Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Real Holocaust: Dresden -- 13 February 1945

Options
  • 19-10-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

http://globalfire.tv/nj/08en/history/dresden.htm

How approximately 500,000 Germans were exterminated in one night
    The Germans would have to be angels and saints to forget and forgive all the injustices, atrocities and cruelties which they have suffered, twice in a generation, without any provocation, from the allies. Just imagine what would we, as Americans, do if we had been treated as we treated the Germans, our cruelty would have no limits in revenging our suffering! Reverend Ludwig A. Fritsch, Ph. D., D. D. emer., Chicago, 1948 [more]
    Very very sad....

I AM JUST SO SICK OF ALL THIS EVIL AND THE HUMAN ANIMAL RACE IN GENERAL..... NO OTHER LIFEFORM DOES THIS AND ITS JUST SICK..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Dude111 wrote: »
    http://globalfire.tv/nj/08en/history/dresden.htm

How approximately 500,000 Germans were exterminated in one night

Very very sad....

I AM JUST SO SICK OF ALL THIS EVIL AND THE HUMAN ANIMAL RACE IN GENERAL..... NO OTHER LIFEFORM DOES THIS AND ITS JUST SICK..

Very sad indeed but what's the 'without any provocation' nonsense about? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

OK so it was nowhere near half a million people. Probably closer to 50,000 and some say even that is an overestimate.

And maybe there was a little provocation, what with there being a war and all.

So that makes it all OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

The Poles started it

:rolleyes:

Yes, that's a great little Nazi website to be sure - really impartial, unbiased, historically accurate......words fail me. What was the OP on? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Yes, that's a great little Nazi website to be sure - really impartial, unbiased, historically accurate......words fail me. What was the OP on? :confused:

I am curious as to what he means by ' A Real Holocaust'. Are other holocausts not as real as this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

reprazant wrote: »
    I am curious as to what he means by ' A Real Holocaust'. Are other holocausts not as real as this one?

I think the writer is using the Spanish word Real, so this was a Royal Holocaust , otherwise he would be insinuating that the Holocaust never happened

Nobody could be that stupid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Was it not 25,000 that died in the bombing of Dresden? A shameful event no doubt all the time and why I can't take an lectures from the Brits about terrorism and the killing of innocents:rolleyes:

Was it not 25,000 that died in the bombing of Dresden? A shameful event no doubt all the time and why I can't take an lectures from the Brits about terrorism and the killing of innocents:rolleyes:

I don't know about shameful given that it was total war and what would have happened to Britain - not to mention neutral Ireland - if Hitler had developed the A bomb first. The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I think the writer is using the Spanish word Real, so this was a Royal Holocaust , otherwise he would be insinuating that the Holocaust never happened

Nobody could be that stupid

Given that the site he links to contains a section called "Holocaust Industry" and "Is Lucifer the god of Judaism" - he could very well be insinuating that the Holocaust never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

just another attempt at brit bashing,notice no mention of the 600,000 people who died from the german blitz of the UK ,or even the hiroshima and nagasaki bombings of japan when between 600,000 and 700,000 killed or missing plus 140,000 were injured, both japan and germany were the first to use bombing

• Advertisement

getz wrote: »
    just another attempt at brit bashing,notice no mention of the 600,000 people who died from the german blitz of the UK ,or even the hiroshima and nagasaki bombings of japan when between 600,000 and 700,000 killed or missing plus 140,000 were injured, both japan and germany were the first to use bombing

All shameful events, there's never any excuse for bombing a residential area and murdering innocent people as they sleep. None.

I don't know about shameful given that it was total war and what would have happened to Britain - not to mention neutral Ireland - if Hitler had developed the A bomb first. The mind boggles.

No defence for murdering 25,000 innocent people as they sleep. You lose the high moral ground a bit when you go down that road.

The mind boggles? So it was okay to do it because the biggest p*ick in history would have done it so it's okay you do it.:rolleyes:

Oh dear, if that's you rational the mind boggles indeed.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

All shameful events, there's never any excuse for bombing a residential area and murdering innocent people as they sleep. None.
    war has no morals its a kill to survive,its very easy for you to look at it as history but for me [i am over 70 ] i can remember living in manchester having to carry a gas mask everyware with me, also my nights in air raid shelters ,the sireens and the loud bangs as the bombs went off,as well as the attempt by the luftwaffe dropping incendiary devices,whole blocks of my street in flame or destroyed ,when that kind of thing happens to you,morals will meen nothing

getz wrote: »
    war has no morals its a kill to survive,its very easy for you to look at it as history but for me [i am over 70 ] i can remember living in manchester having to carry a gas mask everyware with me, also my nights in air raid shelters ,the sireens and the loud bangs as the bombs went off,as well as the attempt by the luftwaffe dropping incendiary devices,whole blocks of my street in flame or destroyed ,when that kind of thing happens to you,morals will meen nothing

I respect where you're coming from but if you have no problem with the carpet bombing of others when you know how it felt to even have the threat of it yourself then that's wrong and a strange set of morals you have.

The bombing of Dresden is particularly troublesome as it happened so late in the war - it is difficult to see how it could have had any major impact on the way the war went. It's one of these things that can be difficult to discuss though, particularly since neo-Nazi elements such as the NPD in Germany use it as a rallying cry. Ultimately,once the war started,events took their own course and the primary responsibility lies with those who initiated the war.However, Dresden was tragic imho and probably shouldn't have gone ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    The bombing of Dresden is particularly troublesome as it happened so late in the war - it is difficult to see how it could have had any major impact on the way the war went. It's one of these things that can be difficult to discuss though, particularly since neo-Nazi elements such as the NPD in Germany use it as a rallying cry. Ultimately,once the war started,events took their own course and the primary responsibility lies with those who initiated the war.However, Dresden was tragic imho and probably shouldn't have gone ahead.

The Russians wanted it to take place, so that the Nazis would spread their resources, and give the Soviet forces an easier time as they headed for Berlin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68915647&postcount=16

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Benny_Cake wrote: »

I think it was so late in the war and with the increasing effectiveness and numerical raids going ahead it was consigned to the cities that were bombed, little fuss about it until after the war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think it was so late in the war and with the increasing effectiveness and numerical raids going ahead it was consigned to the cities that were bombed, little fuss about it until after the war.

It did prompt Churchill to write to Harris and call a stop to area bombing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

It did prompt Churchill to write to Harris and call a stop to area bombing though.

Oh good old Churchill - always the humanitarian.

MarchDub wrote: »
    Oh good old Churchill - always the humanitarian.

No, a politician who realised that public opinion was against the manner of the raid.

• Advertisement

No, a politician who realised that public opinion was against the manner of the raid.

I didn't doubt it for a moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Nhead

Jaysus ladies and gents how did a holocaust thread turn to Brit bashing??I know some people disagree with Britain but really..

Nhead wrote: »
    Jaysus ladies and gents how did a holocaust thread turn to Brit bashing??I know some people disagree with Britain but really..

Because it was all down to the Brits, a completely unprovoked raid carried out solely by the RAF. The US 8th air force and the fact there was a war on had nothing to do with it.

Because it was all down to the Brits, a completely unprovoked raid carried out solely by the RAF. The US 8th air force and the fact there was a war on had nothing to do with it.

So carpet bombing of civilians as they sleep is okay in a war? You can justify that can you?

So carpet bombing of civilians as they sleep is okay in a war? You can justify that can you?

I think he means that the focus here seems to be entirely on the RAF. The USAF also took part in the raid on Dresden and plenty of other countries carried out carpet bombing - in WW2 it began with the Luftwaffe raid on Rotterdam.

But surely the real problem with the OP is the fact the person is defining Dresden as a 'real' holocaust suggesting the actual holocaust was false or didn't happen? And from an historical perspective the USAAF was also involved in the bombing so why are people just highlighting Britain's role??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

But surely the real problem with the OP is the fact the person is defining Dresden as a 'real' holocaust suggesting the actual holocaust was false or didn't happen? And from an historical perspective the USAAF was also involved in the bombing so why are people just highlighting Britain's role??

Because that's what you do on Boards, it usually gets you loads of thanks, though it doesn't seem to be happening quite so quickly here - OP you should have done your bit of hand wringing angst in AH to get the response you are looking for.

Fair point, but anything I've read has been re Britain and I live there and their own press don't mention US involvement so maybe they're just anti-British also.....

I understand about the term 'real' holocaust, while I'm sure he's not denying the holocaust, it could be taken that way. Perhaps he could clarify.
    I think he means that the focus here seems to be entirely on the RAF. The USAF also took part in the raid on Dresden and plenty of other countries carried out carpet bombing - in WW2 it began with the Luftwaffe raid on Rotterdam.

As I've said on American forums re their A bomb attacks, they are all wrong.

So funny to see people lecture about Irish people who fought for freedom in Ireland get blackened when civilians die (example Kevin Myers about the 14 year old shot dead for trying to raise the alarm about the Rising), yet people will gloss over the carpet bombing of tens of thousands of civilians and just say "ah sure, it was a war like":rolleyes:

Fair point, but anything I've read has been re Britain and I live there and their own press don't mention US involvement so maybe they're just anti-British also.....

I understand about the term 'real' holocaust, while I'm sure he's not denying the holocaust, it could be taken that way. Perhaps he could clarify.

As I've said on American forums re their A bomb attacks, they are all wrong.

So funny to see people lecture about Irish people who fought for freedom in Ireland get blackened when civilians die (example Kevin Myers about the 14 year old shot dead for trying to raise the alarm about the Rising), yet people will gloss over the carpet bombing of tens of thousands of civilians and just say "ah sure, it was a war like":rolleyes:

Ah sure ya know Kev, he loves the controversy.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Because that's what you do on Boards, it usually gets you loads of thanks, though it doesn't seem to be happening quite so quickly here - OP you should have done your bit of hand wringing angst in AH to get the response you are looking for.

This is out of line IMO - how much time do you spend contributing to the H & H forum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement