Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspirational Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Gurkha singlehandedly defends woman from gang rape
    The band of about 40 robbers, some of whom were travelling as passengers, stopped the train in the Chittaranjan jungles in West Bengal around midnight. Shrestha– who had boarded the train at Ranchi in Jharkhand, the place of his posting–was in seat no. 47 in coach AC3.

“They started snatching jewelry, cell phones, cash, laptops and other belongings from the passengers,” Shrestha recalled. The soldier had somehow remained a silent spectator amidst the melee, but not for long. He had had enough when the robbers stripped an 18-year-old girl sitting next to him and tried to rape her right in front of her parents. He then took out his khukuri and took on the robbers.

“The girl cried for help, saying ´You are a soldier, please save a sister´,” Shrestha recalled. “I prevented her from being raped, thinking of her as my own sister,” he added. He took one of the robbers under control and then started to attack the others. He said the rest of the robbers fled after he killed three of them with his khukuri and injured eight others…“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being,” said the Indian army nayak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Is this what you mean by Inspirational?
    friends_4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

What if money was no object? How would you really enjoy spending your life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

justification-for-higher-education.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't think Denis Leary intended this NSFW rant to be inspirational, but it is, somehow:

(and no, this one owes nothing to Bill Hicks)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

F@ces wrote: »

Seeing as that vid is now blocked, I'll post another version. Charlie Chaplin's speech from the end of The Great Dictator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

qz wrote: »
    justification-for-higher-education.jpg

Huh, you go to uni and you'll get that?

I'd say there are as many people in the US who didn't go for higher education, than those who did and have that level of wealth.

Sports stars/ movie stars / musicians / entrepreneurs / company founders etc.etc.etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

32120132300160.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement