Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does my recurring dream mean?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

i have a recurring dream sometimes. ive had it a few times now which is why i'm wondering what it means. it's a really weird bad dream. in it, theres a man trying to kill me with a knife. its not very vivid but in the dream i try to defend myself. i try to get rid of him (its only a dream im not a psycho) but i stab him to try get him away from me but he doesn't ever die. it would never happen in real life but its just weird like he wont go away. what does that mean?
    should i be scared or worried? like im so different in the dream cos i wud never in real life be even able to stab someone no matter what the circumstances but it's just weird that i had this dream more than once. if it was a once off i wouldn't care.
    im not violent in the dream it's just this person is all around me and he wont leave me alone. he tries to kill me in the dream so im just simply trying to get rid of him and it feels really frustrating. i can't relate it to my real life??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

cliona8969 wrote: »
    i have a recurring dream sometimes. ive had it a few times now which is why i'm wondering what it means. it's a really weird bad dream. in it, theres a man trying to kill me with a knife. its not very vivid but in the dream i try to defend myself. i try to get rid of him (its only a dream im not a psycho) but i stab him to try get him away from me but he doesn't ever die. it would never happen in real life but its just weird like he wont go away. what does that mean?
    should i be scared or worried? like im so different in the dream cos i wud never in real life be even able to stab someone no matter what the circumstances but it's just weird that i had this dream more than once. if it was a once off i wouldn't care.
    im not violent in the dream it's just this person is all around me and he wont leave me alone. he tries to kill me in the dream so im just simply trying to get rid of him and it feels really frustrating. i can't relate it to my real life??

Maybe the dream is not about stabbing... Usually dreams are the minds subconscious trying to work stuff out from your conscious thought, that possibly could be bothering you...

As regards being stressed, scared or worried, not at all... Unless there is a situation going on that you are aware of.

If I were to have a go at it, try this...

Are you seeing someone at the minute? do you feel insecure? are you bothered about anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 simira

before sleeping dont think of that dream... read any good books and then go to sleep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GregoryD

i've read a lot of things about recurring dreams but I am left confused on the subject

some places they say its the sub-conscious trying to communicate something to you

other places say you have some emotional issue that you need to resolve and until that happens you keep "dreaming" about it

other places say you have selective memory and you only remember certain things, but you dream about a lot more than that which you dont remember

yet other places say dreaming is just the mind rearranging the experiences of the day

so many theories, i don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lablanc

The only way to stop this dream is not to worry about it, its your worrying that make the character in the dream stronger than you. When you know and feel stronger than him he will be beatable, beat him once and it will finish. Remember its you doing it to yourself.......so stop doing it.

Advertisement