Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent beer offer next thur to sun in Tesco.

Options
  • 29-10-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Slabs of beer are 2 for €50 from Thursday to Sunday next.
    Usual brands.
    Bud. Guinness. Carlsberg. Heineken. Coors. Miller. Bulmers.

They are 24x500ml except the Bulmers is 18x500ml.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Outstanding, pefect timing for the clocks going back and the opportunity to start boozing an our earlier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

jarvis wrote: »
    Bud. Guinness. Carlsberg. Heineken. Coors. Miller. Bulmers.

I thought you said "Decent" beers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

**** off !

Thanks op great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Snowc wrote: »
    **** off !

Thanks op great deal

You can hurl expletives all you like at him, but he was correct in what he was inferring.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

The way I read it is that the OP thinks it's a decent offer, thus not really referring to the quality of the beer.

Don't get hung up on semantics, if you don't like it don't buy it. I'll be getting the stout in though, cheers OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Thanks for the tip off OP ..stocks were running low..

Wonder does it include koppaberg slabs like they did in their last 24 for €24?? ..if so will be stocking Up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Decent beer offers was meant to refer to the offer. Should I have had a comma in there somewhere? I would hate to imply that my beer is better than your beer as obviously you drink some elusive beer that is sourced from some ancient tribe in brazil or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

No, a comma wouldn't really help anything. Merely semantics, and Creeping Death was commenting on the apparent quality of the beers (or lack of) mentioned and how "decent" they were(n't).

Not a bad deal all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

By my calculation, the current offer on the Bulmers of 12x 500mL cans for €15is a better deal than 18x 500 mL cans for €25

€2.50 /Litre compared to the new offer of €2.78/ Litre

The 12 for €15 offer finishes on the 01 Nov

Not a huge difference, but as Tesco says: Every little helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Keen eye.

Bulmers is a cider, OP! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can the beer connoisseurs please shag off to this forum? Ta!

Same old tired "sh*te beer" response!

This is the Bargain Alerts forum... this beer is selling well-below what it normally cost - hence the "bargain alert".

Feel free to start a new thread elsewhere venting about "ye ol' cheap commoner beer"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

CH3OH wrote: »
    By my calculation, the current offer on the Bulmers of 12x 500mL cans for €15is a better deal than 18x 500 mL cans for €25

€2.50 /Litre compared to the new offer of €2.78/ Litre

The 12 for €15 offer finishes on the 01 Nov

Not a huge difference, but as Tesco says: Every little helps..

Is that offer in every tesco? My local off licence is selling 8 cans for €15 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Is that offer in every tesco? My local off licence is selling 8 cans for €15 :mad:
    did you even read post No 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Jarvis once again thank you for the heads up. Any info on koppaberg being included in the offer by any chance as i wanna stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I am worried with the forthcoming budget in December that we will be hit with minimum pricing legislation for alcohol I plan on buying up as much as I physically can store of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I can get Slabs of bulmers for 15e :) best before is in january but shur it'd be drunk by then!:) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

did you even read post No 1?

Yes why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yes why?

Offers valid from this Thursday to Sunday I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Yes why?

Read it again then, look at when the OP says the deal begins,its Thursday till Sunday...

• Advertisement

Read it again then, look at when the OP says the deal begins,its Thursday till Sunday...

I wasn't quoting the OP, I was asking if every tesco does the 12 for €15 which was stated in the post that I quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

They will be on special at €30 for most of the time up until Xmas. With the Thursday to Sunday 2 for €50 popping up a number of weekends. If dunnes react with a single slab offer I'm sure Tesco with do the same. Either way it's good competition and we should all benefit. I'm unsure of the koppeberg question and won't be able to find out before the promo starts. Last time an offer like this was on, people were queuing for the offo to open. Anyone looking to buy large quantities should buy early, it's normally half way through the first or second day that Tesco remember they are supposed to have a customer quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

Basq wrote: »

This is the Bargain Alerts forum... this beer is selling well-below what it normally cost - hence the "bargain alert".

Feel free to start a new thread elsewhere venting about "ye ol' cheap commoner beer"!

I <3 you Basq.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Time to get a few in for Xmas me thinks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Basq wrote: »

Yes, Basq, sock it to 'em!! :P Once I saw the thread title I knew what to expect from the 'pecan-flavoured ale brewed by one-armed Buddhist monks in Armenia' brigade. Yes, there is certainly a place for discussing beers from around the world (I enjoy those discussions myself), but BA ain't it. On that front, thanks OP for a decent bargain.
    Nyom nyom, slurp slurp!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

pudzey101 wrote: »
    I can get Slabs of bulmers for 15e :) best before is in january but shur it'd be drunk by then!:) haha

Where???
    Would definitely be well gone before Jan in our house if I got a slab or 2 at 15 euro each, what slab size btw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

freebee23 wrote: »
    Where???
    Would definitely be well gone before Jan in our house if I got a slab or 2 at 15 euro each, what slab size btw
    Picked up 2 slabs of bud yesterday in carryout , tyrellstown. €24 ea. 24 x500ml cans (5% alc as opposed to the usual 4.3%). Plenty left. Store guy told me that the slabs are always a max of 29€ anyway. Cant really get better than that. Obviously, applies to all branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Galahad is 7.99 for 12 cans all year round at Aldi. 1.35 per litre. €15.98 for 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

freebee23 wrote: »
    Where???

Clonmel where its made :) normal 24 cans:) like theres nothing wrong with it :) itl be best before in 2-3months so its easiest way they can get rid of it :)
    ya wudnt notice any difference in taste either:) (well i havnt) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

So this offer begins this Thursday at opening hours right?

Advertisement