Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta secures rights for NHL in Ireland?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

and i also kinda miss the intermission reports too.. which on Setanta is replaced by some "NASCAR is awesome!" short or something.

If I see that "blind motor racing" from Mondello again I'll crack up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Gents, am switching from UPC to Sky and I have to buy Setanta on its own now. Buying it just for the NHL to be honest. On detox at the moment without hockey. Any of you got it recently? Any idea on the contract length?

COYW wrote: »
    Gents, am switching from UPC to Sky and I have to buy Setanta on its own now. Buying it just for the NHL to be honest. On detox at the moment without hockey. Any of you got it recently? Any idea on the contract length?

Do you mean the contract length of you getting Setanta with Sky, or the contract that Setanta have to show the rights?

I'd say you can pretty much add and remove Setanta as you wish with Sky, they'll only charge you for the days you have it. But it's worth double checking with them.

I've no idea how long Setanta have the NHL rights for though.

Rangers and Leafs is on now but they're showing a black screen on the HD channel...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Rangers and Leafs is on now but they're showing a black screen on the HD channel...
    Yea, its been like that all day. I was wanting to watch the football this afternoon but had to watch on Setanta Ireland. Its the Canadiens rather than the Leafs who is playing though ;)

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Yea, its been like that all day. I was wanting to watch the football this afternoon but had to watch on Setanta Ireland. Its the Canadiens rather than the Leafs who is playing though ;)

So it is. I'm not watching because there's no HD. Have the Penguins on the iPad.

So it is. I'm not watching because there's no HD. Have the Penguins on the iPad.
    Yea, ye guys look like ye are in a tight one. Montreal just scored and look to be in control. HD or non-HD is all the same to me to be honest. If I can see a game I'm happy enough :)

I'm a bit of a HD addict, would be watching the Habs game if Lundqvist had started though. Saw some of the Boston game earlier, they're on fire.

I'm a bit of a HD addict, would be watching the Habs game if Lundqvist had started though. Saw some of the Boston game earlier, they're on fire.
    I had to sit through Xfactor and aftershows that followed before I could put this game on, dont ask :) Predators game is of most interest to me tonight but that dont belong in this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

the habs did a fine job tonight.. couple of lucky bounces, but all in all a solid performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭PMC83

I see Bruins on tomorrow at 6! This is great, I only have the regular channels though and I'm still getting it?! I thought that it was an extra setanta channel you have to pay for no?

PMC83 wrote: »
    I see Bruins on tomorrow at 6! This is great, I only have the regular channels though and I'm still getting it?! I thought that it was an extra setanta channel you have to pay for no?

The majority of matches so far have been on Setanta Ireland, which is the regular channel. Long may it continue.

The majority of matches so far have been on Setanta Ireland, which is the regular channel. Long may it continue.
    And dont forget Setanta HD if you have a HD feed on your subscription :)

And dont forget Setanta HD if you have a HD feed on your subscription :)

Except when they decide to show empty black screens...

Except when they decide to show empty black screens...
    Thats true, maybe they were costcutting by not broadcasting it at the weekend...seems to be back this week :cool:

Got Setanta in this week. Got 2 months for the price of 1 and half price connection fee via the web site. Will see how it goes.

Rangers - Caps game is on Setanta Sports 1. T earlier game was on there aswell. First time I seen games screened on that channel...

Rangers - Caps game is on Setanta Sports 1. T earlier game was on there aswell. First time I seen games screened on that channel...

Great win! Well happy with the performance. Will be disappointed if we don't make the post-season with a bit to spare to be honest. Great win against the Flyers as well with a shutout. Pens on Wed night should be a cracker, on Setanta as well.

I may be a bit slow in noticing this but Setanta have the Hockey Night in Canada pre-game show listed for 11.30pm tonight. Good to get a bit more coverage on the TV, though they did miss the first 20 seconds of the match this evening, that is becoming a bit of an annoyance at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great used to love hockey night in Canada with Don Cherry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Any of ye guys with eircom, because if you go on eircom.net they stream setanta for free 24hrs a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Good coverage last night leaving a game before it finished to show greyhound racing. I know they gave warnings they were going to do it but why start a program if you can't finish it?

Good coverage last night leaving a game before it finished to show greyhound racing. I know they gave warnings they were going to do it but why start a program if you can't finish it?

In fairness, it was a live show that was following it. You can't please everyone, and unfortunately the greyhound racing probably gets more viewers.

Was a great end to the Wings-Hawks game which makes it more annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It was a live show yeah but it went on until 10:30 or something. I didn't watch it and I don't know anything about greyhound racing but I'd imagine the main race wasn't until the end and they switched over to watch a few of the undercard races which probably weren't too important.

It was a live show yeah but it went on until 10:30 or something. I didn't watch it and I don't know anything about greyhound racing but I'd imagine the main race wasn't until the end and they switched over to watch a few of the undercard races which probably weren't too important.

More than likely. And the hockey only went on another 10 minutes or so, if even.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

There is an archive of some of the games shown on Setanta. They are nicely hidden on the Eircom site

http://setanta-video.eircom.net/eircom/channels/C5MoreSports.aspx

If this doesnt work. go to eircom.net->sports hub->Watch Sports->Setanta Catchup->Go down to 'Extra' and select extra

Then boom! Full length Hockey games. Although they are over a week old. F*** it im happy enough to watch them for now until I get something full time

EDIT: You need to be an eircom customer

Okay I'm watching the Pens V Habs and the intermission is on. Setanta are showing some random interview with a filipino boxer :rolleyes: Whats that got to do with hockey?

EDIT: I have just seen the petition thread, I'll be signing it for sure...

They had Mike Tyson in the first intermission. Was pretty interesting to watch... the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i don't know whether it's just tsn, but the signal for last night's game was terrible.. as was Setanta's management of the time-outs.. they actually timed out mid game at one point, missing almost a minute of playing time before going back only to be just in time for TSN's own time out... sloppy stuff

• Advertisement

i don't know whether it's just tsn, but the signal for last night's game was terrible.. as was Setanta's management of the time-outs.. they actually timed out mid game at one point, missing almost a minute of playing time before going back only to be just in time for TSN's own time out... sloppy stuff

Signal here was awful also. Thought it may have been UPC because I had recorded the game and was watching it delayed, but it seemed to lose connection every 90 seconds or so, very poor.

Advertisement