Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt debt €3.6bn less after 'accounting error'

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Shouldn't that money be handed into lost property, then if nobody claims it in a year and a day, the government gets it back.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

... and there was me worrying about being a few hundred out on my Accounting exam last April...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sitec wrote: »
    They should put it all on a 200/1 Horse and fcuk the bail out.

They could ask Mr Ahern for the horse tip - well seeing as he seems to be so successful at raking it in from them!
    ...Which was all true of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Jeez maybe my Leaving Cert accounting skills would have come in handy for the Government on this one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

says enough about the government when an employee is out of tune by over 3 billion euro.

seriously, how can someone be that bad...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1103/finance.html

might as well get that guy from breaking bad and have him do all the jobs for the government...the beanie guy that is.

'3 billion euro... whatever man'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I've responded to your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I got a sneak look at the review...

No one is accountable for the error.

It's going to be a surprise.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Down the back of the sofa boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Is it necessary to keep going on about it, they did not have to tell us at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Threads Merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

seriously, how can someone be that bad...

I imagine that money transfers are signed off by several people so several people must have missed this little gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

An "accounting error" my bo**ix. :rolleyes:
    Someone, most likely some group, was looking to line their pockets. But the greed of them ... fraud 3.6 million? ... possibly. But 3.6 Billion? .. :rolleyes:

Is there anyone decent left in the world. Or is it indeed one big rat race where no rules, no morals, no ethics apply.

Why shouldnt the average joe be a rouge. Why not collect the social while you work under the table. Cant be any worse than these shower of wan*ers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

woodoo wrote: »
    Brilliant i suggest a payrise of 5% for the public service before anything else is done.

Yes indeed !

Heaven forbid that this would lead to any "public service bashing" and as this is Ireland ..no names ...no faces...no accountability. Just trouser loads of cash for the top Dudes...don't be surprised pal ...they made the rules !

The Senior Dude will be given a bit of a slap and a dressing down from Shinner Mary in her impeccable D4 accent....he will feed them some shit, refuse to take any responsibility and head orf to Bruxelles with the saddle bags well full and two fingers fully extended to John Q Taxpayer.

Whole fuckin thing will die down in a couple of days...fuck all will be done by way of reform and the "mandarins" will go back to picking their holes as if nothin has happened.

"Oh! what a great littke countreee.....Oh what a great......"

Advertisement