Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The Amethyst speaker I posted a few days ago is back to €80 today. Hope someone got one at the reduced price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

I left feeling the whole thing was a bit of a gimmick to get folks in the doors and not holding up to the BIG HALF PRICE sale statement

Not to go off topic, but this is the Tesco way. I also found this with those 'Crazy Prices' 'deals' earlier in the year, Even if you got in the very first day, the stock had disappeared. After a few months, you're completely disillusioned with anything they say. So I haven't been there in 3 months and counting. Smyths for toys, Dunnes for branded groceries, Aldi & Lidl for the rest. No reason to go there anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Picked up a 32gb Sandisk Cruizer Fit USB Memory Stick in Galway for €18.18

On Yellow Shelf Label so Should be nationwide if they stock it.

Cost €27 on Pixmania

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

324738.jpg
    324737.jpg

Spotted the above in Tesco Gorey this morning.
    There were loads of the HDMI 3 way and a few of each of the others.
    There were none of the Belkin Windows 8 transfer cable( whatever that is?)

Tesco are also selling the Huawei mobile broadband unit for €24.99
    The sign says " Half price €24.99 with the purchase of a smart phone" but it seems you can just buy it for the €24.99
    If you buy a €15 top up , they also throw in a bog standard Alcatel 10:10 phone( someone might find a use for it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tesco Tullow(Co Carlow) earlier.

DA238DF2A67843B0A9F16147BA70526E-0000324468-0003679276-00800L-1A021F2273CB45FC8ABB61E86EB6727C.jpg

Decent sound from the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

what are the headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

daytob wrote: »
    what are the headphones?
    I'm guessing Technika DJ Style Over Ear :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

tesco clearwater,

bike attachments for roof racks 11 euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

CH3OH wrote: »
    Tesco are also selling the Huawei mobile broadband unit for €24.99
    The sign says " Half price €24.99 with the purchase of a smart phone" but it seems you can just buy it for the €24.99...
    how easy is it to unlock the Huawei to use on another network?

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Tesco Tullow(Co Carlow) earlier.

DA238DF2A67843B0A9F16147BA70526E-0000324468-0003679276-00800L-1A021F2273CB45FC8ABB61E86EB6727C.jpg

Decent sound from the headphones.

Thanks! Picked up the last one in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tesco Finglas 3tb external hd for 74.50 not a bad price for b&m

img_20141010_195506vvrgx.jpg
    img_20141010_1955322wq04.jpg

Thanks! Picked up the last one in Naas.
    Which last one? The case, or the headphones?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

snubbleste wrote: »
    how easy is it to unlock the Huawei to use on another network?

You can get an unlock code off several different sites on the internet. Typically they'll charge 10-15 for the privilege....... Doddle to do though.

Esel wrote: »
    Which last one? The case, or the headphones?

Headphones but there are loads of kindle cases reduced. They might have put more headphones out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

You can get an unlock code off several different sites on the internet. Typically they'll charge 10-15 for the privilege....... Doddle to do though.

Nah, it's only €1 for an unlock code these days, see http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Unlock-any-Mobile-broadband-Huawei-WiFi-E5332-Unlocking-Code-MIfi-dongle-Modem-/151005442039

I used a similar service for a phone last week and had it unlocked in 5 minutes. Buy the service for the correct model for €1, send them the IMEI number of the device and they'll send you back the unlock code. Couldn't be easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

4 on the wall at the very back of the store- 3rd shelf up, immediately to the right hand side of the Tesco Mobile shop (above a couple of shelves of Sony Bluray players etc). No-one was paying them any attention- so I guess they'll still be there. They also had a few Technica DAB radios (marked @ 20- no idea what they're scanning at)- immediately next to the adaptors- along with some other Technica odds and ends (nothing of which took my attention).
    wobbles wrote: »
    Picked up on of these the other day for 1.41. Great sound and handy for the kitchen. Anything technica branded in the radio/headphone section is worth a scan as there should be none of that left. Also some cameras were reduced as well

666756-Gear4-Street-Party-Wireless-Bluetooth-Portable-Speaker-l.jpg

Any left? was in Maynooth lookign recently, out of my way, bit of a spin as theres nothing in Lucan or Tallaght and Id guess nothing in Clondalkin
    Seve OB wrote: »
    got one of these yesterday in clearwater for €1.41

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technika-211l-retro-leather-dab-radio/213-3471.prd

were a good few of the mini bluetooth travel speakers but they were all scanning at €9.99 so I didn't bother with any of them

Wouldnt mind one, anyone spot one?
    ablelocks wrote: »
    Mahon Point - tesco rechargeable battery pack AAA/AA is now €1.67
    Also Seagate 2TB backup plus desktop drive was €17.47 (no others on the shelf there tho')

This is what I was looking for but did the shopping there anyway, not a sausage, couldnt even see any offers, only on mineral motor oil.
    rejkin wrote: »
    Was that definitely the price for the 2TB drive? 17.47 is insanely cheap.
    Hope some other stores have this.

This would come in handy, chances of me getting in there.
    I'll keep my eyes peeled here.

Handheld price checkers are handy instore alright, can never find the fixed ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you're about 2 weeks late on all of those deals.
    Can't imagine they'll be any left, all those bluetooth speakers have either been sold or prices gone back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

RossieMan wrote: »
    you're about 2 weeks late on all of those deals.
    Can't imagine they'll be any left, all those bluetooth speakers have either been sold or prices gone back up.

Only saw it on post 8450 2 pages back? about engine oil, on the 8th, I went in a day after that, so its been ongoing, wasnt aware its been two weeks on the go.
    Just looking to see what they had on that and was mostly just looking for a few AA rechargeable batteries, but the DAB radio if cheap, HDD be a bonus, not even so much the speakers.

If anyone spots these items around Dublin, I'll take a spin.

Whats the frequency and purpose of these items at this price? taking up stockroom/shelf space, so clear them out?
    Or is some of it mismarked prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

cerastes wrote: »
    Only saw it on post 8450 2 pages back? about engine oil, on the 8th, I went in a day after that, so its been ongoing, wasnt aware its been two weeks on the go.
    Just looking to see what they had on that and was mostly just looking for a few AA rechargeable batteries, but the DAB radio if cheap, HDD be a bonus, not even so much the speakers.

If anyone spots these items around Dublin, I'll take a spin.

Whats the frequency and purpose of these items at this price? taking up stockroom/shelf space, so clear them out?
    Or is some of it mismarked prices?

I got one of those 2tb hard drives in mahon point for that price on Tuesday, there was no price label so I scanned it and 17 euro came up so bought it. It was the only one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

gcw_zipfy-red_f.jpg

Naas store has a big basket of Zipfy sleds for €20 (near the Halloween stock). Worth a punt on a bit of snow this winter?

More info: http://www.zipfy.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Picked up a crayola marker maker in tesco tallaght for €2. It was the last one, price tag was yellow. Theyre €29.99 in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Lola18 wrote: »
    Picked up a crayola marker maker in tesco tallaght for €2. It was the last one, price tag was yellow. Theyre €29.99 in smyths.

anyone spot these any where else? junior wants it as her main christmas present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Anybody get a Cozy Coupe at 42c? It was the police car version.

A few got them on Wednesday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

January wrote: »
    Anybody get a Cozy Coupe at 42c? It was the police car version.

A few got them on Wednesday morning!

If you want to re-sell, will pay triple...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I missed out unfortunately! I got to Clearwater at 9.30am... someone had posted on FB they got one there at 9.10am and there was more left but I either missed them or management got there before I did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

Ah raging, Clearwater is my "local"

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

daytob wrote: »
    Tesco Finglas 3tb external hd for 74.50 not a bad price for b&m

Does this have a power adaptor ir is it powered over the USB cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Lola18 wrote: »

Picked two of these in Tralee. Just as a side note these can also be used as edible markers, just use regular edible colouring instead of the ink supplied

• Advertisement

murphm45 wrote: »
    Does this have a power adaptor ir is it powered over the USB cable?
    I would say it has a power adapter.

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement