Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sister told me that Clearwater have MS Office 2010 Home/Student reduced from €33 to €20. Key only, you download the software.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Soarer wrote: »
    It's written in the post heading.

Post headings don't show when you're on the mobile site........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Use the coupons they sent out on petrol on clarehall. Saved €11 when I spent €70. Till operator commented on how good a saving it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

It's written in the post heading.
    only since they edited it!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

Picked up a Tesco branded 65L rucksack last night in Douglas for €5.10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

only since they edited it!

Nope. It was there all the time.

Nope. It was there all the time.

Not on the mobile site

Not on the mobile site

Offtopic- can you see it on the mobile site now- because I certainly can't see post headings- of any nature, and never have been able to.

Offtopic- can you see it on the mobile site now- because I certainly can't see post headings- of any nature, and never have been able to.

No, same as you re: mobile site. Can't see them. So if people could mention in post the details rather than on the heading it would be great!

Anyway... back on topic! :D

Not on the mobile site

Doesn't mean it wasn't there! ;)

Now, back on topic! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Baggot street, various reduced prices on gluten free and special diets foods. I bought corn cakes 87 cents, Alpro chocolate dessert 1.07, gluten free spaghetti 1.25, Kallo stock cubes 62 cents, Food of Atherny crackers 1.99 (they are usually 3.99 and are uterly delicious).
    Also reductions on the sauces shelf, I got Chef vinegar for 82 cents (500ml), saw lots of brown sauces, ketchup, mayos, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Nanazolie, would that be the Upper Baggot St or the Lower Baggot St store ?

0lddog wrote: »
    Nanazolie, would that be the Upper Baggot St or the Lower Baggot St store ?

Baggot Street Lower, the one opposite to Max restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Tesco is a ripoff on petrol at the moment 12c per litre more expensive that other garages near me.

Tesco is a ripoff on petrol at the moment 12c per litre more expensive that other garages near me.

Tesco Clare Hall charge 156.9. The nearest Topaze station charges 157.9, but only a few miles down the road Topaze charge 159.9

• Registered Users Posts: 12 adim111

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=GFPYcHeZpmsQ0M&tbnid=H-9xH2oWO-c-AM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gogreenbatteries.co.uk%2Fduracell-aa-1950-mah-nimh-rechargeable-batteries-stay-charged-4-pack%2F&ei=2FpMUoDVNMjd7Qbk-oGgDA&bvm=bv.53371865,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNEFes-ube8Vm_BVz_AkFRlKD-Tg8g&ust=1380822098877398Duracell AA 1950 mAh PRE CHARGED Rechargeable Batteries at Tesco Arklow. Now €6,00 down from €19,79

Just filled up in the Esso garage on the quays on the way out of Dublin- diesel @ 144.9. The Esso and the Applegreen in Palmerstown were 145.9 and 145.5 respectively- while Tesco Maynooth are currently 149.9. When you've a 75 litre tank (I have a Volvo with an optionally large 'touring' tank) the couple of pence adds up to around 4 Euro per fill- which as I didn't have to go out of my way for the cheaper fuel, is a bit of a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Just filled up in the Esso garage on the quays on the way out of Dublin- diesel @ 144.9. The Esso and the Applegreen in Palmerstown were 145.9 and 145.5 respectively- while Tesco Maynooth are currently 149.9. When you've a 75 litre tank (I have a Volvo with an optionally large 'touring' tank) the couple of pence adds up to around 4 Euro per fill- which as I didn't have to go out of my way for the cheaper fuel, is a bit of a no-brainer.

Use unleaded myself at 153.9 per litre Esso Ballybough vs Tesco Clearwater at 164.9 per litre. Was costing 166.9 per litre last day I was in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Baggot street, various reduced prices on gluten free and special diets foods. I bought corn cakes 87 cents, Alpro chocolate dessert 1.07, gluten free spaghetti 1.25, Kallo stock cubes 62 cents, Food of Atherny crackers 1.99 (they are usually 3.99 and are uterly delicious).
    Also reductions on the sauces shelf, I got Chef vinegar for 82 cents (500ml), saw lots of brown sauces, ketchup, mayos, etc...

Thanks. Loads of pickles reduced in Mahon as well as flavoured Olive oils (chilli, basil). Small bottles of franks xtra hot sauce reduced and some other chilli sauces. Loads of different condiments reduced. Stocked up on the vinegar as you rarely see the distilled stuff reduced and Aldi/Lidl only do a cheap malt vinegar:( Also plenty of the gluten free/special diet that you mentioned reduced too.

Use unleaded myself at 153.9 per litre Esso Ballybough vs Tesco Clearwater at 164.9 per litre. Was costing 166.9 per litre last day I was in Finglas.

153.9 on the quays too......
    That filling station is damn good value....... (insofar as its possible for fuel to be good value- when 85% of its price is taxes and duties going straight to the Revenue Commissioners)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Just filled up in the Esso garage on the quays on the way out of Dublin- diesel @ 144.9.

Google - ushers quay nsai

paddyp wrote: »
    Google - ushers quay nsai

It was done for miscalibrated pumps in 2011. All pumps have recent NSAI seals- and it has only been an Esso for about 2 months now- prior to that it was an Applegreen. Since the incident in 2011- it has not featured in the NSAI compliance list. No issue to report. And to be honest- I'd trust Esso fuel a lot quicker than I would Tesco or Top fuel- it has different lubricants added to it- I reckon I get 1-2 mpg extra out of it for urban driving, and up to 5mpg extra for suburban driving (according to the onboard computer on the car).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

lindtee wrote: »
    .....Stocked up on the vinegar as you rarely see the distilled stuff reduced and Aldi/Lidl only do a cheap malt vinegar.......

BuyLo do a mean line ( a few euro for 5 ltr ) in distilled vinegar, also have come across super strength distilled vinegar in a polish shop ( Polo store ? )

( Sorry for O/T drift )

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

lindtee wrote: »
    Stocked up on the vinegar as you rarely see the distilled stuff reduced and Aldi/Lidl only do a cheap malt vinegar:(

off topic I know, but I buy distilled vinegar in an Asian shop (the one near Musgraves, in Ballymount, Dublin) for €3.50 for 5 litres - great price if (like me) you use it for cleaning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

153.9 on the quays too......
    That filling station is damn good value....... (insofar as its possible for fuel to be good value- when 85% of its price is taxes and duties going straight to the Revenue Commissioners)

Its 149.9 for unleaded in the new campus garage on east wall road beside the new aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Maguire and paterson kitchen matches
    are .31 cent, normally 1.05

loads of packs in clearwater

Maguire and paterson kitchen matches
    are .31 cent, normally 1.05

loads of packs in clearwater

How dare you!

Get back to talking about petrol prices! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Petrol and matches! This will not end well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Monopoly Millionaire Edition is €7.99,Fireman Sam Training Tower €6.99. Monster High all reduced along with Scooby Doo stuff @ half price.

Tesco Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

If you can find them. There are plenty of RTC lines in the RTC bay in Artane.

Also have a list of products for Artane may work for other stores I will try post i tomorrow.

I know I put a load of Tesco batter mix out not sure if anyone would use it.

Anyway, Artane is sold out of this product but it maybe in other stores.

Air Wick , Reed Diffuser, Colours Of Nature, Pink Sweet Pea

Just to save people hassle in there stores; the barcode for the product is 5011417556740 if you ask them at the customer service desk or any assistant should be able to tell you the stock level in store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement