Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin McGuinness Dev and The big fella

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Einhard wrote: »
    Oh for God's sake, this is getting tedious. Because it's tiresome responding to the same predictable talking points day in and day out.

100% agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The young lads you refer to in the above post were given a choice. They didn;t have to accept it. The young lads murdered by the IRA in Warrington didn't get a choice.

So in one sentence to talk of the murderers and the murderd but claim they are the same?
    The young lads i talk of were given a choice - to go out and kill ... the people the young lads killed were not given a choice either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bomb_attacks see...
    Although a warning or warnings had been sent, the area was not evacuated in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Ex terrorist to you freedom fighter to me
    Dana defo on the same level

Dana is a freedom fighter? Freeing us from the evil secular agenda of the Labour party maybe!
    realies wrote: »
    100% agree with you.

So how bout those Sox then??

so your not connected to sinn fein

sure
    that comment suggest otherwise
    next

I believe half of this country would agree with me are half of this country in Sinn Fein ?

Im not and i dont care if you belive or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

Oh for God's sake, this is getting tedious. Either SF supporters are woefully uninformed about their own history, or they are masters at distraction and obfuscation. The difference between MMG et al and Collins et al, is that the latter didn't deliberately target civilians. The young lads you refer to in the above post were given a choice. They didn;t have to accept it. The young lads murdered by the IRA in Warrington didn't get a choice. Ok? Is that clear enough for you? Can we let this be the end of it? Because it's tiresome responding to the same predictable talking points day in and day out.

You clearly didn't read my earlier post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭overshoot

seriously can we just leave it as did mcGuinness leave the IRA in 74 or not? im bored to death of all this. the troubles were forced by the british government, what did people expect when the RUC were leading the civil rights marches into ambushes? it was unfortunatley a necessary evil... that continued after it was necessary (but the question is was mcG there then!!!)
    some accept that Sinn Fein are now democrats because the say so. Some of us older folk have this cynical view that you shouldn't just accept as gospel what a politician tells you.
    when should we ever believe a politician as right? but when is it time to move on? i did not live though the worst of the troubles but i remember passing through the checkpoints seeing the dozen soldiers with machine guns, snipers in their towers. times have changed, fianna fail & fine gael moved away from fighting in the past, do we give sinn fein a chance to do the same?
    i heard a rumour saying pearse doherty was to be given the sf leadership because he doesnt carry any baggage (quickly denied by him) so are they trying to move away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Dana is a freedom fighter? Freeing us from the evil secular agenda of the Labour party maybe!

So how bout those Sox then??

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111014&content_id=25653998&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb These Red sox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

sure
    next

I believe half of this country would agree with me are half of this country in Sinn Fein ?

please
    don't make us laugh
    half support sinn fein
    now i know for sure sf club supporter
    be lucky to get 5%
    thats the best joke

Clearly your not very clever so look at this ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KELTICKNIGHTT
    and so you decided too vote for a ex-terrorist ,who is toxic ,who would damage the country ,, hmm
    to each there own
    there's 2 people for sure I'M not voting for
    marty mcguinness
    and
    dana
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dickwod1

sure
    next

Half of this country would belive MMG was a freedom fighter ... ARE half of this country in Sinn Fein ? is whats wrote

KELTICKNIGHTT i was just looking at your many many posts about MMG on boards.ie
    I wonder are you the member of a political party who has an agenda
    All those various posts about MMG in diff topics ... hmmm

• Advertisement

Clearly your not very clever so look at this ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KELTICKNIGHTT
    and so you decided too vote for a ex-terrorist ,who is toxic ,who would damage the country ,, hmm
    to each there own
    there's 2 people for sure I'M not voting for
    marty mcguinness
    and
    dana
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dickwod1

sure
    next

Half of this country would belive MMG was a freedom fighter ... ARE half of this country in Sinn Fein ? is whats wrote
    80% don't believe marty mcguinness
    as far as sinn fein goes,15% if they lucky
    only sf supporter believe anything mcguinnes tells them
    so what new
    nothing as far as sf goes
    fascist politics

KELTICKNIGHTT i was just looking at your many many posts about MMG on boards.ie
    I wonder are you the member of a political party who has an agenda
    All those various posts about MMG in diff topics ... hmmm

if you did,you know i don't support any party ,only independents
    as far as agenda goes,glad you brought it up
    we all know sinn fein has a agenda and we can guess what it is
    also funny that the sinn fein party and supporters always on boards when election are on,,,,but not when budgets for Ireland are coming.
    How did marty mcguinness meeting go,where you there by any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Oh for God's sake, this is getting tedious. Either SF supporters are woefully uninformed about their own history, or they are masters at distraction and obfuscation.

The difference between MMG et al and Collins et al, is that the latter didn't deliberately target civilians.

hehehe.....hello Pot.

hehehe.....hello Pot.

constructive post i see:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I'm wondering why Martin McGuinness is being witch hunted by the media over his I.R.A past (and it is the PAST) ... He as we all know is now totally for peace.
    Eamon de Valera was leader of the 1916 rising and The big fella Michael Collins was his right hand man who carried out lots of murders and got the Brits out, Dev became president and Michael Collins had a barracks named after him after his untimely death ...Not to mention the seven towers in Ballymun named after those executed in Kilmainham / Pearse St. Etc. Etc. If you could have voted for The big fella Michael Collins in 1940 for president (had he not died) I'm sure he would have got 100% of the vote ... Martin McGuinness a modern day hero in my opinion is exactly the same as Dev and The big fella but of our time.

You seem to somehow forget that the Big Fella died as a result of de Valera's actions. :pac:

As for places being synonymous with names people - although I don't know of anywhere named after McGuinness; Enniskillen, Kingmill, et al are synonymous with their attached massacres with help from Martin.

You seem to somehow forget that the Big Fella died as a result of de Valera's actions.
    I didn't forget? ... (untimely death)

As for places being synonymous with names people - although I don't know of anywhere named after McGuinness; Enniskillen, Kingmill, et al are synonymous with their attached massacres with help from Martin.
    AFAIK places are not named after people when there alive i.e.
    Jack Lynch tunnel
    De Valera place
    Sam Maguire cup
    O' Connell St.

Other synonymus massacres - Bloody sunday ,Dublin + Monaghan bomings,

constructive post i see:rolleyes:

Ah the use of rolling eyes.... Well done. Go back to your sega mega drive.

Ah the use of rolling eyes.... Well done. Go back to your sega mega drive.

non constructive post ,getting to be a habit with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Massive bomb placed in shopping area
    > human rights for Catholics.

Explain to me what goes in between the two. How did destruction, murder, mayhem, further the cause of Catholic parity of rights and opportunities in the North?
    Why didn't Republicans get involved in Sunningdale?

In the initial phase of the Troubles...

What has any of this got to do with human rights?
    Absolutely nothing. The PIRA was an armed group designed to get a United Ireland by force. Was not a defender of the Catholic population.

non constructive post ,getting to be a habit with you

Pointing out ignorance is very constructive actually. Stop following me around Boards.ie please. There are better things to be doing.

• Advertisement

Pointing out ignorance is very constructive actually. Stop following me around Boards.ie please. There are better things to be doing.

not following you that's for sure,you just happen to be on mcguinness threads,what a surprise ,so don't respond
    bye

not following you that's for sure,you just happen to be on mcguinness threads,what a surprise ,so don't respond
    bye

Jesus mary and f**king joseph. First you beg me to answer your questions, now you're telling me 'dont respond'.
    Make up your mind.

Jesus mary and f**king joseph. First you beg me to answer your questions, now you're telling me 'dont respond'.
    Make up your mind.

If you where going to answer,you would without being pettY but you can't
    you come back with more of the same.i asked you enough times already
    If your able to answer,answer ,if not,dont

If you where going to answer,you would without being pettY but you can't
    you come back with more of the same.i asked you enough times already
    If your able to answer,answer ,if not,dont

I've already answered your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

we are soon to vote in a general election and Sinn Fein are trying to stir up a voting frenzy for their wee Martin Mad Dog McGuinness but i think they are going about it all wrong!

Instead of bring up all the old dead martyrs and freedom fighters and hunger strikers murderrers and gunmen etc they should be talking about getting martin out kissing babies and showing that he is capable of real change by going to the police and giving as much detail of where bodies are buried as he can remember.

I've already answered your question.

didn't answer me

foggy_lad wrote: »
    we are soon to vote in a general election and Sinn Fein are trying to stir up a voting frenzy for their wee Martin Mad Dog McGuinness but i think they are going about it all wrong!

Instead of bring up all the old dead martyrs and freedom fighters and hunger strikers murderrers and gunmen etc they should be talking about getting martin out kissing babies and showing that he is capable of real change by going to the police and giving as much detail of where bodies are buried as he can remember.

It's was a mistake for sf to use mcguinness as candidate with his terrorist activities and not telling the truth but then
    again maybe it was about getting better position in next election for them.
    they law to be changed in regarding election in Ireland that no candidate can run in elections with terrorist or criminal background as politicians are dodgy enough as is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

foggy_lad wrote: »

Mad dog???
    I don't recall seeing them bringing up freedom fighters or hunger strikers and i dont think kissing babies is going to showcase any competence as president there are more serious issues, i guess it still impresses some people.

Advertisement