Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork All Day EGL SC2 Event

• 15-10-2011 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

G4X is running another Gaming event, this time in Cork in the Gresham Metropole Hotel on the 22nd of October(Saturday).
    Doors open @ 10:25am --- Reg starts(For normal gamers) @ 10:30am --- Tournament start @ 11:30am
    Finish Time @ 9:30pm

Age limit : 12 years and up
    Anyone under the age of 18 may email info@game4xtra.com and we will send you a parental consent form which needs to be filled out and returned via email or on the day.

We are running it with NetSoc so all UCC students receive a 20% discount.
    NUI Galway students may avail of this as well.

You will need a provide a valid Student card.

We will be running a Starcraft 2 tournament at this event and like before this will be pre-register only.
    To book your spot please visit our pre-reg page HERE.

If you need any more information just ask.

Regards,
    Flanders536

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Too poor to attend, also quite drunk now.... :/

heheheheheehheheeheheeheh herp,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

Hey, I have some questions :)

What's the prize pool?
    Can I bring my own laptop and peripheral devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sodman

Just signed up for the starcraft! I'm part of UCC netsoc, but I forgot about the 20% off discount for signing up, I don't suppose it's not too late to get the discount? :P

Really pumped for this, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I plan and my friend plans on going but he wants to know if ye will be streaming Blizzcon during the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

I plan and my friend plans on going but he wants to know if ye will be streaming Blizzcon during the day?

Yes we will. We have 3 x 150" projectors at our disposal on the day for this.

Regards,
    Flanders536

Sodman wrote: »
    Just signed up for the starcraft! I'm part of UCC netsoc, but I forgot about the 20% off discount for signing up, I don't suppose it's not too late to get the discount? :P

Dont worry, send an email to info@game4xtra.com with your name, SC2 name and we will sort that out.

Regards,
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Yes we will. We have 3 x 150" projectors at our disposal on the day for this.

Regards,
    Flanders536

Cool, thanks for the reply. Should be signing up soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Chicks wrote: »
    Can I bring my own laptop?

Can we?

Also, if we are just doing the SC2 tournament, I assume I can just drop in at 11:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sodman

Cheers, e-mail sent!

Yeah, huge interest to know if we can bring our own laptops and just play a few casual games (SC2 or otherwise) on the day?

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Can we?

Also, if we are just doing the SC2 tournament, I assume I can just drop in at 11:30?

Yes you can, any SC2 player who brings their own equipment will have to sign a waiver taking responsibility for their own equipment.

G4X will provide 4 gaming PC's on the day but we would suggest gamers to bring their own Keyboard, Mouse, mouse pad.

Yes as SC2 is pre-reg you do not need to be at the event until 11:30 unless you wish to get some practice match's in.

Regards,
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Signed up for sc2! I also added a general attendance and game card to the purchase under a different name for my brother who will be tagging along. Is this ok? or should I have bought this under a separate account for him??

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Signed up for sc2! I also added a general attendance and game card to the purchase under a different name for my brother who will be tagging along. Is this ok? or should I have bought this under a separate account for him??

That's ok, just send an email to info@gmae4xtra.com with your name, your SC2 name and His name, I will make sure he is put down as pre payed.

Regards,
    Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Awesome, have a great time there guys! :)

How much is admission for my adoring fans?

Also, I've been trying to sign up since yesterday but the website's being broken. Is the tournament full or is the site just being a dick?

Chicks wrote: »
    How much is admission for my adoring fans?

Also, I've been trying to sign up since yesterday but the website's being broken. Is the tournament full or is the site just being a dick?

Hey, sorry yea the site is being a dick,

To put it in the words of the developer "Super Gay".

Please click the below link to access the store to book your place for SC2.

HERE

This is a temporary work around, we are upgrading our servers but have encountered a problem with the domain route.

We should have this fixed asap.

It will be €10 for a normal spectator, allowing them access to Casual play on all consoles, fun corner(Wii, Kenect, Retro gaming), Live stream of Blizzcon.

Regards,
    Mark

Cheers dude, signed up now ^^

Spots are filling up fast, register now to secure your place.

The defending champion has just registered, David French who won the first EGL SC2 event will be traveling from Waterford to Cork to defend his title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 davidffrench

Its going to be a good day. Anyone that is able to go but is on the fence about actually going, definitely go. Being able to chat and have some craic with starcraft guys and other gamers alike is brilliant.

Now time to start practicing so i don't lose the title :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

You guys are gonna stream Blizzcon...

C*nts

What time does blizzcon tournament coverage start?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

Wait oO how many spots are available? I am indecisive as always :D

Also Funky, Epi, Night are you in this? Nothing but curiosity ofc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

nah I'm too broke to make a trip to Cork ;_;

haven't been playing much lately anyways

Khazidhea wrote: »

Couple of diamond Terrans would be your competition Khaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 D0Gma

Sorry can't make it flandiddlyer's will catch the next one bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Khazidhea wrote: »

I've been playing a lot recently.... but can't go as Cork is too far away from Belfast. :(

Unless someone knows a way to travel for fairly cheap... and doesn't take 8-10hours.

Grats to Strout! :pac:

Congrats Strout! Glad the lag didn't end it early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Congrats Strout :D

Advertisement