Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming of teeth falling out

Options
  • 17-10-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Hey, haven't posted here before.

Had a very odd dream last night, made weirder by the fact I remember so much of it. I often dream but wouldn't necessarily remember things so vividly the next day, or sometimes theyre just silly ridiculous things that I forget about easily.

I dreamt that 3 teeth fell out of my mouth - specifically one from the bottom and two from the top. They were just loose, I touched them and they dropped out into the palm of my hand! They had huge roots and were really bloody and decayed. In the dream I was mildly annoyed, but vowed to just keep the teeth safe and go to dentist the next day :pac:. No stressing or anything!

In real life I recently got braces off and am making a huge effort to keep my teeth perfect! I've gone through a huge period of stress, worry and anxiety lately and really it's only in the last week/few days that I feel I'm back in control of my life and that I can be happy again. I also had a great night's sleep in general and woke feeling better than I have for a while. The dream annoyed me enough to read up on interpretations, as I'd remembered reading about teeth dreams before. It seems to be associated with change, also feeling unable to communicate properly or be assertive, both things I struggle with.

I guess I'm posting to see if this is a common thing to dream about and if there is any wisdom in the interpretation really

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Yeah I get that dream a lot actually, I've even started to remember it while I'm dreaming. For example, the last time it happened I dreamed that my teeth were all shattering and falling out in pieces into my hands, I could feel the bits in my mouth. I thought 'this isn't a dream this time, it's really happening'!

Kinda unsettling once you wake up from something like that.

As for the interpretations, I read that it had something to do with loss but that didn't make much sense for me. The interpretations you mentioned are more likely reasons IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MrSausage

I might be miles off, but I used to get this after a heavy weekend session! Monday night without fail, the teeth came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Thanks for replies :)http://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/teeth-or-tooth-dreams is where I got the interpretations, no doubt there could be millions more!
    the last time it happened I dreamed that my teeth were all shattering and falling out in pieces into my hands, I could feel the bits in my mouth.
    I got that too! and could taste the blood! :eek: Loved how I didnt give a damn about it though - oh and the teeth that fell out on top were towards the back, so I was happy that it was kinda unnoticable while I waited to get fixed
    I might be miles off, but I used to get this after a heavy weekend session! Monday night without fail, the teeth came out.
    had a mad one on Saturday, you might have a point! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

As for the interpretations, I read that it had something to do with loss but that didn't make much sense for me. The interpretations you mentioned are more likely reasons IMO.

Yes, I've read too that about loss, apparently dreaming that your teeth are falling out means you fear loss. It's a dream I have a bit too frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Yes, I've read too that about loss, apparently dreaming that your teeth are falling out means you fear loss. It's a dream I have a bit too frequently.

hmm there's been illness in my family recently alright, and the worry was affecting me - couldnt sleep, had no real appetite. things have been ok though for the past few weeks, but I was also distracted by work-related stuff then, which is no longer an issue. So maybe now im free of work worry my real stresses are showing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MrSausage

MrSausage wrote: »

Without fail it happened again! This time half the jaw came with 2 teeth :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭SleepAtNight

Had that dream a couple of times too....can't remember them in great detail now but one minute I was frrling my front teeth with my tongue, the next they were coming lose and falling out...pretty horrible. Don't think I was as calm as you in them but I didn't wake up in a sweat either. I had anxiety at the time too and somebody told me it means that you're feeling you're losing control of your life.

What seems different in yours is the fact you didn't care in your dream and maybe that's something to do with getting past your anxiety plus you were in control in your dream. I'm only guessing though. What a crazy thing the mind is! :)

Advertisement