Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple “Let’s Talk iPhone” Event - Keynote Discussion (starts 6pm Irish time)

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the iPhone 4 not sell out all preorders on the morning of the first of them? They are still available on the Apple UK store.
    No, they seemed to keep releasing them in batches iirc. Someone would post that there were none left, then an hour or so later someone else would post that there is more stock available and so on. Plus I'd imaging that this time they'll have a lot more ready to go given the manufacturing process has already been set up for well over a year unlike for the launch of the 4 when it was a new process. There'll be no delay in ramping up to full production.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the iPhone 4 not sell out all preorders on the morning of the first of them? They are still available on the Apple UK store.

The 4S launch units are sold out across all the Apple website; shipping has been pushed back to 1-2 weeks. Your only chance of getting one at launch now is in a bricks & mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

MarkD09 wrote: »
    Markets aren't happy either lads, apple stocks down 4 dollars in the last ten minutes. I kid you not.

Hogzy wrote: »
    This happens EVERY time apple announces something new. It happens with ALL companies. People sell because they fear change.

Le King wrote: »
    Markets knew the demand was there. While Apple are rolling out the new iPhone, Android phones will be advancing while this phone will cause a stagnation.

They failed to move the market at all. Nobody is impressed with this new iPhone. Hopefully Apple realise this sooner rather than later. Unit sales will tell there own story.

Apple stock bounced back to normal (then dropped because of the unforseen death of Jobs). But as you can clearly see as i predicted the stocked bounced back to actually gain within the 24hr period of the 4s being announced.

Google Finance Apple Stocks

Started at 380 - Went down to 350 during the announcement, then bounced up to 388 that evening.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hogzy wrote: »
    Apple stock bounced back to normal (then dropped because of the unforseen death of Jobs). But as you can clearly see as i predicted the stocked bounced back to actually gain within the 24hr period of the 4s being announced.

Google Finance Apple Stocks

Started at 380 - Went down to 350 during the announcement, then bounced up to 388 that evening.

Thats a pretty sad I told you so!

Hard to say what way the share price is going. It was up at 410 the week before until it started to leak that there would be no iPhone 5, so that could be considered priced in already. Staying level for the day after the announcement of their latest and greatest phone is not a good result no matter what way you slice it.

Advertisement