Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 2

Options
  • 30-10-2011 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

I originally posted about loosing weight a few days ago and in the last couple of weeks I've hovered at 15 stone 12 pounds.
    Haven't been cycling all week and it's obvious.

Thanks to advice on the forum and from lads in the shop ,I've gotten spds ,helmet ,jersey ,full lenght shorts and shoes.

So all going well I will see some results and will post back. Google tracks never lies :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

Just back (live in glasnevin) from enniskerry. For some reason the spd's make it much easier ,so I'm climbing hills now I wouldn't have before.
    Totalled 85KM on google my tracks ,which is not bad for a fat bloke on a hybrid :D

Got a lovely puncture aswell ,had to change the tube. (needed a short break anyway:pac:)

I was really looking forward to adding to this later in the week ,but I was told today to stay off the bike for a couple of weeks by the doc.
    Big muda of a perscprition
    On walkabout now instead for a while :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

thats a pity , speedy recovery !!

Cheers ,it's something the cycling has made easier to diagnose.
    Doctor laughed out loud when I said sh1t to no cycling.

Haven't been on the bike since monday but I will put up my weight now anyway.
    15 stone 8 pounds ,must have killed a few pounds with that big moday cycle.
    Had a big chicken curry last night aswell.
    Two days this week I only took in a total of 1000 calories and worked extra hard aswell during the day.

The boost I needed I got on the main forum on thursday ,kept me going on 1000 calories and looking forward to getting a new road bike myself.

Still in some discomfort from the meds ,so won't be on the bike until next week.Feeling super otherwise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

There is no secret to it really, If your not training you need to watch what your eating and you will be fine, if your training hard you can get away with more, if your purely looking to lose like I am eat healthy and train and weight comes off, just needs hard work.

Try stay where you are weight wise until your back on your bike by watching what your eating and you will be eager to go again when your back to health. Its soul destroying getting back on the bike when your weight has gone up and you only burst your gut 2 weeks ago to lose it.

Going in to look at nice clothes helps aswell ,along with the nice smiles from people :)

Advertisement