Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get €10 from AIB ATMs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I thought this was the norm for ages? I remember running into this problem a few years ago. When I get down that low I just pay for whatever I'm buying on the laser as that will let you bleed your account dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Get a laser card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

The last few AIB machines I've went to give out tenners, but a lot of machines don't. A lot of the time it's only 10 I need to get out, or like you I only have 15 euro or so in my account. I think they should all have the 10 euro option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

because the average of €0 - €19.99 = €9.995 per AIB current account holder.

€9.995 x 750,000 = €7,496,250 AIB can lend on the Overnight Money Market and make money off of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Ive got a laser card but i dont like using it & wasnt sure if i could in the post office.. it definitley used to do tenners before.. in fact the lady dealing with my complaint told me they still do in their ATMs on student campuses etc.
    Well that's pure bull, Banklink machine in NUI Maynooth only spits out €20 minimum too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Daemos wrote: »
    Well that's pure bull, Banklink machine in NUI Maynooth only spits out €20 minimum too

Well i doubt its pure bull cos if you look a few posts above from the student who had to get €400 in €10s .. anyway thats what i was told from AIB lady... not my words

Spacedog wrote: »
    because the average of €0 - €19.99 = €9.995 per AIB current account holder.

€9.995 x 750,000 = €7,496,250 AIB can lend on the Overnight Money Market and make money off of.

wow can you explain that a bit clearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Banks gets all the money in people's current accounts, and invests it overnight. there is not actually any money in the banks vaults. just floats in the branches (like a float in a shops till). if a load of people come in and ask for their money, the bank has to borrow from the money market (from other banks), if a load more come in and talk all their money out, the bank will collapse.

It is estimated that a bank only ever needs 10% of the actual sum of all the balance of all the customers' current accounts.

Now if thay make it so you cannot remove €20, they can invest that money in longer term markets and get more intrest from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs

Here's a little youtube clip to explain it

Oranage2 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs

Here's a little youtube clip to explain it

your ok i dont have 3 and a half hours of my life spare.. ive wasted enough time with banks today thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

The quality of €10 notes in circulation is diabolical. Crap notes jam in the machine so if they want to stock it with €10s they have to be bought in or sent from head office. €20s are in better shape and cost less money to stock.

Advertisement