Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

when we did raid i found people keen to donate due to the fact you were going suffer people will donate for that any day. a good cause is important too, but so is the task at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Jez pretty nasty out there. The temp is reading 4 oC I reckon wind is about 20kmph because my view is changing by the second due to driving sleet........ Turbo is looking pretty tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

First ever crash ... Few cuts and a bruised elbow (which affects my wrist and my ability to brake and shift gears) but after that, feel grand! It's kinda a relief. Must be more careful in training!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    First ever crash ... Few cuts and a bruised elbow (which affects my wrist and my ability to brake and shift gears) but after that, feel grand! It's kinda a relief. Must be more careful in training!
    Hope you're OK. If it doesn't settle down after a day or two make sure you get yourself checked out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone ever reported roads in a poor state to their council? I've been on a fixmyarea.com frenzy today - received a response to my first report shortly after I made it but haven't been back that way since as I don't commute that way anymore. Must go back to check it was done.

Have a couple more spots I want to report. Keep the council busy...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Words, I have none.

558206_425487200836723_1736198621_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Words, I have none.

I've heard of people getting a strapadicktome but this is takin' the p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Words, I have none.

How about "Kewl!"

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Pretty useful tbh. I'd rather that then having to know that someone was rather pathetically crouched in a corner somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Advertisement

Here we go again.

http://www.irishtimes.com/letters/
    Time to make bike helmets mandatory
    A chara, – I have been a cyclist for almost 20 years and have been very fortunate until recently to have avoided being in any accident on the road. However, I was involved in a road traffic accident on December 8th and if I had not been wearing a helmet I have no doubt I would have been killed.

Cycling is becoming one of the fastest growing sports, yet there is no legislation in relation to protective equipment for cyclists. A motorist may not drive his/her car without wearing a seatbelt. A construction worker may not enter a site without obtaining a safe pass course or the correct personal protective equipment; yet cyclists, who are the most vulnerable of all road users, are permitted to enter the public roads without even wearing a helmet.

I am astonished by the increased number of cyclists on our roads who do not wear a helmet. I am also astonished by the number of parents who allow their children to cycle a bicycle without any head protection.

In the event of an accident, wearing a helmet significantly reduces the chances of a brain injury in the same way as a seatbelt does in a car. I feel there has to be a change in legislation in relation to this to make our roads safer for everyone. – Is mise,

CIARÁN McPHILLIPS,
    Kilmessan,
    Co Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭buffalo

Dónal wrote: »

I've already written three different responses, trying to decide what line of attack is most likely to get published:
    a) rambling discourse on disadvantages of mandatory helmets
    b) sharp and witty comment about helmets for other specific groups (pedestrians, motorists, drinkers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

fewgoodlance_zps06c6cc3e.jpg

Lance: You want answers?
    Oprah: I think we're entitled to.
    Lance: *You want answers?*
    Oprah: *We want the truth!*
    Lance: *You can't handle the truth!*
    [pauses]
    Lance: My dear, we live in a world that has alps, and those alps have to be ridden by men with lycra. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Ms Winfrey? I have a greater ego than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Cadel Evans, and you curse the Peleton. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Cadel constantly came runner up, while tragic, probably saved lies. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lies. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at times trials, you want me on that bike, you need me on that bike. We use words like bidon, domestique, maillot jaune. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent deceiving something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a woman who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very arrogance that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you don some lycra, grab some titanium and carbon, and get me some bidons. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    Oprah: Did you do drugs?
    Lance: I have only one nut...
    Oprah: *Did you do the drugs?
    Lance: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

buffalo wrote: »
    I've already written three different responses, trying to decide what line of attack is most likely to get published:
    b) sharp and witty comment about helmets for other specific groups (pedestrians, motorists, drinkers)

c) Imagine my surprise at, when out walking with friends, I heard the first cuckoo of spring. PS Helmets are for weenies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

buffalo wrote:

Sometimes a provocative letter to the Irish Times is just so ridiculously simplistic and annoying that it merits no tact or diplomacy whatsoever in the response. This is just such a case, so I suggest:

c) Dear Mr. McPhillips, Will ya ever just feck off ya sh1te-hawking plank. Thanks.

When I was cleaning my bike the other day I was singing away '... Shiny bike like a diamond....'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Words, I have none.

Who says girls can't write their names in the snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

kelly-steering-001.jpg

Great pic.
    Gotta give it to The King he always entertains. Doing the TdeM a few years back he started doing such tricks every chance he got.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I wonder would they keep the fire going :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Plonker" is putting it mildly. There's a reason they were being sold to him at £1 each in the first place.

I know myself i might not be talking today if i had not helmet, they do more good than harm

Delboy should bought into OWN, be booming after figures they got for viewing both nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

What's Kelly using there, speedplays or spds?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

furiousox wrote: »

His handlebar...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

furiousox wrote: »
    Speedplays I'd say. The left one doesn't look recessed enough to be SPD's.

What's that in his rear pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Speedplays I'd say. The left one doesn't look recessed enough to be SPD's.

What's that in his rear pocket?

A rain jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Came off the motorbike this morning on the Naul Road, icy patch :-(. All's well with me, motorbike on the other hand is not happy at all.

If in doubt use the bus. I've just spent the guts of €600 on insurance excess and a new helmet just getting to work. Nothing macho about putting yourself in danger on hazardous roads on two wheeled transport.
    I walked away this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Came off the motorbike this morning on the Naul Road, icy patch :-(. All's well with me...

Glad to hear you're alright, Col. I now declare you done with bad luck.

• Advertisement

No down under thread te return of cycling season, anyone with betvictor account i have a great bet lined up on Rojas Gil

not long till classics season at this rate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement