4 group winner and 2 best runners up. The 2 best team get a bye in the 1st round and the other 4 meet in wildcard games.

• Advertisement

Top 6 teams so 4 group winner and 2 best runners up. The 2 best team get a bye in the 1st round and the other 4 meet in wildcard games.

Would you happen to know which top 4 are the ones who go through? The 4 semi-finalists or the top 4 in the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Cheers lads!

Actually have a chance in Division 3 at 4-4. Currently level with 3 other teams in the last play off spot.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Would you happen to know which top 4 are the ones who go through? The 4 semi-finalists or the top 4 in the league?

4 Teams finish on top of their respective groups. The two with the best record go through as the best the next two then meet the 2 best runners up in the wildcard games. Every team gets ranked as well based on record so its handy enough to see who goes through.

4 Teams finish on top of their respective groups. The two with the best record go through as the best the next two then meet the 2 best runners up in the wildcard games. Every team gets ranked as well based on record so its handy enough to see who goes through.

I'm talking about top 4 for promotion.

I'm talking about top 4 for promotion.

Edit: I have my stupid cap on today. The last 4 teams remaining in the League i.e Semi Finalists I think was agreed on. As they will be the top 4 ranked teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've a question about the waiver wire. If I've got a request in for 3 players would I be right in saying that I won't get all three even if I'm near the top of the list? If that's the case then how do I ensure that I get my preferred choice without jeopardising my claim for the others?

This is my first time venturing into the waiver wire. I'm kinda lost.

I've a question about the waiver wire. If I've got a request in for 3 players would I be right in saying that I won't get all three even if I'm near the top of the list? If that's the case then how do I ensure that I get my preferred choice without jeopardising my claim for the others?

This is my first time venturing into the waiver wire. I'm kinda lost.

Make sure the player you want is at the top of your waiver request and hope for the best. As the minute you claim one you automatically jump to the back of the queue for the others.

When you go to the "My Team" section right at the top you should see your waiver requests. Underneath them you should see "Edit Waivers". Click it and you will see all the requests. Simple drag the one you want first to the top and that will be your first preference.

Also take a look at the league table it will show you where you are on the waiver list. Im guessing if you havent touched it yet you should be around the top of it.

Make sure the player you want is at the top of your waiver request and hope for the best. As the minute you claim one you automatically jump to the back of the queue for the others.

When you go to the "My Team" section right at the top you should see your waiver requests. Underneath them you should see "Edit Waivers". Click it and you will see all the requests. Simple drag the one you want first to the top and that will be your first preference.

Also take a look at the league table it will show you where you are on the waiver list. Im guessing if you havent touched it yet you should be around the top of it.

Perfect. I'll sort it out now. I've one I really want, another I doubt I'll get and a final one I'm hoping and praying no one else will bother with. I'm 3rd in the list and the guys ahead of me on it haven't been on in one month and two weeks respectively so I'll surely get one anyway.

Perfect. I'll sort it out now. I've one I really want, another I doubt I'll get and a final one I'm hoping and praying no one else will bother with. I'm 3rd in the list and the guys ahead of me on it haven't been on in one month and two weeks respectively so I'll surely get one anyway.

If thats the case you will definitely get your first choice as for the other 2 they will be fair game to whoever puts in next for him and is high up on the waiver wire. I had a horrible start in the Prem this season and the Waiver wire is where Im doing my business scraped it back to a 4-4 record. Probably wont make playoffs but hopefully enough to keep me in the Prem.

If thats the case you will definitely get your first choice as for the other 2 they will be fair game to whoever puts in next for him and is high up on the waiver wire. I had a horrible start in the Prem this season and the Waiver wire is where Im doing my business scraped it back to a 4-4 record. Probably wont make playoffs but hopefully enough to keep me in the Prem.

Well I'm 5-3 down in the lowly Division 5. I wasn't around for the draft and fluked a decent enough team with Brees and McCoy my main guys. I've a few other serial under-performers. If they were on their game I'd be top now, no doubt about it.

I'll be hoping to make the playoffs and maybe even get into the top 2. All starting from this week. Hope my boys don't let me down.

Right I've only got a while left to choose this and I'm stuck between these two players. Should I get Mike Williams (Tampa Bay) or BenJarvus Green Ellis off the waiver wire. I know I'll probably only get the one of them so I want to make sure that the choice is right.

With Kevin Faulk coming back for the Patriots last week Benny didn't get anything at all really, only a stingy 9 yards. Williams hasn't done much at all over the season but he's been getting a few yards in his last two games.

I've got McCoy at RB and I've problems with my WRs so I'm in two minds over it all.

Green Ellis is well capable of double digit scores judging by some of his weeks and he's had a good few TDs so far but the return of Faulk and the amount of carries he got last week has me confused.

Any of ye more seasoned players have any opinions?

Right I've only got a while left to choose this and I'm stuck between these two players. Should I get Mike Williams (Tampa Bay) or BenJarvus Green Ellis off the waiver wire. I know I'll probably only get the one of them so I want to make sure that the choice is right.

With Kevin Faulk coming back for the Patriots last week Benny didn't get anything at all really, only a stingy 9 yards. Williams hasn't done much at all over the season but he's been getting a few yards in his last two games.

I've got McCoy at RB and I've problems with my WRs so I'm in two minds over it all.

Green Ellis is well capable of double digit scores judging by some of his weeks and he's had a good few TDs so far but the return of Faulk and the amount of carries he got last week has me confused.

I have advice to give but I too am going for both of these guys on the wire.

I have advice to give but I too am going for both of these guys on the wire.

I kinda guessed you would be. I'll be ignoring any and all advice from you about this anyway:D

Who else have you on your team. Law firm was never going to get get solid yards on the Steelers even if Faulk wasnt back as the Steelers know how to stuff singleback systems very well. Their Run defense when on form is one of the best around.

As for Williams he is struggling to be consistent for a guy who is in an offense struggling to do anything. Thing is if the Buccs sort their sh1t out and Freeman can pass at will Williams will see more action but it could be a case where Freeman has to pass it around to find someone open when he is under pressure hence why other guys have been getting fantasy points.

They both have hit and miss remaining schedules also. If you are stuck for another back I would say law firm to be honest even if Faulk relieves him of carries.

Who else have you on your team. Law firm was never going to get get solid yards on the Steelers even if Faulk wasnt back as the Steelers know how to stuff singleback systems very well. Their Run defense when on form is one of the best around.

As for Williams he is struggling to be consistent for a guy who is in an offense struggling to do anything. Thing is if the Buccs sort their sh1t out and Freeman can pass at will Williams will see more action but it could be a case where Freeman has to pass it around to find someone open when he is under pressure hence why other guys have been getting fantasy points.

They both have hit and miss remaining schedules also. If you are stuck for another back I would say law firm to be honest even if Faulk relieves him of carries.

QB - Brees and Cutler
    RB - McCoy, Jonathan Stewart and Donald Brown. Want to get rid of Brown, he's doing nothing.
    WR - Roddy White, Brandon Marshall and Roy Williams. This is my main problem area. I don't really want another guy who's going to be inconsistent because I've my fair of them with White and Marshall already.
    TE - Gronkowski and Dallas Clark
    K - Mason Crosby
    DEF - Packers

I'm pretty sorted for most positions bar a second RB and a consistent WR. Stewart is doing ok as my 2nd RB at the moment but if I could get an upgrade on him then I'd gladly take it. This is where Law Firm comes in.

As I mentioned I don't want to take on a third inconsistent WR. That'll just wreck with my head over the next few weeks and into the platoffs if I make them. I expected major things from Roddy when I got him but he's been a huge disappointment so far and the same with Marshall. There aren't many other options on the wire from what I can see either.

• Advertisement

QB - Brees and Cutler
    RB - McCoy, Jonathan Stewart and Donald Brown. Want to get rid of Brown, he's doing nothing.
    WR - Roddy White, Brandon Marshall and Roy Williams. This is my main problem area. I don't really want another guy who's going to be inconsistent because I've my fair of them with White and Marshall already.
    TE - Gronkowski and Dallas Clark
    K - Mason Crosby
    DEF - Packers

I'm pretty sorted for most positions bar a second RB and a consistent WR. Stewart is doing ok as my 2nd RB at the moment but if I could get an upgrade on him then I'd gladly take it. This is where Law Firm comes in.

As I mentioned I don't want to take on a third inconsistent WR. That'll just wreck with my head over the next few weeks and into the platoffs if I make them. I expected major things from Roddy when I got him but he's been a huge disappointment so far and the same with Marshall. There aren't many other options on the wire from what I can see either.

Jon Baldwin is someone you could pick up off the wire. He's a diva but he's very talented and there are a few games in which he could put up decent scores against rotten secondaries like Denver and New England.

Jon Baldwin is someone you could pick up off the wire. He's a diva but he's very talented and there are a few games in which he could put up decent scores against rotten secondaries like Denver and New England.

Yea I have been looking at him the last few days and I put a request in for him. Didn't want to mention for fear that someone else would take him and I'll probably be last in the list by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I like Baldwin (I picked him up in one of my deeper leagues today), but with Bowe and more particularly Breaston there too I'd ware than it'll probably be a WR carousel for the production for the #2 targets most weeks. He's a good one to stash in case he breaks out, but don't be surprised if it's Breaston with 70 yards and a TD next week.

For god's sake Jimmy, it's really not fair if you get Jon Baldwin AND Green-Ellis.

For god's sake Jimmy, it's really not fair if you get Jon Baldwin AND Green-Ellis.

Did he get both? haha epic love when the waiver does that so much movement by others and you end up moving back into a good position to get your second guy.

Ha apologies about that. Not my fault though if no one else put in a claim for either of the two guys. I was nervous about the Baldwin one because I'd drop back so far. Knew I had Law Firm tied up considering I had 2 inactives ahead of me.
    Did he get both? haha epic love when the waiver does that so much movement by others and you end up moving back into a good position to get your second guy.

I got the two of them and Jason Avant as a replacement for Roy Williams. Pretty pleased with my first venture into the waiver wire. Leaves me in a pretty solid position now heading into the final few games.

You get Baldwin and Green-Ellis while I get... Bryant. At least Bryant should sort out the kicker situation. I'm hoping the Colts get absolutely hammered this weekend for my fantasy team, as I have Bryant and the Falcons defense.

Guys, I have a new and even more pathetic dilemma. I need to pick 2 of the following WRs for my team:
    Doug Baldwin, Seattle, vs. Dallas
    Lance Moore, New Orleans, vs. Tampa Bay
    David Nelson, Buffalo, vs. New Jersey (jets)
    Kevin Walter, Houston, vs. Cleveland

The Jets and the Browns have been rock solid in pass defense, which could hinder Walter and Nelson, though if Johnson is on Revis island that will help Nelson's targets, and if Haden is stuck to Johnson Walter could get more looks. My favourite here is Doug Baldwin, though his fortunes depend on whether the Cowboys can defend again after last week's embarassment. Lance Moore is a distant number 2 behind Marques Colston, but the Saints passing attack is very potent. Right now I'm thinking Baldwin and Moore, though I could start Walter.

Who here thinks DeMarco Murray is for real? He obviously had a great game against the Rams and though he didn't get that much in the Eagles game he did average 9 yards per carry and he seemed to be dangerous every time he got the ball.

You get Baldwin and Green-Ellis while I get... Bryant. At least Bryant should sort out the kicker situation. I'm hoping the Colts get absolutely hammered this weekend for my fantasy team, as I have Bryant and the Falcons defense.

Do you mind me asking but did you put in a claim for Baldwin? I honestly put the request in for him 2 days ago and was certain someone else would pick him up instead of me.

I'll also be hoping the Colts get hammered again. Looking for White to get a few TDs. I'd expect the Falcons to do the business. Bryant has a great record. I was looking at picking him up 2 weeks ago but didn't bother.

Do you mind me asking but did you put in a claim for Baldwin? I honestly put the request in for him 2 days ago and was certain someone else would pick him up instead of me.

I'll also be hoping the Colts get hammered again. Looking for White to get a few TDs. I'd expect the Falcons to do the business. Bryant has a great record. I was looking at picking him up 2 weeks ago but didn't bother.

I'm glad you didn't bother 2 weeks ago, he won me the game. I went for Bryant ahead of Baldwin, but I think that if you claim someone who a ton of people went for like Green-Ellis, it should affect your waiver wire order more than going for Bryant, who maybe had 1 other person going for him. I'm not too bummed about missing out on Baldwin though, he's only a rookie no. 2 wideout who's disliked by teammates and coaches alike.

• Advertisement

I'm glad you didn't bother 2 weeks ago, he won me the game. I went for Bryant ahead of Baldwin, but I think that if you claim someone who a ton of people went for like Green-Ellis, it should affect your waiver wire order more than going for Bryant, who maybe had 1 other person going for him. I'm not too bummed about missing out on Baldwin though, he's only a rookie no. 2 wideout who's disliked by teammates and coaches alike.

Well if it's any consolation I'm 16th on the list now. I haven't got a chance of really picking up anyone else decent on the wire so I kinda had to go for a few in the one go. I'll be hoping that he puts his differences aside or I'll be having serious words with him :p.

Oh yea, I'm almost certain that I moved places overnight in my division. I was in 2nd place last night and now, for some reason, I'm in 1st place. I can't think of a reason why except for the waivers last night, but that'd hardly make any difference to the situation, would it?

Advertisement