Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Options
1666768697072»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

And another update on the way!! This is the phone that just keeps giving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

projectgtr wrote: »
    And another update on the way!! This is the phone that just keeps giving :D

Did you get it? Or do you just mean the android announcement?

Uriel. wrote: »
    Did you get it? Or do you just mean the android announcement?

just the announcement :D , i would flash mine but its going in for a warranty repair shortly. Great to know we are still getting support, i think its up till 5.0 please god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭Nolimits

zcmNZte.png

OTA

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I just chwcked and it's available for me too

downloading now
    Nolimits wrote: »
    zcmNZte.png

OTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I was litterally opening this thread to see if there was any word on OTA and up popped the notification "System update downloaded"! See you on the other side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Its not available for mine as yet.

My Nexus is rooted, would that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

My nexus is rooted and I still got the update yesterday so it shouldn't make a difference.
    The lips wrote: »
    Its not available for mine as yet.

My Nexus is rooted, would that make a difference?

Got my update Friday, manually checked for an update.... None available. Then cleared Google framework and rechecked boom 4.3 feels nice and snappy! Still puts my S4 to shame on everyday use, love this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Then cleared Google framework and rechecked boom 4.3 feels nice and snappy!.

I just done this and there is no update for me yet!

• Advertisement

The lips wrote: »
    I just done this and there is no update for me yet!

Me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Uriel. wrote: »
    Me neither

me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Got the update last night. Seems faster/smoother for most activities.

Only drawback is that the Google-Talk app is removed and replaced with the dreadful Hangouts app. I knew it was coming, but it's still disappointing that the older version is gone for good.

I still haven't got it for some reason, on either my Galaxy Nexus or Nex 10 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Got it on my Galaxy Nexus yesterday afternoon and on the Nexus 7 last night but I haven't noticed any difference on either of them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My GN is getting quite laggy lately, especially when using Chrome. I have seen that it significantly improves performance if you turn off sync on chrome, but I like the features this gives so I guess it's part and parcel. Looking forward to upgrading to the next Nexus phone when it comes out though, hopefully it'll be priced similarly to the N4. Still happy with my GN though, although will be happy to get a better screen resolution when I do upgrade. Nice backup to have though just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

5starpool wrote: »
    My GN is getting quite laggy lately, especially when using Chrome. I have seen that it significantly improves performance if you turn off sync on chrome, but I like the features this gives so I guess it's part and parcel. Looking forward to upgrading to the next Nexus phone when it comes out though, hopefully it'll be priced similarly to the N4. Still happy with my GN though, although will be happy to get a better screen resolution when I do upgrade. Nice backup to have though just in case.

Do you find a massive delay when opening links from the Facebook app in Chrome browser?

I'd say from the time I click the link to a page (text and static images) loading takes about 15 seconds on 100 meg broadband!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Do you find a massive delay when opening links from the Facebook app in Chrome browser?

I'd say from the time I click the link to a page (text and static images) loading takes about 15 seconds on 100 meg broadband!

Not a facebook user, sorry!

Got my update a couple of hours ago. Definitely seems to be a bit smoother and quicker. Other than that not much other difference noticeable in terms of everyday use

Can anyone confirm if they can use Auto Awesome in the google photos app? i cant seem to use the movie feature to make an Auto-Awesome of my clips.

• Advertisement

I just downloaded and installed the Google Experience Launcher from the Nexus 5 with full "OK Google" integration and it works flawlessly!

Just make sure your google search app is up to date and download and install the launcher here install and job done.

The Gnex is still my backup phone but its flawless changing from my Nexus 5 to the Gnex, feels like im losing little or no features now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I just downloaded and installed the Google Experience Launcher from the Nexus 5 with full "OK Google" integration and it works flawlessly!

Just make sure your google search app is up to date and download and install the launcher here install and job done.

The Gnex is still my backup phone but its flawless changing from my Nexus 5 to the Gnex, feels like im losing little or no features now.

Is GEL any use? Was going to try it on N10, current stock launcher would be very similar to what was on the GN.
    Does it show up as a regular app I can uninstall if I don't like it?

Keith186 wrote: »
    Is GEL any use? Was going to try it on N10, current stock launcher would be very similar to what was on the GN.

Yeah its just like any other app it can be uninstalled or even just swap back to the original in a few sec. I use it on my N5 all the time and found myself missing it on the nexus when i swapped over. I fined it useful, it does change your icons slightly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Keith186 wrote: »

How does one install this on the N10 guys!?

Advertisement