Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Banjo wrote: »
    Lego Iron Man Extremis Sea Port Battle 76006 (a speedboat with Mk42 Iron Man, War Machine (not Iron Patriot) and Aldrich Killian minifigs) for €6.99 in Tesco Celbridge. Down from something like €18.99 or €20-something. Here's a pic from Amazon.
    51QG1KNqKiL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

None left in Tesco Paul Street when I was there this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭ablelocks

couple of things i spotted today (didn't note exact prices):

limerick crescent and nenagh

variety of dab and clock radios (technika, prism, tesco~) significantly reduced

(however, there seems to be a switch on stock - all these look like they are being taken from shelves and replaced by new tesco and other brands and items in both stores).

variety of samsung tablet cases reduced

sandisk 8/16gb micro sd and some 16/32gb usb memory sticks reduced

microsoft wireless desktop 2000 keyboard and mouse combo reduced to 14.99 (limerick crescent)

microsoft wedge bluetooth keyboard reduced to €33 or 38 (limerick crescent)

furby boom - marked 69.99 but scanned at 0.21. (I didn't get away with that one as limerick crescent isn't self service and the girl on the till wouldn't let it go at that price)

twister rave skipping light rope - reduced to 6.99

toshiba 40" led tv - reduced from 650-499 (didn't note model number)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

In the shower gel ailse on the lower shelves lots of shower gels reduced. Own brand and palmolive gels from 49c to 99c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

If anyone sees the twister skipping rope for €6.99 in Clearwater, Mullingar, Kinnegad or Maynooth can you let me know please as my daughter is looking for one for her birthday. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

aidole wrote: »
    If anyone sees the twister skipping rope for €6.99 in Clearwater, Mullingar, Kinnegad or Maynooth can you let me know please as my daughter is looking for one for her birthday. Thanks

Artane had them today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone spot Mario Allstars for Wii cheap yet, last I checked it was scanning at €29.99, would love one sub €10

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Couple of twister skipping ropes left in Tesco Extra in naas yesterday. Got two and left three on the shelf in the toy aisle nearest the big gardening aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Old El Paso Casserole spice bags down from €1.75 to 44c. Seen today in Tesco Omni.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Tesco in the Omni have some Iphone cases reduced to 6.99 and Nexus Fire cases very reduced to 3 euro odd.

One PSP left for €50 also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Tesco in the Omni have some Iphone cases reduced to 6.99 and Nexus Fire cases very reduced to 3 euro odd.

One PSP left for €50 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

All flavours of Lucozade 1L bottles now €1.29

Solero 3 Packs - any two for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tesco bargains seem to be few and far between at the moment
    These may be of interest:
    Fairly shocking pink leather Ipad case: €9.99

312991.jpg

Galaxy Tab 2 case in various colours: Blue and red were €9.99 others a bit more

312992.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Tesco mobile is giving away a free feature phone (Alcatel 1010) with every top up purchase of 15 Euro or above.

I believe it's in all Tesco shops that stock mobile phones for a limited time (not sure for how long). The phone is locked to the Tesco network.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Tesco mobile is giving away a free feature phone (Alcatel 1010) with every top up purchase of 15 Euro or above.

I believe it's in all Tesco shops that stock mobile phones for a limited time (not sure for how long). The phone is locked to the Tesco network.

I'm not a Tesco mobile customer - but can I buy €15 of Tesco mobile credit and get the phone for free to use as a spare phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I already posted that offer twenty four days ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90777151&postcount=7698

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

rok wrote: »
    I'm not a Tesco mobile customer - but can I buy €15 of Tesco mobile credit and get the phone for free to use as a spare phone?

the phone would be locked to the tesco network so you couldnt put your own sim in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

The phone comes preloaded with a SIM card. So you can buy the 15 Euro Tesco mobile credit, plug in the battery & top it up, no need to buy another SIM card. The phone is locked to Tesco mobile as beano noted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

If you're an emobile or meteor customer you can buy the phone for €20 in their stores. It's a handy spare phone. Saved me over the past few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If you're an emobile or meteor customer you can buy the phone for €20 in their stores. It's a handy spare phone. Saved me over the past few days.
    But does it come with €15 credit and a sim card?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

snubbleste wrote: »
    But does it come with €15 credit and a sim card?

You can get it with the sim card (and in your own number if needed) and the credit isn't much use if you're not tesco mobile. I was just offering an alternative as the OP wasn't Tesco mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

The Tesco Click and Collect service is free in some stores till August to get it off the ground I think. Fairly handy service I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

Mahon Point has a shelf with lots of games for Ps3, Xbox, Wii and DS at reduced prices. Not massive hits there but decent ones e.g.:

Fable II - 5 EUR
    Fable III - 10 EUR
    Gears of War 2 - 5 EUR
    Duke Nukem 3D - 5 EUR
    Forza Motorsport - 10 EUR
    Kinectimals - 5 EUR
    Halo Reach - 5 EUR

plus a good lot more. Best to browse all the titles listed as they are put altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

The Tesco Click and Collect service is free in some stores till August to get it off the ground I think. Fairly handy service I have to say.

I thought that was always free in the UK, are they going to charge for it here?

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I thought that was always free in the UK, are they going to charge for it here?

I think its 4 pound in the UK and free when you spend over a certain amount , Its going to be 2 euro here .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I think its 4 pound in the UK and free when you spend over a certain amount , Its going to be 2 euro here .

Not according to this.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/help/delivery-info.page?icid=Responsive%20Search%20Results_Delivery_165400028

I've ordered a few things click and collect to Newry and it was always free, regardless of cost.

Not according to this.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/help/delivery-info.page?icid=Responsive%20Search%20Results_Delivery_165400028

I've ordered a few things click and collect to Newry and it was always free, regardless of cost.

I got my info from here. :confused: Must be area specific.

http://www.tesco.com/collect/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Not according to this.

I got my info from here. :confused: Must be area specific.

http://www.tesco.com/collect/

Dashcamdanny, your link seems to apply to click and collect on groceries, i think Marhay's relates to other stuff ? Open to correction though.

chasm wrote: »
    Dashcamdanny, your link seems to apply to click and collect on groceries, i think Marhay's relates to other stuff ? Open to correction though.

Yes I see now. Marhays link was in relation to Tesco Direct not Groceries.

All I know for sure from a leaflet dropped in my door is that its free till mid August in Rep of Ireland. Then a 2 euro charge may apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

I tried the click and collect at Clare Hall for the first time this week, and I much prefer it to the delivery. At least, I can ensure that I'll get my groceries, and at the time that suits me. The delivery can be a bit of hit and miss, with delays or no shows. Plus the man wasn't in a hurry for me to pack the bags, he even helped me pack them and put them in the boot

And costwise, it makes more sense since I plan the pick up after picking up the kids from school or camp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement