Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katiec123

johnnykilo wrote: »
    That Gimi Chocolate one is a scam anyway. It's been on here a few times before, it's impossible to order anything from their site and if you google "Gimi chocolate scam" you'll see it's just a site to collect email addresses from people.
    Just requested a free sample and then saw this.. :confused: what should i do :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Use these codes at checkout

ALDIFREE11 when ordering Photo Books, Greeting Cards or Prints
    ALDIFREE22 when ordering Calendars, Canvases or Posters
    ALDIFREE33 when ordering Photo Gifts

T&C

**This offer entitles customers to free delivery when ordering any products on the ALDI Photo Service website. The voucher code: ALDIFREE11 must be entered when ordering Photo Books, Greeting Cards, Prints, ALDIFREE22 must be entered when ordering Calendars, Canvases, Posters and ALDIFREE33 must be entered when ordering Photo Gifts. The voucher code must be entered during the checkout process to receive the free delivery. Discounts cannot be given after an order has been placed. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Only one usage per customer. Orders must be placed between 26th November - 4th December 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

katiec123 wrote: »
    Just requested a free sample and then saw this.. :confused: what should i do :confused:

Next time use a free email from https://www.guerrillamail.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Free Soft Drinks for Designated Drivers http://www.irishdeal.ie/freebies

So would you need to show a driver's license or what? Wonder could I just walk in and get myself 3 free cokes?

Hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Neeson wrote: »
    So would you need to show a driver's license or what? Wonder could I just walk in and get myself 3 free cokes?

Hardly.

Perhaps they're relying on people's honesty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The designated driver thing has been around for fecking yonks! (I assume that's what you are talking about).

They don't just GIVE you three free cokes, you can get one at a time over the course of the night.

Now, if you are feeling really thirsty, then I imagine you could walk in, sit at the bar and ordered 3 free cokes, one after the other and then enjoy your (sober) drive home.

Though, they would probably tell you to feck off..
    Terms & Conditions
    The decision as to whether an individual qualifies as a Designated Driver is at the discretion of the bar manager/owner in the participating venue.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. Instead of shunning the "dessies" with over priced pub drinks, they encourage them with freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Did anyone get any freebies this week? The reason I'm asking is that I had a "could not deliver as you were out" type form in my letterbox this evening. I'm not expecting any parcels from either online orders or from family/ friends so I'm at a loss as to what this is, other than a freebie from this thread! I signed upm for several so I can't remember what half of them are for! Collecting it from the depot will mean taking a day off work, so I'm wondering if it's worth it!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

I have two free tickets to a special screening of Pitch Perfect in Omniplex Cinema, Crescent Shopping Centre, Dooradoyle Rd, Dooradoyle, Co. Limerick next Tuesday, 4th December at 18:00 that I got and wont be using so the first Boardsie to PM me can have them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

lisij wrote: »
    Hello thought ill share this with you people

Flashlight for 1cnt free delivery worldwide
    you have to like first, then enter your Facebook login email in order to proceed to check out

heres the link:
    https://www.fasttech.com/fasttech-giveaway?utm_source=ZohoCampaign&utm_campaign=Initial%20Reach%20Batch%202_2012-11-13_1&utm_medium=email

Seems to be a scam... they updated their facebook page with weird info saying they didnt actually send them or something? Did anyone actually recieve the torch?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

deegs wrote: »
    Seems to be a scam... they updated their facebook page with weird info saying they didnt actually send them or something? Did anyone actually recieve the torch?
    Look back a few posts - someone put up pics of the torch they received :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

muffler wrote: »
    Look back a few posts - someone put up pics of the torch they received :)

It seems I missed that post :p

Anyway, mine appeared to have been shipped 2 weeks ago but nothing yet!

Seems there was a problem with their server yesterday, and they closed down the deal. Very few people have recieved anything. I told them I didnt recieve mine and they just refunded me my cent... odd.

Hope I get it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lisij

deegs wrote: »
    It seems I missed that post :p

Anyway, mine appeared to have been shipped 2 weeks ago but nothing yet!

Seems there was a problem with their server yesterday, and they closed down the deal. Very few people have recieved anything. I told them I didnt recieve mine and they just refunded me my cent... odd.

Hope I get it anyway :)
    it wasnt a scam, i received two of them, they also said they had a huge amount of request of these flashlight, and their server went down, causing a lot of orders to vanish or something, anyways they said they will refund some people and some will still receive their flashlights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Free 2013 Calendars http://******

Hmm, almost every post you make is directed to irishdeal.ie
    Coincidence or...

Anyway, to by-pass the "Irish Deals" site, here is the direct link for those who are interested.

Jack Daniels Calendar

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Got a message from a friend working in o2 Ireland. This messages applies to pre-pay o2 Ireland Customers Only. To get €20 worth of Credit, simply text xmas to 50202. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Sully that's 50202 for the number to text. Also its subject to approval.

Wife just tried it. Will be interesting to see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

yeah got told this by o2 the other day, was told to top up before the 15th and i had already topped up so i though feck that but i'll txt anyway, got my response saying it would be in my account within 72 hours......................still waiting, that was on thursday :(

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Did anyone get any freebies this week? The reason I'm asking is that I had a "could not deliver as you were out" type form in my letterbox this evening. I'm not expecting any parcels from either online orders or from family/ friends so I'm at a loss as to what this is, other than a freebie from this thread! I signed upm for several so I can't remember what half of them are for! Collecting it from the depot will mean taking a day off work, so I'm wondering if it's worth it!
    Thanks!

Is it from a recognised delivery service??? If not it could be that parcel scam that gets you to call some number and you end up getting charged a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 citybhoy

greenybaby wrote: »
    Is it from a recognised delivery service??? If not it could be that parcel scam that gets you to call some number and you end up getting charged a fortune!

Was just gonna post this warning. I know my area was hit recently with this parcel scam but luckily I've heard of no-one falling for it as community workers posted warning flyers. Be careful

Miike wrote: »
    Sully that's 50202 for the number to text. Also its subject to approval.

It mentions nowhere that it's subject to approval - exact text - Thanks for your text. EUR20 will be added to your phone within 72 hours.We will send you a text to let you know when it's there. From O2

Still waiting :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

It mentions nowhere that it's subject to approval - exact text - Thanks for your text. EUR20 will be added to your phone within 72 hours.We will send you a text to let you know when it's there. From O2

Still waiting :mad:

If you go their website you'll see that it's subject to pre-approval.

I'm with Meteor (085) and I still get the same text that you do. IF you've heard from them by phone/text/post - You've been approved to avail of this however, if you have not been contacted by 02 about this, you're not getting a pay out :p

Miike wrote: »
    If you go their website you'll see that it's subject to pre-approval.

I'm with Meteor (085) and I still get the same text that you do. IF you've heard from them by phone/text/post - You've been approved to avail of this however, if you have not been contacted by 02 about this, you're not getting a pay out :p

As I said in my first post O2 told me this the other day, but seeing as I had already topped up a couple of days beforehand I just txt it anyway cos god knows what date it started on, actually must txt a friend that works there and suss it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

No it was a proper an post form, also I met the postman yesterday and he asked me if I managed to pick up the package, but I didn't get to the depot in time, so it's gone back to sender.

On a happy note, postie told me he'll leave a package at the local shop or pub in future if there's no-one home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Thanks!

I got that too from Fastway. Wasn't expecting anything and at an address I wouldn't give as no-one is there during the day.

yup o2 free credit is a sham, 1000 customers got a txt about it but it went viral and they have been bombarded with txts, basically if you didnt get the txt you aint getting the free credit, which in my opinion is sh1t as the girl clearly said on the phone it was available upon topping up by 20

false info on o2's behalf - bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

No it was a proper an post form, also I met the postman yesterday and he asked me if I managed to pick up the package, but I didn't get to the depot in time, so it's gone back to sender.

On a happy note, postie told me he'll leave a package at the local shop or pub in future if there's no-one home.

think its held in depot for 5 days before its sent back to sender

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

yup o2 free credit is a sham, 1000 customers got a txt about it but it went viral and they have been bombarded with txts, basically if you didnt get the txt you aint getting the free credit, which in my opinion is sh1t as the girl clearly said on the phone it was available upon topping up by 20

false info on o2's behalf - bad form

Yeah just heard about the offer so googled and got this result
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Announcements/Text-XMAS-to-50202-Offer/m-p/582922
    Hi all,

Just to advise you'll need to have been contacted by O2 through post, text or email in relation to the XMAS offer to avail of it.

It won't apply if someone else forwarded you the message, regardless of the text received in reply to advise of it applying within 72 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭eor123

the o2 credit only works for o2 customers! Im with Meteor and tried my luck over the weekend, but got a text today saying Im not getting it..

"Oops! As you're not an O2 customer you can't avail of our XMAS offer. From O2" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I thought I'd chance my arm on that free credit aswell. Never got the original text
    Recieved this from them this morning, like I'msure a lot of others have:
    Hi, We'd like to give you 20EUR off prepay phones as you weren't eligible for the XMAS offer. Quote SANTA in an 02 store.Ends Dec 24th.T+Cat o2.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement