Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

barbarians wrote: »
    Should that not be 8 p.m. no ?

Folks, looks like i messed up somewhere and it wont let me set the draft earlier than 8.30 now. Apologies if this messes people up...

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Folks, looks like i messed up somewhere and it wont let me set the draft earlier than 8.30 now. Apologies if this messes people up...

Suits me fine, gives me time to go for a shower and eat now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

13th fml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

15th pick :eek:. well thats that then. i'll be like Brendo at liverpool, looking for some bargains to make up the numbers

2nd :(

Would prefer mid to late round picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

So is it 8-30? Cos I'm drafting right now?

persie11 wrote: »

are you sure?

are you sure?
    Pretty sure, logged in at 7-55, said draft on in 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

14th pick - think I was 15th last year - guess means no super star but 2 solid early picks instead.. could be worse

but yeah the draft is in a 5 minute countdown right now for anyone that doesn't know - 8.30 start time

can you check now, you should have about 2mins left on the clock before the draft begins.

you're showing as logged in and ready to go, 7th pick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

you must have a hell of a team, compared to the rest of us :D, ;)

are you sure?

I see what happened, when I logged in it said 'your league is drafting now". But it was for a different league, weird, but I'm all set to go now

I see what happened, when I logged in it said 'your league is drafting now". But it was for a different league, weird, but I'm all set to go now

it says that for the half hour building up to the draft.

and we're off!

foster first on autopick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FCUK FCUK FCUK FCUK FCUK.

draft done!

i dislike 16 team drafts...

FootballGuys Break Down of my team

That's a pretty cool site - wish I'd seen it before the draft but will keep an eye on it from now

219290.PNG

Happy enough.

Barbarians pretty much has a walkover in week 9 though :P

My team:

QB: Matt Ryan, John Skelton.

Happy out with Ryan, Skelton could be a dodgy backup.

RB: Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Rashad Jennings.

Rice is a stud, T.Rich has the potential to be but I'm worried about his knees. I'm concerned with the the lack of depth here, if Rice or Rich go down I only have Jennings as back up. Time to hit the wire me thinks.

WRs: Jordy Nelson, Steve Johnson, Michael Crabtree, Kendall Wright, Jon Baldwin.

Very happy here, Nelson is a beast and Johnson is a solid WR2 as long as he stays healthy. Crabtree, Wright and Baldwin are solid backups and I'll probably start whoever has the best match up week to week.

TE: Tony Gonzalez, Jermaine Gresham.

Gonzalez is a solid starter though he is pushing on now but Gresham is a more than adequate backup.

Defense: Buffalo Bills.

Have the potential to be a pretty mean defense this year.

Kicker: Nate Kaeding.

Meh, should do the job.

Happy enough with that team overall though depth at RB is an issue.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/team.php?team=e3tax959i243

That's my team rated by that website, they seem fairly surely I'll make the playoffs :P That's a great tool though, thanks whoever posted that.

QB: Alex Smith, Andrew Luck, Tim Tebow

Luck will probably be my starter for most of the season but happy with Smith as backup and for switching in and out - Tebow was more for the laugh with my second last pick and if he does get the starters role at the Jets at any stage was a complete steal compared to picking another RB/WR when in all honesty I hadn't a clue whether any of them would get any sort of half decent game time.

RB: Matt Forte, Fred Jackson, Donald Brown

Strongest part of my team - after last year I learned you need good RBs so got Forte and Jackson in my first two picks. Picked up Brown a good bit later who will hopefully be the main guy in the Colts defense and will be good enough to cover the bye weeks. Just hopfully will have no injuries. I know Jackson will be splitting some carries CJ Spiller but at the time was the best RB in my eyes and with my next pick almost 30 picks away wasn't going to wait and see what other RB's were left.

WR: Marques Colston, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Randall Cobb, Mario Manningham

ehhh - ok.. nothing spectacular but having spent my first 2 picks on RBs by the time pick 45-50 or so came round a lot of the big name receivers were gone so it was as good as I could have asked for

TE: Antonio Gates, Owen Daniels

Picked up Gates early as I think he's gonna have a big season this year - will see but like having a good TE as not every team will have a strong TE in their team so could be crucial in a tight game week. Owen Daniels is solid as a backup. Had a good season last year up until Schuab got injured so hopefully will be able to keep it up this year.

PK: Alex Henery

As a Philly fan I know how ****e we are come the red zone so at least when we get stopped I can be happy that at least Henery got me some fantasy points

TD: Philadelphia Eagles

Philly have what looks like a strong defense so when the auto pickers left them on board I was more than happy to pick them up. They have the players so no reason why they can't be a very solid option as a Defensive team. Will probably swap in depending on matchups though throughout the season if needs be

Overall a solid team I think - much more balanced than my team from last year so hoping for a good solid season.
    On a secondary note - my team has the highest points projection for Game Week 1 \o/ - least that in theory means I did a good draft :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Hey guys! I messed up the dates for the Draft and thought it was tonight. I didn't even arrange my draft order as I was going to do that now. My team is extremely ordinary but Il make the effort and see how I get on.

I'm an idiot I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

QB - Matt Schaub
    RB - Michael Turner
    RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
    WR - Eric Decker
    WR - Robert Meachem
    WR - Malcom Floyd
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    K - Jason Hanson
    D - Giants

BE - Ben Tate
    BE - Roy Helu
    BE - Andre Roberts
    BE - Jerome Simpson
    BE - Kevin Walter

no backup QB so I may end up having to be very active in trading if anything happens to Schaub. Relatively happy at my depth in RB and WR so might be able to use one of them to bring in a backup QB.

Peyton Manning is on the block by the way.

Trade accepted with McG. Manning for Roy Helu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

hey guys is their any way to block a trade or has that been disabled, i dont think helu for peyton is a fair trade.

I think it's a fair deal when you look at my team. No way anybody gives me full value for Peyton.

and I obviously don't think it's that bad a trade anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i just dont see it as fair deal a qb going in top 50 picks for a rb just outside top 150 picks, not fair deal. id probably offer better.

There's more to it than that though. Plus the main point of a veto is to stop collusion. Vetoing it just because you think it's a bad deal is kinda wrong imo. Not all trades are going to be equal.

Masked Man wrote: »
    There's more to it than that though. Plus the main point of a veto is to stop collusion. Vetoing it just because you think it's a bad deal is kinda wrong imo. Not all trades are going to be equal.

Not all trades are going to be equal but that's a pretty ridiculous trade to be fair.

Manning is a QB1 and if he returns to old form could be a top 5 QB.

Helu is a RB3 at best and the Redskins have a crowded backfield as well as RG3s scrambling ability which means Helu will (more than likely) post very low, inconsistent numbers.

I vetoed the trade anyway.

• Advertisement

Your underrating Helu.

And it's a trade that both parties are happy with and where there's no collusion. Vetoing is ****ing stupid iyam.

Advertisement