Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank International payments Finally!

Options
  • 13-10-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I noticed that on my NI Current account I can do International payments now although expensive at 25 pounds each. I presume ROI will follow soon?

I hoped I could have transfered between both accounts without charge but it's still 15 pounds to ROI Ulster bank account. When you transfer in euro from an AIB account you are not charged anything, so it looks like they will beat UB in that regard!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Will be free.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

almalahide wrote: »
    I noticed that on my NI Current account I can do International payments now although expensive at 25 pounds each. I presume ROI will follow soon?

I don't get this (the "finally" do bit). Do you mean online?

I have a ROI Ulster Bank account, and if I haul my backside down to the a bricks 'n' mortar branch of their's, I can do an international payment no problem - and have been doing so for about 5 years now.

Eurozone on slowboat = 51c / Transfer to UK/NI in Sterling = €12.70

It's always bugged me why I couldn't do it online though. Why stay? Well they didn't shaft you if you withdrew Sterling out of a NW/RBS machine (used to be any Link machine)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

Sorry of course I meant online, with AIB/BOI you can do International payments so not sure why UB are so slow at adding it. Usually UK banks like UB/Halifax were ahead of the others with Visa Debit etc! Hopefully with it being availaible to NI customers ROI might have it soon!

Ah thanks, "online", the one missing word...it all makes sense now.

UB have been very slow and useless in this area. Working odd hours myself it's a chore to go down the bank to do this sort of transaction.

Anyway, I went down this morning to have a grumble about being charged 24.50 EUR for a same day Euro transfer to Germany. They are sorting it out, as I never entered a "value date" or gave instruction to do the said transfer same day.

I also asked about the recent changes to their T&Cs. The T&C changes are to do with the Payment Services Regulations 2009.
    With effect from 1 January 2012 Payment Services Providers (PSPs) will be obliged to ensure that electronic payments sent in euro within the European Economic Area arrive with the beneficiary's PSP no later than the close of business on the next business day. An extra business day is allowed where payment instructions are given on paper.
    Also from the same date there is some blah blah about:

• Cut-off times for domestic (EUR/RoI) payments being moved to later in the day.
    • Cut-off times for certain payments to later in the day.
    Information doesn't appear to be available to be available yet (you'd think they'd know and have it out sooner).
    Full details of all cut off times are listed in the Schedule of Services - Payment and International Banking Charges, which will be available from 1 January 2012.

They told me in the branch, the changes in T&Cs mean I'll be able to do cross-border transfers online. (I'll believe it when I see it).

Shocker! :eek: (see HERE)

• Advertisement
Advertisement