Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual Health Campaigns - Are they working?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm interested in the sexual health campaigns that are run in Ireland but wonder why are they not working?
    They have been in existence for the best part of 10 years but still the number of STI's and HIV increase?

It makes me wonder as a marketer, is it the chosen media that the HSE and Crisis Pregnancy use not effective, should there be a need for humorous ads to be run on TV which costs up to €100,000 odd per year or is there a point in having leaflets strewn round GP's offices.
    Why is there no campaigns about disease prevention or symptom awareness

any thoughts big or small are welcomed!

Claire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

This'll probably be locked because it's research, but I will say one thing- 99% of advertisements or campaigns in this area you see are based around contraception, not infection control. I haven't seen any real sexual health campaign material that wasn't based around 'you'll get preggers!'

And don't get me started on the lack of information for niche communities, like the lesbian community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 claireb88

Oh right, sorry its my first time to actually post a thread on boards.ie!

But thanks for you input,

is it just not possible to post something like this? or does my post require editing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

claireb88 wrote: »
    Oh right, sorry its my first time to actually post a thread on boards.ie!

But thanks for you input,

is it just not possible to post something like this? or does my post require editing

Most forums require you to check with a moderator before posting up research questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

HIV rate drops. Many professionals now question whether it is sexually transmitted at all in the heterosexual community?

http://www.medicalindependent.ie/page.aspx?title=hiv_infection_rate_drops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I think it should be more publicised TBH. STI's etc is still a taboo subject. Most people would be embarrassed talking about it with friends or even with a doctor. I know I would be anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Most forums require you to check with a moderator before posting up research questions.
    This basically. Plus we generally only allow research type threads from members of the community who have put something into the community in the first place. Please feel free to join in :) but no market research threads please.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement