Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Halloween Sale

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent on Steam and I just quit out of it. Again. Taking a break to type this now, then I'm going to get another beer and try it again. Truly, this game can only be played in bursts! Every time I quit out, the number of minutes Steam says I have played for taunts me!

Right, must get back to it. It's only a game... it's only a game...

I am really jelly at this m8. I got it last year hoping it will scare me like good old re and sh games.
    I turned off lights, closed all doors. Turned up my 5.1 sound system.... And then I got bored :(. It did not scared me at all :(.

I'll try give it ago this year again. Misses planing on going to cork this weekend so I should be alone. We will see....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Yeah i was expecting amnesia to scare the crap out of me from all the buzz i heard. But didnt scare me near as much as resi, silent hill or fear, to name a few.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Any of the borderlands DLC any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I am really jelly at this m8. I got it last year hoping it will scare me like good old re and sh games.
    I turned off lights, closed all doors. Turned up my 5.1 sound system.... And then I got bored :(. It did not scared me at all :(.

I'll try give it ago this year again. Misses planing on going to cork this weekend so I should be alone. We will see....
    Spunge wrote: »
    Yeah i was expecting amnesia to scare the crap out of me from all the buzz i heard. But didnt scare me near as much as resi, silent hill or fear, to name a few.

I have played my fair share of the Resident Evils, the Silent Hills and others, plus I'm no stranger to horror movies and novels but Amnesia is really unsettling me. I didn't think I was a wuss but you guys' attitude to it is making me rethink that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Everytime penumbra is on sale I've no money :'(

You want me to gift it to you (it's €4,50 right?) and then you gift me something on Steam at some other point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

any word yet this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I clicked on the link in the op and there was no sale. :( Reminder to self: Always check the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Derp :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Skerries wrote: »
    any word yet this year?

My guess would be either it will start tomorrow or not at all and if not at all then there will be one for black friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Gamestop formerly impulse is running a sale at the moment some nice games darksiders 2 at 25 euroo vampire the masquerader bloodlines at 3 euro etc should check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

Left 4 dead 1 and 2 for 7.49 is not bad :)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Wasn't too impressed with the sale.
    And you know something is wrong when you have to keep going to your Library to check if you already own the games :P

-Went to buy Orcs Must Die and Dead Space 2 , turns out I own them.
    So only purchase this sale is "Dead Island"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

*Sigh*

Looks for Credit card.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone got any recommendations?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone got any recommendations?

Dead Island is great if you have a Friend for Co-op

Left4Dead 2 !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Killing Floor for co-op MP shenanigans
    Dungeon Defenders if ya like tower defense

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Already got L4D. Good for delving into from time to time.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Put a couple of hundred hours into L4D2. Would Killing floor bring anything new to the table, is it worth trying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

There's a couple of cracking games in there if folk don't already own them. Outside of the obvious ones in there my definite picks would be.

Anna
    Costume Quest
    Adventures of Shuggy
    Hell Yeah!
    Painkiller Complete Pack

I really enjoyed They Bleed Pixels too but it's most certainly not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

alice madness returns is a must have

Best game i played in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Headshot wrote: »
    alice madness returns is a must have

Best game i played in years

Twas a fiver on origin a while back and forgot to get it, was hoping for it to drop to that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

picked up Walking Dead series at the weekend (err Monday). Was considering it earlier in the week, so glad I held out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dropped like €200 last sale and have played about 30 minutes in total of the stuff I bought.

no doubt more money will be wasted here.

Damn you WoW and LoL, damn you!

** Had a look , absolutely nothing interesting me, thank ****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm going to pick up prototype 1 for a fiver; can also recommend Overlord package for the same price. It's fun being an evil overlord terrorising the local peasants and send in your fire goblins to toast sheep or kill pansy elfs :D

Advertisement