Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Policeman in the wrong or law student being a dick? [UK]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I'd say yer man stuck up the video thinking he'd become a viral hero or something. Looks like it has backfired on him.

Fair play to the copper for humouring that shíte for a full 5mins before finally having enough. Bloody libtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

The policeman should have Oaklanded him.

The clown ran a red light... Would he have been so smart if he ended up mashed between the wheels of an artic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Cyclist is a knob. "you tried to touch the camera, how dare you, YOU TRIED TO TOUCH THE CAMERA"
    Wish the cop beat the camera into his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Find him, arrest that gob****e. He broke a traffic law, he refused to provide his details to a police officer, he made unreasonable demands of that officer therefore mocking him.

Is it illegal for a cyclist to break a red light? Is there something specifically in the statute books of the UK saying the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭30Min

What a complete arsehole (the cyclist).

I wonder if someone broke into his house or punched him in the face (which I would love to see), would he be happy for the perpetrator to go on his merry way because the arresting officer couldn't ream off the numerous laws he'd be acting under.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Is it illegal for a cyclist to break a red light? Is there something specifically in the statute books of the UK saying the same?

Logic would suggest it is... I mean, it is creating a hazzard for traffic with the right of way... Think about it. Cyclists have to abide by the same rules as any other road user, goes without saying, I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

MungBean wrote: »
    I didnt say the police were infallible, dont make up bullshít to fit your argument.

If the cyclist had issue with the fine he had the opportunity to contest it both to the issuing officer and through the court if he felt the need but he didnt. He decided to ignore the issue completely and antagonise the situation.

He could and should have been arrested until his identity was established.

Relax, will you!

All I did was point at the fact that everyone was just assuming he ran the red light! Your argument was that "the cop saw it", my point is that the cop could have simply been wrong, no one is perfect.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The constable should have knocked some sense into him with his torch

First year law students, they know everything and they know nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Well to be fair if i had a camera in my face i would of done the same thing, I don't actually think he was in the wrong there and was a lot more patient with your man than a lot of other police would of been

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Relax, will you!

All I did was point at the fact that everyone was just assuming he ran the red light! Your argument was that "the cop saw it", my point is that the cop could have simply been wrong, no one is perfect.

You implied that my argument was that the cop couldnt have been wrong.

My argument was that the cop seen him, pulled him over. The guy refused to discuss it, refused to accept the ticket and refused to give him details. If he didnt run the red light he should have pointed out that he didnt. He never questioned the officers version of events just refused to accept the officer had authority to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It would likely to be careless or inconsiderate cycling which constitute offences under ?s28 RTA if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-pedestrians-cyclists-motorcyclists/cyclists/cyclists_other-road-users.html

Don't ever cycle through red traffic lights or pedestrian lights.

(This is according to the RSA)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

I love how the camera was switched off at the red light :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Why do I get the impression that this div was deliberately running the red light hoping this fella would pull him over. He certainly seemed to have his 'facts' learnt off and also know quite a bit about this particular PC. Not to mention camera ready. Smells like a set-up.

Kinda like yer woman in that video who was causing trouble at the Garda checkpoint on Lower Liffey Street during the Queens visit. One wonders how many times they have to cause the offense before they get the footage they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

The cyclist is the a dick, just put your hands up when you know you have done wrong, jaysus as a cyclist, I refuse to recognise redlights, 1 way streets any traffic law. I really should cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    He is not a law student, his is a freeman or something like that

I am not a number, I am a free man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Police brutality - lol. Fvcking hipsters, trying to find repression where there isn't any. Most of them will end up running daddy's business anyway once they get over their protest fetish phase...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

guy filming is a total Muppet, copper seemed decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

For all we know he was arrested and charged after being pursued. The power of video editing. Eitherway he seems like a knob-end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

If I was the cop that guy would have been thrown in the slammer!

Just admit you're wrong, issue an apology & move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the cyclist was a complete prick.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Relax, will you!

Thing is, he never denied running a red light, plus he has video evidence to prove it (or not).
    If the allegations were false, where is the video of the green tight!

IN the UK the rules of the road apply to ALL users with vehicles or animals (riding a horse) and that includes dicks like that cyclist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

stovelid wrote: »
    And the ancillary benefits of immunity from road courtesy, Lycra cladding and smugness.
    ye but not really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

ye but not really
    sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anybody know if the original video with the cop and the cyclist still exists anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

triple-M wrote: »
    sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anybody know if the original video with the cop and the cyclist still exists anywhere?

looks like he did a good job getting all copies removed from youtube.

here's his youtube, looking at his other videos, what a tosser he is:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spiritualentertainer/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Think there's some editing here. In the earlier version there was more footage at the start and at the end the cyclist made a dramatic getaway from the pc :pac: He also wrote on the vid that he was in the wrong and said next time he met the pc he was going to give him a big hug :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Regardless of the legality involved, If you run a red light you're endangering yourself and others. The police man in question was doing people a service dealing with it.

Advertisement