Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2011 watch

Options
  • 23-10-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Have just seen what I would call the first proper Christmas ad for this Christmas (if you know what I mean!) Didn't know which thread to put it in so started a new one ;)

SO, I guess we can put in ones here that we love, signify the start of Christmas for you ( probably in November for me when I first see this ad, can you guess which one it is??? :pac:), or ones that just get right on our wick. So, when you first see an ad on TV post it here.

Let the fun begin...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I was about to put the same ad in here flutegirl! It's quite a nice ad although Caroline Morahan kinda annoys me a bit! :)

Theyll be cOming thick and fast after Nov 1st so will keep my eyes peeled!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I was about to put the same ad in here flutegirl! It's quite a nice ad although Caroline Morahan kinda annoys me a bit! :)

Theyll be cOming thick and fast after Nov 1st so will keep my eyes peeled!

It's a nice enough ad, but as soon as I see one particular ad Christmas defo starts!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭d.a.r.r.a.g.h

flutegirl wrote: »
    It's a nice enough ad, but as soon as I see one particular ad Christmas defo starts!! ;)

The Coca Cola ad, of course. I've seen a few ads around already, although I never count them as the first Christmas ads.. coke always is, no matter what :P

Air wick always advertises their Christmas ads fairly early, and I've seen B&Q advertising on channel 4 too to weeks ago. I thought it was rather strange, but I haven't seen the ad again since.

On another note, does anyone else miss the Vodafone ad where everyone is skating down Grafton Street to A Nightingale sang in Berkely Square? I loved it, and then they redubbed the ad with something ****e last year. I was heartbroken...

I shall be back later to link all my favourite ads :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

flutegirl wrote: »
    Oh my God, cannot wait until I see that ad!!! :D:D
    The coca cola ad and the Budweiser advert with the horses in the snow are my two favourites! :D
    On another note, does anyone else miss the Vodafone ad where everyone is skating down Grafton Street to A Nightingale sang in Berkely Square? I loved it, and then they redubbed the ad with something ****e last year. I was heartbroken...
    I LOVED that ad. So magical and Christmassy. I hate Grafton Street from November-January, with the chaos and mayhem and hundreds of shoppers, but after dark, when most places are shut and the lights are on and there's less people about, it's lovely. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I never watch TV anymore, so I'll be relying on this thread (and forum in general) to keep me christmassy feeling. It's funny just how much of the early "WOO Christmas is coming" hype comes from TV ads and stuff on TV in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Is this the vodafone one d.a.r.r.a.g.h?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

There's a Christmas ad for that weird Pandora jewellery (Sorry if I offended anyone, just not a fan of it :p)

It's not on youtube yet but will look out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

There's a Christmas ad for that weird Pandora jewellery (Sorry if I offended anyone, just not a fan of it :p)

It's not on youtube yet but will look out for it.

Yep, this was the second one I saw a couple of days ago and went looking for it on youtube, the search threw up all sorts of weird and wonderful, erm, things!!

Now, see, I have to wait until I see this on the telly for the first time, and then I feel all Christmassy and want to wear hats, gloves, scarves and mittens, all at once if I could!!, :pac:

• Advertisement

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Is this the vodafone one d.a.r.r.a.g.h?

Indeed it is. Thanks for finding it. I couldn't seem to find it last year, and it's just the bomb. :D You've made my day.

This is definitely near the top of my list of favourites:

Coca Cola are just the best at making ads

I haven't seen this one in several years though...

Indeed it is. Thanks for finding it. I couldn't seem to find it last year, and it's just the bomb. :D You've made my day.

This is definitely near the top of my list of favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnWplvu29U
    Coca Cola are just the best at making ads

I haven't seen this one in several years though...

I nearly cried the year they started showing this one in favour of the trucks, twas not the same, but it's a nice ad, but the trucks have to come a-rolling along every year for it to be Christmas proper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Saw a Christmas ad for Tesco tonight on C4

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Oohhh! I just watched the Cornflakes ad there and my heart skipped a beat, its finally sinking in that its Christmas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Boots ad on this evening . . . .here come the girls stuck in my head since. :mad:

Boots ad on this evening . . . .here come the girls stuck in my head since. :mad:

****est ad ever. I'd have thought they'd have changed that song by now..

****est ad ever. I'd have thought they'd have changed that song by now..

I LOVE the song! Even when I hear it in the summer, I always think of Christmas. :pac:

Saw the Merry Pringles ad this evening, can't find it on youtube :(

Similar, but not the same I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

They fecked around with the Boots song on this years ad though, sounds weird. Im not a fan of it or the ad this year either.

I saw the merry Pringles ad too flutegirl, it was good.

I think, finally, 'its beginning to look a lot like Christmas....!!!!':D:D

• Advertisement

They fecked around with the Boots song on this years ad though, sounds weird. Im not a fan of it or the ad this year either.

:eek: uh oh, haven't heard it so hope it's not too disappointing.

It sure is, all we need now is the c**p weather and, bingo, Christmas is on its way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

Christmas only starts once I see this Guinness ad. Best christmas ad ever. I get that spine tingling feeling at the end when the woman whispers happy christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWfdbYbDVzg

I don't think I saw this ad last year, and it made me sad :/

http://www.visit4ads.com/advert/McDonalds/13248

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Is the 2011 boots one on youtube anyone know? Havnt seen it yet :/

Btw, anyone else watching more tv than usual to try and spot Christmas ads? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw an ad for Waitrose on Food Network earlier. It made me feel very Christmassy.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Is the 2011 boots one on youtube anyone know? Havnt seen it yet :/

Btw, anyone else watching more tv than usual to try and spot Christmas ads? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Saw this yesterday, they've RUINED it!! :eek: :( But i'll still shop in there...
    I saw an ad for Waitrose on Food Network earlier. It made me feel very Christmassy.

Saw this as well, excellent Chrsitmas ad, it's almost here...

Too. Many. Christmas. Ads. To. Mention! They're are loads on the telly now. :D

Just seen the Buble, and I'm buying/dowloading the album this week when I get time. Hmmmmmm, he's delicious! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like the M&S ad with the X Factor contestants in it.

Advertisement