Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos of Feats of Strength and Strength Sporting performances.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

I'm gonna have to go shoot myself now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

shizz wrote: »
    That is seriously depressing for me....

WHY?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Dunno how I missed this. SCL winner in Holland and China in the past few days........ legend.

Couple of vids up on my channel from the weekends (all) Ireland's strongest man. New national record set in the axle deadlift.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

squod wrote: »
    Dunno how I missed this. SCL winner in Holland and China in the past few days........ legend.

I know best presser of all time! You reckon he will turn up in Navan on Sunday? You get tickets for it? I know Laurence Shahlaei is out injured from China.Terry Hollands is reffing at Wales strongest man so thats him gone.

• Advertisement

I know best presser of all time! You reckon he will turn up in Navan on Sunday? You get tickets for it? I know Laurence Shahlaei is out injured from China.Terry Hollands is reffing at Wales strongest man so thats him gone.

Got ticket for it. Hope he does turn up. Not only a great presser. That lad holds something like 34 world records. Are you going to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Squatman

whats on in navan?/?:confused:

Squatman wrote: »
    whats on in navan?/?:confused:

Ah now...........

http://strongmanharlem.pl/aktualnosci/zawody-polska-europalipiec-2012-irlandia/#more-2221

Asked one of the local gyms to stick it up on their wall. They said they wanted it in English or they wouldn't post it. Jaysus. It's up in the one I go to says I.

Got ticket for it. Hope he does turn up. Not only a great presser. That lad holds something like 34 world records. Are you going to see it?

Heard Z is definately going to be there. Yep think I will have to head out :)

Ah now...........

http://strongmanharlem.pl/aktualnosci/zawody-polska-europalipiec-2012-irlandia/#more-2221

Asked one of the local gyms to stick it up on their wall. They said they wanted it in English or they wouldn't post it. Jaysus. It's up in the one I go to says I.

Many people going to this today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Many people going to this today?

Still cant get over seeing Big Z's Log Press :eek:

Still cant get over seeing Big Z's Log Press :eek:

Yep it was awesome 10 reps@140kg! Fair to play to him he hung around for ages at the end & let everyone get a photo with him. Even managed to get one meself. 11 Reps on a 300kg deadlift werent bad either. Will try & upload some photos & videos tomorrow. Really enjoyed this event even if the English translation could of been a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Yep it was awesome 10 reps@140kg! Fair to play to him he hung around for ages at the end & let everyone get a photo with him. Even managed to get one meself. 11 Reps on a 300kg deadlift werent bad either. Will try & upload some photos & videos tomorrow. Really enjoyed this event even if the English translation could of been a bit better.

Phurk!! It never occured to me getting a pic wouldve been possible, thought only Lithuanian flag waving pitch invaders got to do that.
    Id be mistaken for a pool cue standing beside him anyway.
    Yeah its a pity the english speaking MC dissappeared towards the end when it wouldve been nice to know where everyone was placed in the standings before the last event.
    Great day though-anyone else get sunburnt as hell or am I just an albino freak?!

Phurk!! It never occured to me getting a pic wouldve been possible, thought only Lithuanian flag waving pitch invaders got to do that.
    Id be mistaken for a pool cue standing beside him anyway.
    Yeah its a pity the english speaking MC dissappeared towards the end when it wouldve been nice to know where everyone was placed in the standings before the last event.
    Great day though-anyone else get sunburnt as hell or am I just an albino freak?!

Ye got burnt as well. Look like a fookin tomato today. Meant to say me & Squod got to talk Shalaei as well very nice bloke. I was suprised he didn't get pissed off even though that Polish commentator kept asking him to attempt the atlas stones. He had told them all day that his shoulder was injured & he wouldn't attempt any of the overhead lifts. He is trying to heal up in time for the WSM this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I take it the Polish Team lost then?

Dathai wrote: »
    I take it the Polish Team lost then?

They came second.

It was great to meet another boardsie, Turbo Diesel. Managed to talk at a few of the competitors there. Atmosphere was just amazing. Just a quick heads up * Met Keith Maher who reckons this event is going to be worth a watch too*.

*sorry Drifter for advertising stuff just thought I'd mention it before I forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

They came second out of two teams? ;)

They came second.

It was great to meet another boardsie, Turbo Diesel. Managed to talk at a few of the competitors there. Atmosphere was just amazing. Just a quick heads up * Met Keith Maher who reckons this event is going to be worth a watch too*.

*sorry Drifter for advertising stuff just thought I'd mention it before I forget.

Those two Polish moths weren't bad either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

They came second.

Anywhere i can get the name of all competitors?
    Tried to look trough the link you had there,but only team names,not persons.

• Advertisement

Anywhere i can get the name of all competitors?
    Tried to look trough the link you had there,but only team names,not persons.

The names are in the descriptions bit in that youtube vid. Still have some tidying up so not all vids list competitors. Hope to sort that later.

Žydrūnas Savickas,
    James Fennelly,
    Laurence Shahlaei,
    Ra­fał Wil­czyń­ski,
    Sła­wo­mir To­czek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Squatman

The names are in the descriptions bit in that youtube vid. Still have some tidying up so not all vids list competitors. Hope to sort that later.

Žydrūnas Savickas,
    James Fennelly,
    Laurence Shahlaei,
    Ra­fał Wil­czyń­ski,
    Sła­wo­mir To­czek

He meant for the forthcoming team event, it only gives the team names, not the individual names.

Where did fennelly place in this comp, i presume he'd be third?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Squatman wrote: »
    He meant for the forthcoming team event, it only gives the team names, not the individual names.

Where did fennelly place in this comp, i presume he'd be third?
    Some of the biggest names in the Strongman world like Ed Hall, Tarmo Mitt, Ervin Katona and the largest of them all, the Icelander Thor Bjornsson at 6ft 9ins and 440lbs, will be coming to Mullingar to compete for the title of Best 2-Man Team in the World 2012. The full line-up of competitors including the Irish pairing of Paul Roberts and Keith Maher, will provide a true spectacle of world class strongman talent that will be a “must see” opportunity.
    http://www.westmeathcoco.ie/en/news/name,12362,en.html

I dunno if you'd call this a comp. More a demo. Think Fennelly had some shoulder (or traps?) issue still from the Ireland's strongest man. Shahlaei was injured (shoulder ligaments) from China and big Z was in Finland at a comp Friday just gone.

They put on a show all the same. Fair play to them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Dead Ed wrote: »

Saw that video earlier, bloody nuts! The 215kg snatch looked easier than the 210kg :eek:

Looking forward to watching this when its eventually aired.

Giants Live comes to Poland on July 21st, 2012. The contest will be in Kartuzy, Nr. Gdansk in Poland. Twelve of the Worlds Strongest Men will be at this massive contest competing over six grueling events. The top three from this competition will be granted qualifying to the World's Strongest Man TV show in September.The line up includes: Misha Koklyaev - Russia, Krzystof Radzikowski - Poland, Janusz Kulaga - Poland, Mark Felix - England Darren Sadler - England, Louis Phillipe Jean - Canada, Seb Davidsson - Sweden, Seb Kurek - Poland, Jerry Pritchet - USA

Great line up should be interesting with Misha Koklyaev competing again after he didnt manage to make the Russian Olympic lifting team.

Louis Phillipe Jean, another lad I'd like to meet. Very under rated IMO. Probably will put on a decent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Dead Ed wrote: »

Jesus the size of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Jesus the size of him.

he's massive. He was 120 at the euros in 2011 and looked "small"

He's probably north of 140 now. He looked like a feckin boyband singer as a 105. He must've really dialled in the paleo and fish oil, brah.

Advertisement