Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone interpret this dream?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Last night I dreamt that I was sleeping in my car and the engine was running, it seemed to have lasted the whole night long. Seems very strange. Anyone have any opinions on this one? confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

pearlgirl wrote: »
    Last night I dreamt that I was sleeping in my car and the engine was running, it seemed to have lasted the whole night long. Seems very strange. Anyone have any opinions on this one? confused.gif

Did you have a washing machine/dryer/dish washer running? Was there noise outside? Sound is still processed while you sleep and maybe even exaggerated as you sleep. How do you know it went on all night? Were you woken up by it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pearlgirl

thanks parrai,
    No i didn't have any machinary on in the backround, i felt it went on all night beacuse i was twisting and turning all night and was uncomfortable like as if i was really sleeping in the car. Also i have had other strange car dreams over the last couple of weeks, including the car speeding out of control while in reverse, and then going the wrong way around a busy roundabout, with cars going in all directions. So cars seem to be featuring a lot, Even though there is nothing going on in my life to do with cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Coonflynn

How have you been feeling lately? Often when I dream about cars or other moving vehicles I might be after having a bad week or a stressful day. Dreams like this sometimes mean you may feel like your not in total control and you're trying to regain that control you feel you've lost

#just my view :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Did you actually sleep in your car last night while the engine was still running?

If so, it may explain the dream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Do you have a car that has an engine, ,Might explain the cost of petrol,
    Weetabix

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did you drink any alcohol last night before bed? Or take any kind of narcotics?

Maybe you slept walked and went out in to you car in the middle of the night?

yes there is a lot of stress in my life and this would explain to certain extent the loss of control but why cars? thanks for your opinions guys haha...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I think a car is supposed to represent your life's journey (any vehicle is). I'm thinking that your dream might mean that you are ready to move (in the car, engine running) but are sleeping/ignoring moving forward. Have you had any further thoughts or dreams?

@ donkey-oatey - I would say your interpretation is spot on - that is exactly what is going on in reality. The answers are always in your dreams but its figuring them out is the problem. Thanks for that. nothing else yet but will post!

Advertisement