Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta readers wanted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Just finished chapter 7,it's certainly drawing me in :) Eli is v strange,wonder did she do away with andy's roommate....First impressions say it'll be an interesting read anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Pickarooney, i've nothing to read since i finished Game of Thrones last week, if you would like me to read i'd love to... :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

BadGirl wrote: »
    Pickarooney, i've nothing to read since i finished Game of Thrones last week, if you would like me to read i'd love to... :)

Not to sound like an ass, but would you be able to do it by the end of the month? I'm going to start another rewrite then.

Not to sound like an ass, but would you be able to do it by the end of the month? I'm going to start another rewrite then.

I read Game of Thrones in 3 days so i should manage to finish by the end of the month! :)

BadGirl wrote: »
    I read Game of Thrones in 3 days so i should manage to finish by the end of the month! :)

Yeah but that was probably a good book :D

• Advertisement

A huge thanks to everyone who's given me feedback on this so far. I have four or five new chapters thought up and one final killing spree planned as a result. Also a lot of plot points which I thought were clear seem to be anything but.

It's cool to see that one person thought the book should basically revolve around a character someone else thought should be written out :D

Can't wait to read the next installment! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

A huge thanks to everyone who's given me feedback on this so far. I have four or five new chapters thought up and one final killing spree planned as a result. Also a lot of plot points which I thought were clear seem to be anything but.

It's cool to see that one person thought the book should basically revolve around a character someone else thought should be written out :D

cutting out that dude i was on about would work too

looking forward to the rest

bluewolf wrote: »
    cutting out that dude i was on about would work too

looking forward to the rest

I think you mentioned 11 dudes. And I can't find a role for Christopher Walken, sorry!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think you mentioned 11 dudes. And I can't find a role for Christopher Walken, sorry!

:(
    i was being comprehensive :cool:

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    :(
    i was being comprehensive :cool:

As in, you took me to grammar school?

As in, you took me to grammar school?

yes, after you made me cry :pac:

now less talking and more writing, i want the next bit before i get my books in the mail :pac:

I did some pre-writing but then I found beer and crisps. You don't want to read beer-and-crisps prose.

i'd settle for having some crisps :(

I did some pre-writing but then I found beer and crisps. You don't want to read beer-and-crisps prose.

Could be funny, but probably hard to follow :D

Well chapters 6-24 were written on mushrooms so it should give you some idea.

Finished rewrite 13 of this. If anyone was planning on reading version 11 and hasn't started, there's not much point now but if you want to help with the latest version that'd be sweeet

Finished rewrite 13 of this. If anyone was planning on reading version 11 and hasn't started, there's not much point now but if you want to help with the latest version that'd be sweeet

I'll read again if you want pickarooney? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Leafonthewind

I'll read it again as well. Curious to see whose head wound up on the chopping block. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I got a copy from you before but didn't have a chance to read it. I've less distractions now though so send it over :)

• Advertisement

I forgot it at work... luckily I don't get any days off so I'll be able to send it on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Ah, I've started reading the previous draft. I was making notes as I went, but I guess you've changed the opening sections now? Feel free to send me the new one, I have time to read it properly at the moment; I was just too busy to actually sit down with the other one before (well, too busy to read it and do all the other reading I wanted to anyway!)

sure

Kinski wrote: »
    Ah, I've started reading the previous draft. I was making notes as I went, but I guess you've changed the opening sections now? Feel free to send me the new one, I have time to read it properly at the moment; I was just too busy to actually sit down with the other one before (well, too busy to read it and do all the other reading I wanted to anyway!)

Can you send me the notes from the older version anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Antilles wrote: »
    I got a copy from you before but didn't have a chance to read it. I've less distractions now though so send it over :)

Likewise. Apparently I've a month until lectures start again, so send that bad boy my way. :)

Epub format OK for everyone? I still need to figure out how to get Calibre to properly render italics.

i duno what that is but probably

Epub format OK for everyone? I still need to figure out how to get Calibre to properly render italics.

Yep, will do fine here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Leafonthewind

Epub works for me.

• Advertisement

I fiddled around with it a bit but the end product looks different on every device so apologies if the formatting is all out of whack. The conversion tool may have accidentally added some characters and a pointless plot device also.

Advertisement