Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

RobFowl wrote: »
    Harry you are my new hero.......

Blush... In fairness, the little guy was great at encouragement, "to the next telegraph pole, then the bus stop" and instantly handed me a bottle on the flat bits. Whether he could be bothered doing it again, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Very impressive Harry!

What was the descent like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭buffalo

No going right at the church, but if I get time up the easy side down to 15 minutes, I might give it a go. Best thing about it is that I have no fear whatsoever of that climb anymore. It took me longer to get up it on my road bike with 27 gears three years ago than today (with 8 gears).

Well done sir! And looks like the weather was far nicer for you, than when I went up at about 6pm, with the wind and the rain giving me a view that looked a bit like this:

black1.gif

Very impressive Harry!

What was the descent like?

Pretty fast. I was a bit braver than usual with the longer wheelbase and disk brakes.
    I told himself to warn me if it felt too fast for him, which he did after a few minutes. But we slowly picked up speed, so I went faster and faster until I was spinning out. Not a word from him. When we got to the bottom I realised he'd covered his eyes with the blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

How to make a Specialized Venge look loke a shopping bike :rolleyes:

EEUUUUWWWWW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RobFowl wrote: »
    Harry you are my new hero.......

Mine too, I want one of those bikes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Had to abandon my commute home today, not remotely safe with the wind. If cars kept a safe distance from me it would have been ok, but half way home it was clear that wasn't happening :/

Had to abandon my commute home today, not remotely safe with the wind. If cars kept a safe distance from me it would have been ok, but half way home it was clear that wasn't happening :/

Forum rules say you have to sign the Wimp List.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Wobble more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lumen wrote: »
    Wobble more.

There was no stopping the wobble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Someone was clearly having a slow Monday morning....

528915_10151194837532493_540233947_n.jpg

Found this stuck to my bike, which was locked in the same place I've been keeping it since October. Grammar was a bit off, so I corrected it, gave them a grade (think a C- is generous, next time they won't be so lucky), and left it back for them. I did move my bike though, path of least resistance....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

colm_gti wrote: »
    Someone was clearly having a slow Monday morning....

Found this stuck to my bike, which was locked in the same place I've been keeping it since October. Grammar was a bit off, so I corrected it, gave them a grade (think a C- is generous, next time they won't be so lucky), and left it back for them. I did move my bike though, path of least resistance....

You forgot to mark down the capitalisation of "area".
    D for the jobsworth, B- for yourself.
    :D

You forgot to mark down the capitalisation of "area".
    D for the jobsworth, B- for yourself.

Dammit, and that was one of the things I made fun of with my mates over lunch, fail on my part!

Someone was clearly having a slow Monday morning...

I can't tell if you're talking about the guy who left the note, or yourself. :D

CramCycle wrote: »
    Mine too, I want one of those bikes.

On a day like today, when you're basically cycling a block of wood into the wind, having to push hard downhill, gusts of wind blowing you all over the place, or simply stopping you, with the usual four or five "Hey, can you give us a lift, hurr, hurr"s. You may change your mind.

buffalo wrote: »
    I can't tell if you're talking about the guy who left the note, or yourself. :D

All my Monday mornings are slow, but I done this over lunch :P

All my Monday mornings are slow, but I done did this over lunch :P

C+.

C+.

Go away :P

C+.

You missed the full stop at the end of his sentence, and, unless I'm mistaken your "C+" is not a sentence, therefore does not require a full stop. Would that be right?

• Advertisement

You missed the full stop at the end of his sentence, and, unless I'm mistaken your "C+" is not a sentence, therefore does not require a full stop. Would that be right?

Hoist by my own petard!
    And the killer blow struck by someone misplacing commas. The ignominy!

Hoist by my own petard!
    And the killer blow struck by someone misplacing commas. The ignominy!

Shoot, the one before the "and". You cannot know how bad it is for me to have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3cLX9Azh358#!

shamelessly copied from the weather forum. If you have no attention span whatsoever go straight to 40 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Peterx wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3cLX9Azh358#!

shamelessly copied from the weather forum. If you have no attention span whatsoever go straight to 40 seconds.

What happened to the chap who was standing by the wall? :eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll never get over how some of the so-called pro teams seem to make the most basic of errors. From Jens Voight's latest blog post:
    Another thing we did at the camps this year that was really good was to split up into different groups depending on the racing program. For those of us coming down to Australia, we were doing harder, more intense work to get ready for racing sooner. But for some guys who are not racing so soon, their training was a bit more relaxed, more base training.

Before we would all just go out and do the same thing, but now it was more specific so that different riders can peak at different times.

Seriously? Last year Radioshack riders weren't targetting events with their training? It's outrageous really.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

C'mon Buffalo - you surely don't pay attention to someone who talks to his legs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

buffalo wrote: »
    Seriously? Last year Radioshack riders weren't targetting events with their training? It's outrageous really.

They sound as bad as the Irish Olympic selection committee in terms of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Me thinks he's talking out his ar$e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement