Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No DARTs between Pearse & Dun Laoghaire for a number of days

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Iarnrod Eireann should allow push bikes be carried on the Dart during rush hour period until this disruption ends even if it required putting on 8 carriage darts sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Have they fixed this yet it was a nightmare trying to get to college last week went an hour to two hour journey :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,562 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No - it'll still be in force until at least next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Iarnrod Eireann should allow push bikes be carried on the Dart during rush hour period until this disruption ends even if it required putting on 8 carriage darts sets.

eh, 8 sets run at rush hour full anyway and how exactly do you propose they get the extra units past the bridge to service the southern section.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

DART/Rosslare disruption - update
    http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=1226

DART/Rosslare disruption: line closed Grand Canal Dock to Sydney Parade, work progressing well by Corporate Communications

UPDATE Sunday 6th November, 16.15hrs

Iarnród Éireann has advised customers that works to reopen the DART line at the River Dodder, at Lansdowne Road Station, are progressing ahead of schedule.

The line has been closed between Grand Canal Dock and Sydney Parade since Thursday 27th October due to river bed erosion caused by the Dublin floods in the vicinity of a bridge pier at the Dodder Bridge, to the south end of Lansdowne Road Station.

The works to repair this damage had been expected to be completed by Friday 11th November. However, excellent progress has been made to date. Engineers now plan to operate test locomotives across the bridge tomorrow (Monday 7th November) and subject to these tests being succcessful, the line would reopen earlier in the week than originally planned. We expect to be in a position to confirm a reopening date and time tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Any word on how the bus shuttle services are running? Was not around last Thurs or Friday, so wondering if I can depend on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

In regards to the cross overs, if they put one north and one south of Lansdowne then they could also use it to loop around the trains that sit there at match end rather than shut the whole line down for 30 mins or so...

as well as the obvious benefits as discussed above.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Update: DART/Rosslare disruption: line to reopen between Grand Canal Dock to Sydney tomorrow morning by Corporate Communications

The works to repair this damage had been expected to be completed by Friday 11th November. However, excellent progress has been made to date. Grand Canal Dock-Sydney Parade line will now reopen at start of business tomorrow (Tues 8th November). Full services will operate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

UPDATE Monday 7th November, 16.15hrs

The works to repair this damage had been expected to be completed by Friday 11th November. However, excellent progress has been made to date. Grand Canal Dock-Sydney Parade line will now reopen at start of business tomorrow (Tues 8th November). Full services will operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Any word on how the bus shuttle services are running? Was not around last Thurs or Friday, so wondering if I can depend on these?
    Shuttle worked out well for me this morning. Despite a 20 minute delay outside Connolly due to a signal failure, when I got to Pearse, a shuttle bus left 5mins later, and dropped me off at the RDS.
    However, while I waited for 15mins at 6.15pm at RDS, an empty townbound shuttle passed me by, but would not stop. I then realised they would only pick up from designated stops. Ended up walking into town:mad:
    Thank God it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Daemos wrote: »

UPDATE Monday 7th November, 16.15hrs

This is great news and paints Irish rail in a good light for once:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Im in shock Foggy :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

a semi-state body getting something finished EARLY? :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The cynic in me wonders if they implemented the old boss management technique.

Yes boss, it will take 4 weeks (it will actually take 2 weeks).

Do it in 2 weeks, arse about for 1 week more and then get loads of praise when you tell the boss you have it done 1 week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I don't find it surprising that an UNPLANNED REPAIR had a wide +/- on a time to fix estimate. This wasn't a broken rail or a bulb gone in a signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

In regards to the cross overs, if they put one north and one south of Lansdowne then they could also use it to loop around the trains that sit there at match end rather than shut the whole line down for 30 mins or so...

as well as the obvious benefits as discussed above.
    There are turnback works supposed to happen at GCD as part of DASH2, right? They still might have to shut it down because of crowding though...

FL: glad to hear you say that - another individual was complaining IE had made it sound more serious so they could look like heroes when it came in early...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

bk wrote: »
    The cynic in me wonders if they implemented the old boss management technique.

Yes boss, it will take 4 weeks (it will actually take 2 weeks).

Do it in 2 weeks, arse about for 1 week more and then get loads of praise when you tell the boss you have it done 1 week early.

He's the Boss. By definition, when provided with the detail he should know how long it will take. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bmaxi wrote: »
    He's the Boss. By definition, when provided with the detail he should know how long it will take. :)

Un/fortunately when you have pointy haired bosses (PHB's) with MBA's but no engineering experience managing engineers, the PHB's usually end up getting "managed" by the engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

bk wrote: »
    Un/fortunately when you have pointy haired bosses (PHB's) with MBA's but no engineering experience managing engineers, the PHB's usually end up getting "managed" by the engineers.

How many IE managers are not Engineers?

• Advertisement

How many IE managers are not Engineers?

No idea, I don't work for IE, just making a general observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd hazard very few aren't Engineers therefore there aren't any PHBs to be managed by the Engineers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Trains seem to be crawling through Lansdowne road ever since the bridge re opened :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Trains seem to be crawling through Lansdowne road ever since the bridge re opened :rolleyes:

That would be standard after any works.

Advertisement