Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Zero1986 wrote: »
    If I was to make it into a single album it would probably look like this
    Zero1986 how can you leave off the fuzzy loveliness of Love?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

the more i remember how good is this album the more i feel sorry for how SP are now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Malice wrote: »
    Zero1986 how can you leave off the fuzzy loveliness of Love?
    It's good enough I guess, just not one of the better songs on the album. The distortion effect on Billy's voice kind of puts me off a bit as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

It's good enough I guess, just not one of the better songs on the album. The distortion effect on Billy's voice kind of puts me off a bit as well.

I'd actually go as far as saying Love is one of the best songs on the album.

I'd always say that an album that can be so divisive with its listeners and tracklisting is a mark of quality. :)

Fair enough, personally it's precisely that fuzzy effect that makes the song appeal to me.
    I'd always say that an album that can be so divisive with its listeners and tracklisting is a mark of quality. :)
    Very true. Here's what I eventually came up with for a 14 track album. I was able to cut it down to 17 tracks quite quickly. The three tracks that didn't make the cut after that were "We Only Come Out at Night", "Jellybelly" and "By Starlight".
    1. "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"
    2. "Tonight, Tonight"
    4. "Zero"
    6. "Bullet with Butterfly Wings"
    9. "Love"
    11. "Galapogos"
    12. "Muzzle"
    13. "Porcelina of the Vast Oceans"
    1. "Where Boys Fear to Tread"
    2. "Bodies"
    6. "Tales of a Scorched Earth"
    7. "Thru the Eyes of Ruby"
    9. "X.Y.U."
    13. "By Starlight"
    14. "Farewell and Goodnight"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Fantastic album. It'd be in my top 10 albums of the 1990's and is also my favourite one by the Pumpkins.

It's also one of those rare double albums that don't have that much filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

Great band, pity they broke up... played this album to death when I got it.

googsy wrote: »
    pity they broke up...
    While they did break up for a few years, they have been back together since 2005. Admittedly Billy Corgan is the only one of the original line-up left.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Slightly off topic, bought the Siamese Dream remastered boxset over the weekend. Sounds fantastic, the whole packaging of the re-issue with the bonus cd, live DVD & booklet is amazing, deffo worth a purchase. Have to get the Gish re-issue also.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Mellon Collie is not clever, funny, just contrived sounding.

still sounds like a strain of weed but this album had a profound effect on the more grungey sect of our circle.. particularly one kooky young thing we took to calling björk. did the death of a sm fan in a crush in the point depot alter concerts forever for safety reasons? Talkin bout them poxy barriers preventing freedom of movement

• Advertisement
Advertisement