Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this please?

Options
  • 06-10-2011 4:38pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone help me to specifically identify this weapon, and maybe some info about it?

It was used at Salute in Malahide this year.

6217680326_608130c2b3.jpg
    PW2_5952.jpg by PaulWa, on Flickr

Thanks folks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Mechanized Deagle Brand Deagle for Infantry Support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

A replica of Chuck Norris's penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

its a 2 pounder galloping gun. fires a 2 pound ball or 2 pounds of grapeshot/pistol balls. used for rapid deployment around the battlefield to target specific key personel, like an old skool sniper weapon.

at the battle of aughrim (1691) general st ruth had his head taken clean off by williamite forces using a similar weapon, and king william himself got hit in the shoulder by one while inspecting the banks of the boyne prior to the battle.
    hope this helps.
    ps, this cannon belongs to my father

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

thermo wrote: »
    its a 2 pounder galloping gun.

ps, this cannon belongs to my father

Thanks very much for the useful info. I've submitted a different image of it firing for the boards.ie photobook this year.

Advertisement