Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of the Line for Luxury Presidential Rail Travel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

i made this meyowwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Rud wrote: »
    As far as i know 134,the loco left in Inchicore,isn't owned by the RPSI

This is about the only online source I could find but the RPSI does own 134. (link)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

This is about the only online source I could find but the RPSI does own 134. (link)

Well according to the ITG website it is "pending possible preservation" but i have no idea when that was updated last and according to Wikipedia it says that the RPSI have it earmarked for preservation so more than likely you are totally right.Hopefully the RPSI do own it and will look after it well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

A service carriage is good enough for Queen Elizabeth II, so should be good enough for one of the seven dwarves up for the Aras this time:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/dec/17/queen-train-travel-sandringham

And yes, I know there is a Royal Train :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ah yes I can just see here drinking her cappochino off the trolley and chewing an inedible danish, whilst beer cans rolled out from under the seats and junkies shot up down the far end of the coach....that guy next to her could be a flasher, what do you think?

I think it would be a great caption competion...mine "feck, forgot me teeth"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Rud wrote: »
    Well according to the ITG website it is "pending possible preservation" but i have no idea when that was updated last and according to Wikipedia it says that the RPSI have it earmarked for preservation so more than likely you are totally right.Hopefully the RPSI do own it and will look after it well!

Thought this might be of interest to you.
    Bulletin (1104) - 25th December 2010

DIESEL UPDATE

In the lead up to Christmas and the New Year you might find it useful to have an
    update on the RPSI diesel project.

As you know from previously we have been trying to encourage everyone over the
    last few months who agreed to support the project to make a donation. We are
    pleased that the vast majority of you who agreed to help support the project
    have kindly made a donation to the fund. For those of you who haven't been able
    to do so yet, we will continue to encourage you to make a donation when
    circumstances allow. We have now raised roughly half the funds needed to
    successful give the RPSI a working mainline diesel fleet.

With the help of Irish Rail's Heritage Officer Gregg Ryan and CME Peter Smyth
    175 has been identified as the most suitable of the remaining 141s to join the
    RPSI diesel fleet. 175 is currently used by Irish Rail as a works pilot in
    Inchicore. It is hoped that 175 with 134 will be shortly transferred to RPSI
    ownership. In addition we have been in discussion with Irish Rail in identifying
    suitable spares for the fleet. Following an inspection of the stores by Mark
    Healy and Gerry Conmy we have now secured a large quantity of suitable spares
    which will help keep the diesel fleet operational.

Mark Healy has also been in discussion about implementing a works programme on
    the Inchicore based fleet. This will include an induction for RPSI Diesel
    department volunteers. Looking forward to the New Year, we hope to have in place
    a programme of work which will allow 134 to be re-started and re-certified for
    main line operations as well as ensuring that B141 and 175 remain in operational
    condition and available to work RPSI trains. B142 continues to be based in
    Whitehead and used for shunting trains.

To donate to the project, please send a cheque, made payable to "The RPSI" to:

RPSI Diesel Project
    16 Alderbrook Heath
    Ashbourne
    Co. Meath

175 too? Sweet! :)

Advertisement