Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Question

• 18-10-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I am Ordering goods from norway and they are being delivered via a container from Norway. I am wondering what route does this take what port do they sail from in norway etc etc?. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

A wise man in a pub once said "isn't Norway a funny shape."

It touches Russia in the North and has many cities on the coast. Bergen, Tromso, Trondheim, Stavanger; likely to have ports. Have you any idea where in norway the thing being shipped is originating?

If it's from Bergen or Stavanger or nearer Oslo, I'd say the ship'll come down the North sea, through the channel to Waterford or Dublin, but that' spure speculation on my behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It touches Russia in the North and has many cities on the coast. Bergen, Tromso, Trondheim, Stavanger; likely to have ports. Have you any idea where in norway the thing being shipped is originating?

If it's from Bergen or Stavanger or nearer Oslo, I'd say the ship'll come down the North sea, through the channel to Waterford or Dublin, but that' spure speculation on my behalf

Without alot more information speculation is all you will get. It is possible it won't come direct either. If it is transported Lo-Lo I wouldn't be surprised if it went via one of the big European container ports such as Rotterdam or Felixtowe. Less likely perhaps is that it would be transported Ro-Ro landbridge across the UK.

Contacting the shipper would be the only way to find out for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

blame Slartibartfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Lys line do containers from norway to drogheda port direct

• Advertisement
Advertisement