Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who ruined your life?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Scooby Doo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

domineering left side of my brain never did adapt to this man-made 'reality'

.. Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

My brother Charley.

When I was younger I was a pretty good boxer. I was in a fight against this guy Wilson, and if I'd beaten him I know I would've got a title shot.

Before the fight I was feeling really good and knew I could've beaten him. I could've taken him apart!

But when I was in the dressing room, my brother came in and said it wasn't my night, and that we were going to go for the price on Wilson.

I was furious but in the end I went along with it as Charley was my big brother, and I took the dive.

Needless to say, Wilson got the title shot and I got nothing but a one-way ticket to Palookaville.

Charley was my brother, and he should've looked out for me just a little bit.
    I mean, I was really good, and I had great potential! I could've have class! I could've been a contender, I could've been somebody.

But instead, I'm a bum.

Yeah, it was you Charley. It was you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

:o

:D cheers that was the reference just too lazy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Jim DeMint...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

JP McManus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

My primary school bully. Luckily I have gotten my revenge, by living adequately and also I'm going to cut the brake lines on his jag.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mary Joanna and the creator of the sausage and egg mc. muffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

The Mod that banned me from Soccer for 6 months, I feel so lost :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The person who next replies to this thread.

I hope you can live with the shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ah feck...I just knew it was going to be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

My absolute d1ck of a 4th class teacher, Had no teaching abilities whatsoever and completely turned me off school by tormenting me and bullying me and everyone else in the class for 4 months, happiest day of my life when he was sacked but he'd already done enough to turn me off school for life ended up hating it and leaving at 15.

I know for a fact i would have done my leaving and probably gone to college if it wasn't for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

an old landlord tried to but we got our own back. he's dead now, probably unrelated

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

baraca wrote: »
    My absolute d1ck of a 4th class teacher, Had no teaching abilities whatsoever and completely turned me off school by tormenting me and bullying me and everyone else in the class for 4 months, happiest day of my life when he was sacked but he'd already done enough to turn me off school for life ended up hating it and leaving at 15.

I know for a fact i would have done my leaving and probably gone to college if it wasn't for him.

You could always still do those things.. plenty of people doing their leaving certs and/or going to college as mature students.

My brother Charley.

When I was younger I was a pretty good boxer. I was in a fight against this guy Wilson, and if I'd beaten him I know I would've got a title shot.

Before the fight I was feeling really good and knew I could've beaten him. I could've taken him apart!

But when I was in the dressing room, my brother came in and said it wasn't my night, and that we were going to go for the price on Wilson.

I was furious but in the end I went along with it as Charley was my big brother, and I took the dive.

Needless to say, Wilson got the title shot and I got nothing but a one-way ticket to Palookaville.

I mean, I was really good, and I had great potential! I could've have class! I could've been a contender, I could've been somebody.

But instead, I'm a bum.

Not a lot of people are gonna get that one.
    Marlon Brando was a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Pooh Bear and The Honey Monster:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The KKK, they took m baby away:(

Pat Mustard, I am really hairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I ruined it all by myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

The flying spaghetti monster, when is it going to be my fcuking Dolmio Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

dojojoe wrote: »
    My brother Charley.

But instead, I'm a bum.

Not a lot of people are gonna get that one.
    Marlon Brando was a class act.

yes but on the other hand a lot of people are gonna get that one. did merit the copyright however

.. ftr Brando or Damon? Mr everymarine can barely act, let alone preside. Shh..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Sarah Connors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    Your man from the carbon monoxide awareness adverts. My house used to be lovely, warm and stuffy. Now my mum leaves doors and windows open at the most awkward of times! Fúcking freezing!

And Joe Duffy. I'm 19 now, so when I leave the house, mum would suspect that I'm speeding in her car while high on headshop drugs.

See a pattern? :D
    So your mother ruins your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Mostly myself. Though my ex also damaged me quite a lot emotionally which didn't help matters. And thoroughly unhelpful college lecturers who only served to make me feel like a complete idiot most of the time.

And I'm not talking about being rich and powerful, just being happy enough to cope with day to day life and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

The Mod that banned me from Soccer for 6 months, I feel so lost :(

When is the ban up? I want to mark it on my calender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

As I am the only one living my life I take the credit when it is going well and the blame when it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Hmm well some people do some horrendously damaging things to others, even if you have a debilitation condition, even if things aren't so good now doesn't mean your life is ruined.

Maybe the life you thought you'd have is the only thing that is ruined.

We all mess up, we all run into others in our lives that mess us up and we all still achieve to varying degree's.

I guess my parents ruined my life, you see I was meant to be in LANDAN studying something like textiles and traveling the world during my free time, ya know splashing out using the trust-fund, but no they ruined it all.

Basically I stand by it, really the life you thought you'd have is the only thing that is ruined. (And yes I'm in a bad situation so my wife did this and did this and now my life is ruined isn't really true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

People are not taking this seriously. My story:

I once loved a woman, Mary, bound to be my life partner for ever - we were born to be together. I thought. I knew. She said so too.

Then we met Joesph, friend of my sister. A philanderer. A cheat. A bug eyed bastard to boot. Cotton eyed we called him. He stole my woman.

If if wasn't for him....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Yahew wrote: »
    People are not taking this seriously. My story:

I once loved a woman, Mary, bound to be my life partner for ever - we were born to be together. I thought. I knew. She said so too.

Then we met Joesph, friend of my sister. A philanderer. A cheat. A bug eyed bastard to boot. Cotton eyed we called him. He stole my woman.

If if wasn't for him....

Where did he come from?

Advertisement