Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

There are serious gaming bargains in the uk tescos, anybody seen similar in ireland (did see the half price wii u, thats a good one)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

imitation wrote: »
    There are serious gaming bargains in the uk tescos, anybody seen similar in ireland (did see the half price wii u, thats a good one)[/Q
    what store was the wii u?i rang tesco lastnight and confirmed they do have a big sale on 3ds xbox 360 wii,wii u and ps vita but couldnt tell me where had stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Stuff 4 sale

Where?

Tesco Clearwater :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

wilton cork

science museum ufo marked 11.70 on shelf scanning 70 cent. The reviews aren't great so maybe that's all it's worth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Tesco Maynooth have a load of rolls of Christmas wrapping paper and cards going for between €0.12 and €0.14, I was there late yesterday. Also a load of Santa stop here signs and a few big Santa bags for putting presents in. A few other bits and bobs.. Now all I need to do is remember I bought this stuff come December lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Tesco on Upper Baggot Street have those long (1 metre?) Wispa bars (made up of many regular bars) for €1.50 down from €6. Lots of them there today, near the checkouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

athtrasna wrote: »
    Tesco on Upper Baggot Street have those long (1 metre?) Wispa bars (made up of many regular bars) for €1.50 down from €6. Lots of them there today, near the checkouts.

Made up of exactly 4 regular bars. Imagine paying €6 for 4 Wispas? For price comparison and Rip Off Ireland pricing, these were £3 STERLING in Norn Iron pre-Christmas and €6 here. That's some mark up for Tesco from the residents of Eire.

Made up of exactly 4 regular bars. Imagine paying €6 for 4 Wispas? For price comparison and Rip Off Ireland pricing, these were £3 STERLING in Norn Iron pre-Christmas and €6 here. That's some mark up for Tesco from the residents of Eire.

Still a bargain at today's price ;)

Still a bargain at today's price ;)

Not a Wispa eater but the OH is. Aren't 4 packs almost always on offer here for 99c - €1.49 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ruth12345

I bought this exact packet end of december in dunnes for 99c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Some ex display macs in Maynooth.

Macbook pro 15" was 1849, now 799
    Macbook pro 13.3 was 1849, now 699
    Macbook Air 13" was 999, now 549.

All ex display, looks like one of each 'sold as seen' whatever that might mean....

TJJP wrote: »

All ex display, looks like one of each 'sold as seen' whatever that might mean....

Wouldn't touch them. They've been switched on almost 24hours a day for several months - at least! I went into Maynooth Tesco about 4am on the way back from Galway one night before Christmas and they were switched on! about 6 people in the store at the time....

Buyer beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Tesco Maynooth have a load of rolls of Christmas wrapping paper and cards going for between €0.12 and €0.14, I was there late yesterday. Also a load of Santa stop here signs and a few big Santa bags for putting presents in. A few other bits and bobs.. Now all I need to do is remember I bought this stuff come December lol!

Same here, i got stuff in Dunnes after xmas, who said people start shopping in early Dec, it starts in Jan 11mths before it :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TJJP wrote: »

Be careful- several of their display models were damaged- one even had a broken screen. If you could get it at a knockdown price- and repair it- it would be a bargain- but for physically damaged stock- I'd want one hell of a bigger discount than this........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Wouldn't touch them. They've been switched on almost 24hours a day for several months - at least! I went into Maynooth Tesco about 4am on the way back from Galway one night before Christmas and they were switched on! about 6 people in the store at the time....

Buyer beware!

Why would that be a problem, Are they not designed to be left on 24 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭bren2001

The Muppet wrote: »

Plain and simply, no. Notebooks/netbooks/laptops (whatever you want to call them) are not designed to be left on 24/7. I wouldn't go near them. They are well into their life usage at that point.

The Muppet wrote: »

You can be certain the batteries will not have their designed lifespan- and as for the ones in Maynooth- check the screens very carefully- more than one has been damaged- and some of them badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

If they'll let you you could install a s.m.a.r.t utility and chec the disk hours and cycle count it will give you a good idea of how much its been left on.

moodrater wrote: »
    If they'll let you you could install a s.m.a.r.t utility and chec the disk hours and cycle count it will give you a good idea of how much its been left on.

In the latest weather reports, pigs have been reported flying in the general Maynooth area, and locals have been advised to take cover..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

370g Thorntons chocs, can't remember if it was €3.24 or €3.74, but still very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

87 cent, Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Tescos have a good offer on at the moment for 6 bottles of either Torres, Eagle Hawk or Cono Sur wine for €40

You then get your 5% wine discount for buying 6 bottles off this.

However the nice part is the fact that they calculate the 5% discount from the original price.
    So you are better off buying Torres - originally priced at €10 each x 6 = €60 less 5% = €3 discount from €40, resulting in a total cost of €37 for the six bottles.

In this case it is cheaper to buy the dearer €10 Torres than to buy the €9 Eagle Hawk or Cono Sur

Check out the tea and coffee aisles in your local Tesco.
    Tesco appear to be clearing some stock that is being discontinued. As a result lots of items are 50% off.
    Some of these are Tesco own brands that are rarely reduced and now great value.

Worth a look. You might find something to interest you at a bargain price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I was in Tesco Maynooth this evening and they have plenty of Apple care packs for iMac and iPad for €35. Might be of interest to some of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

siber wrote: »
    Tescos have a good offer on at the moment for 6 bottles of either Torres, Eagle Hawk or Cono Sur wine for €40

You then get your 5% wine discount for buying 6 bottles off this.

However the nice part is the fact that they calculate the 5% discount from the original price.
    So you are better off buying Torres - originally priced at €10 each x 6 = €60 less 5% = €3 discount from €40, resulting in a total cost of €37 for the six bottles.

In this case it is cheaper to buy the dearer €10 Torres than to buy the €9 Eagle Hawk or Cono Sur

Thanks! I loves me a bit Sangre de torre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

Just wondering if any of ye that get home delivery from tesco.ie got fuel vouchers this week? I got a delivery on Tuesday eve and the voucher 10c off a litre is due to expire on Feb 8th...
    All my deliveries over Christmas had the same date and I'm only getting through the vouchers now... Should I not have gotten a March date?

That wine offer isn't coming up online?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks! I loves me a bit Sangre de torre :)

Oh I also just remembered that I have €6 off a €40 spend :)

That wine offer isn't coming up online?

It states the 6 for €40 is applied whe you purchase 6 bottles or more at point of purchase and not when items are placed in basket"

15.50.A.wine.jpg

• Advertisement

siber wrote: »
    It states the 6 for €40 is applied whe you purchase 6 bottles or more at point of purchase and not when items are placed in basket"

15.50.A.wine.jpg

Aw for Torres, is it just vina sol?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement