Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Prix Darts tickets

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up fellas, as per PDC site the Darts tix go on sale on Monday @ 9am but you can purchase directly from Citywest this week.

I've just bought a few so hopefully be decent seats before the masses go buying next week.

:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

you're best off going the first 4 days, crowds are at least a bit more interest in the darts those days, order is awful at the weekend, don't know why most of the people there don't just sit in the pub and drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Completely forgot to buy them this morning (didn't know Citywest had a presale). Any idea if the Semi's would be sold out in a day? Ideally not the tiered seating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Coming up from Galway for the Friday night.
    Never been before, should I expect some drunk annoying people??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Just got 40 tickets for saturday night for stag, was there last year one of the best nights of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Wont be bothering after last year the change of venue added nothing to the atmosphere except more money into the organisers pocketsand the crowd a drunken mess that will boo everybody.

Pity as was a brilliant tourny when it was in the hotel and not the aircraft hangar.

• Advertisement

Well i suppose if you want big prize money you need big crowds, dont think the players really mind when it comes to collecting the big cheques!! Dont think a bit of heckling effects any of the pro's

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

I'd say Mon - Thur best nights. Too many drunken yobs after that who wouldn't know which end of the dart to put the flights on. Many just seem to be interested in booing and shouting and dragging down the standard of the darts. I've never seen them at any other darts event and they make it hard for real dart fans to enjoy being among them. Personally if I was going again I'd only go first few nights.
    Of course the PDC could always get a grip on things ..... and porkers might fly !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Anyone know when the draw/schedule is being made?

liam7831 wrote: »
    Well i suppose if you want big prize money you need big crowds, dont think the players really mind when it comes to collecting the big cheques!! Dont think a bit of heckling effects any of the pro's

I have no doubt the players like more prize money, as for the booing by the crowd etc they pay their money so can do what they like i for one wont be going near it as the tourny is a disaster compared to what was only a couple of years back.

Well this will be my third year going now, think its a great event, all the players seem to love coming to ireland. I suppose some people prefer BDO events, hanging out with the pensioners!

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    Well this will be my third year going now, think its a great event, all the players seem to love coming to ireland. I suppose some people prefer BDO events, hanging out with the pensioners!

Well thats your opinion.

They do say that opinions are like arseholes...everybody has one.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Well thats your opinion.

They do say that opinions are like arseholes...everybody has one.

Ya i will finish the quote

everyone thinks everyones else's stinks. :D

Not a great movie anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ALDO74

I have 4 presale tickets for the Grand Prix Final.

6 of us were due to fly over from Glasgow for it but 4 have pulled out.

Looking to sell them face value.

As they were purchased in presale, they should be great seats.

Please get in touch if you are interested in buying them.

Thanks Allan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

If anyone has two tix for the Sat night spare can you drop me a PM ?

Will need to be floor seating as I hate the upper tiers :(

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 thedemon

if u still have them tickets i will buy them off u.pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommo22

Hi all

I managed to get balcony tickets for the friday night quarter finals. What are the seats like? Will i have a good view? I was told that there are no seat numbers, just sit where you want.
    Would it be a good idea to get there early to get a good seat? or is the balcony sloped so everyone can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

We had tiered Seating last year and that was good as they run along either side of stage but (correct me if I'm wrong anybody) as far as I know the balcony seats are at the very back!So if there's no seat numbers would def recommend getting there early!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭celt262

I was in balcony seats last year and they were at the back. The seats were numbered. I am not going this year but if i was i would not like to be in these seats again as it was so far back.

It was even hard to see the scores on the big screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

I had balcony seats before, was a brutal night!!! No atmosphere in them and too far back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

crap, was there no proper seats at tables left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Any sign of anyone getting their tickets yet?

Should be getting them any day now i would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Didn't get ours last year until about a week before it so I'm guessing it'll be the same this yr!

Hi all,

If anyone happens to have some spare floor tickets for the semi finals in Citywest can you pm me please?

Thanks

Paul

- incidentally, I have 2 spare hotel rooms booked for the night at a reasonable rate if anyone wants them, load of issues surrounding the booking for Saturday :mad:

Just a reminder if anyone has any spare for Saturday.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BO NER

Anyone get tickets in post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martinbe

Got my tickets for Friday night today and should be getting my Saturday tickets tomorrow. I booked them the day they went on sale.

This is my 3rd year going. 1st year I got balcony seats and im sorry to say tommo22 but they suck. If you go to darts you have to get a floor seat. We went down stairs to complain and try the old I booked floor seats but were giving these crappy seats , We got down stairs and met a guy who was like a floor manager for city west his name was sean (Cant remember his sir name), He took my number waited for the crowd to settle in and when he found two empty floor seats he called me and gave us the seats. Fair play to him He was doing it for everybody in the balcony. For an hour after he was still getting seats for people.

It should be just a matter of finding a floor manager and asking if he can get you a spare floor seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anderson11

Is there goin to be tickets on sale at the entrance like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Still no sign of my tickets, they are cutting it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jambon29

I gt my tickets today, paid 40 each for 6 but it says 35 on the ticket, whats that about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

Booked tickets for Fri & Sat night but may not be able to go now, would be selling both tickets together. Will definately know if i'm going by this Sunday, if your interested mrwillbeback. Ground floor tickets.

Advertisement