Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online International Payments & Ulster Bank

Options
  • 26-01-2012 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

When i inquired about this to Ulster Bank last August i was told it wasn't available but would be introduced in November so id just have to go into my branch if i wanted to make an International payment.

In November i called back and was then told it was to be introduced in early/Middle January, ive just checked my online banking and couldn't see a facility for this so i called, the customer service rep told me it had been introduced last week but he would put me through to someone in the "Internet team" to verify,the guy then told me to check again as the facility was there, so i ended the call, logged back in and again i couldn't see anything so i phone back and this time someone from the Internet team said apparently this service was available for a short time but was then stopped but she had no idea why and there is no date for it to be introduced again.

It beggars belief that any major bank doesn't have a facility like this, trying to get a straight answer from anyone in Ulster Bank is a job in itself, it is not feasible for me to take time off to go into my branch to queue up and make International payments something i would need to do quite regular, so im thinking ill ditch Ulster Bank but i don't want to open accounts with AIB or BOI as ive had difficult experiences with then in the past, Permanent TSB too have dreadful customer service so they are a no no, so can someone recommend another bank that would have this facility available online at a minimal charge?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

I have a UK and ROI UB online account. NI introduced it a few months ago weird its taking so long in ROI. In my exp the staff in Costa Coffee would know more about whats going on in UB then their own staff. The only other bank left for you would be NIB But then your going back to a laser card.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I logged in this morning and noticed that they finally got this thing up and running on RoI accounts.

Not only that, they seemed to have got their finger out and got an Android version of the mobile app working too. :eek:

Advertisement