Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

hi, all im currently looking for a smallholding to rent do you guys have any ideas were is best to search for one. ive tried greenshifters and villageways plus many others. I would'nt mind moving abroad for the sunshine.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

What area of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

im in county meath

darrcow wrote: »
    hi, all im currently looking for a smallholding to rent do you guys have any ideas were is best to search for one. ive tried greenshifters and villageways plus many others. I would'nt mind moving abroad for the sunshine.

thanks in advance

im sill looking:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Would an allotment be more what you are looking for.
    Check out here for Meath.

http://www.bigtreeallotments.ie/about.html

http://www.allotments.ie/?p=579

an allotment would be to small. currently i rent a field away from my house which i have 3 hen runs with approx 40 hens an area for 2 pigs. 1 area approx 3/4 acre for growing vegetables, 1 large strawberry bed and 1 large polytunnel. this year i intended to increase the berries i grow and ad a cut flower bed. this sustains my family all year round and any excess is sold to a local supermarket and on the farmers market. i forgot to mention i have approx 20 turkeys each xmas.

thanks for the idea anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement