Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you close your boards account?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Now that we have the option to close our account so easily,will you be doing it?

Would you close? 142 votes

No,i love boards
    0%
    Yes,its getting worse everyday
    47%
    DeVoreThe SweeperSarnDSleepyKilOitBluefoamDravokivichmikemacWibbsmuppetkillersdanseoollaettaFey!Mars BarGLaDOSbluto63BlowfishRemmyThe guy 67 votes
    Maybe someday when i get bored
    13%
    PherekydesSeanFtoxicity234InkSlinger67foxyboxerVainAmiranicarlmango11Deedsieoppenheimer1LiamIRL82paddyandyWolflikemeStinickersaywhatyousee10green bottlesBEASTERLYflyaway.Yahew 19 votes
    I dont know
    33%
    D-GenerateMike 1972KnifeWRENCHup for anythingTristramlilmissprincessshockwavegeuroCaptain ChaosalphanineSavage TyrantKanoestupidusernameGavRedKing54krocHank_Jonespadd b1975Artur FodenWashington Irvingtonycascarino 47 votes
    Bacon
    6%
    orourkedaMr BenevolentTheZohanSTonyandthewhaleRichard teavampire of kilmainhamDamokcsplendid101mise_me_fein3 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'd rather go out banned in a blaze of glory than closed with a whimper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

What's the point? Will it remove your history of posting etc? Otherwise I don't see the advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Maybe someday when i get bored
    Now that we have the option to close our account so easily,will you be doing it?

OP, why put a ridiculous option like 'bacon' in the poll. The less mentally gifted on boards will click that instead of their actual opinion and therefore detract from the accuracy of the poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Destroying threads Tony Montana style, pity the mods would get you from behind with their shotgun..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

A conundrum for the attention-seeker:
    Be one of the first people to close your account but then be unable to get any further attention using the account.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ye wont get rid of me that easily im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    OP, why put a ridiculous option like 'bacon' in the poll. The less mentally gifted on boards will click that instead of their actual opinion and therefore detract from the accuracy of the poll.
    You just called a third of people on this stupid. Nice of you.
    It's an "I dont care/I've no opinion" option. It also skips having to press "see results" to see the results after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I dont know
    Kadongy wrote: »
    It's an "I dont care/I've no opinion" option. It also skips having to press "see results" to see the results after that.

Exactly,its an i dont care option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Exactly,its an i dont care option :)

It also shows that bacon is more important to a third if people than boards.

I dont know
    Cian A wrote: »
    It also shows that bacon is more important to a third if people than boards.

Thats because bacon is the most important thing in the world :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Nah, I'll always be either lurking or posting on boards, so there'll be no need for me to close my account. I've not been working on my post-count for nothing :pac:

Tbh, some of the goodbye threads that were around when some people were "quitting boards forever" were totally self-indulgent and were quite irritating. I mean, if you're gonna leave just leave. Don't make a song and dance about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Kadongy wrote: »

That's how I took bacon to be, I have no opinion about closing/keeping open my account

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I dont know
    Maybe some day down the line if i get bored, or if i get totally addicted to it and need to stop posting!
    But for the time being, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I dont know
    BEASTERLY wrote: »

Atari Jaguar?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I was banned from AH and managed to get a job and promotion in that time -

Unbanned from AH and I was then put on the night shift -

Edit: so my point is I'd rather be banned then have to close my account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Presidential candidates take note;

bacon confuses the electorate :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

"Its better to burn out than to fade away!"
    (Highlander 1986)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Would be nice if there was an option to close other people's accounts.

Course, like most mexican standoffs, we'd have wiped each other all out in a matter of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It would be better to keep it open and have the option of logging back on again if you wanted.
    If I was sure I was finished with it then yes I would close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Thats because bacon is the most important thing in the world :)

Try telling that to a Muslim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Which a/c should I consider closing ?
    The drunken one ?
    The political one ?
    The BLT one ?
    I'd have the one but I'm all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A blaze of glory implies that anybody would notice or care about any of us for more than a few seconds. Don't kid yourself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stop posting yea, but close and change my account name? I doubt it. I can see why some do. Some do get stick or even weirdo stalkers so I can see the reasoning there. Or if someone wanted to start afresh maybe? Feck it. I've made some boo boos over the years and added to the place at times too and I'd not delete that history.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

BACON, amirite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Anyone with a second account should close it over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

I suppose some day God will close your account.

I dont know
    Try telling that to a Muslim.

A what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I think ill close it now because the OP chose bacon instead of atari jaguar as the ****e option.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I suggest we all commit mass boards.ie account suicide. Just to piss off the admins and mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Bacon
    Why not post a thread in Feedback telling everyone that you're leaving, then change your mind and either re-reg or come crawling back? Like most people do.

Advertisement