Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another series of 'Arrested Development'... and a movie!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ixoy wrote: »
    How is it really a plus though? People here use Netflix Ireland not Netflix UK so we could still find ourselves without episodes.

Netflix UK and Ireland are the same thing, we share the same content.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Netflix UK and Ireland are the same thing, we share the same content.
    Really? I thought we had even less than them. Just signed up today and there's not a huge amount there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ixoy wrote: »
    Really? I thought we had even less than them. Just signed up today and there's not a huge amount there...

Nope, it's exactly the same. I look at Netflix as a content discovery platform rather then something I go to when looking to find a particular film or TV show and I get a good bit of mileage out of it. The annoying thing about it though is that much of the content is hidden so to speak and the only way of finding it is to search for it, which defeats the point if you don't know what to watch. There's a website which lists everything on the UK Netflix as well as what's new and what's expiring soon but I don't know it off hand (it's www.instantwatcher.com for US and Canada).

Admittedly there is a far better and larger selection on the US version and there's usually something to watch at any given time so I'd recommend gaining access to the US catalogue (talk of how to do that is a no-no around here nowadays but it's pretty simple). I usually jump between the two of them as certain content will be on one but not the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If I sign up for the Netflix free month trial on the day (sneaky sneaky) will this be available? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,786 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BopNiblets wrote: »
    If I sign up for the Netflix free month trial on the day (sneaky sneaky) will this be available? :D
    Yep, should be.

Have used my trial up long ago but will re-subscribe for the month for this alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Hope it appears on netflix soon,cant wait for this wached every season I dont know how many times.Seems to be alot of cameos hope it doesnt take away from the show.

For people worrying about paying for netflix dont forget "Theres always money in the banana stand"

Netflix would be a smart target for hackers looking for credit card details over the few days from the new season's release. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I will gladly pay for a netflix subscription to get new episodes of AD!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kate08

Been re watching it recently and its just made me more excited :D

Would have expected even a trailer (or even a sniff of new footage) by now! :(

• Advertisement

It's too long to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm holding off starting to re-watch it for the 700th time until closer to season 4 so I can just jump straight into it with no gap.

First new cast photo? (via @RealRonHoward)

BDEiO7iCIAEs9Mx.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I really really really hope the quality will be up to the same standard as the previous ones and thats a high standard.
    I usually never let myself get too hyped over films and stuff cause you're nearly always set for a fall but I am for this

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kristen Wiig joins
    to play young Lucille Bluth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

LOL!....already cancelled before it begins, Netflix have confirmed its one season and done....they are using the show as a gimmick, a tactic to get attention for its other original scripted shows.

LOL!....already cancelled before it begins, Netflix have confirmed its one season and done....they are using the show as a gimmick, a tactic to get attention for its other original scripted shows.

It's not been cancelled but rather given the high profile of the cast its a nightmare to get them all together at the same time which is why many of upcoming episodes will not feature the entire cast. Mitch Hurwitz has said from the start that anything more than one season was unlikely to happen and is why a film was proposed instead of a second season on Netflix. The upcoming series will be the first act with the film covering act 2 and 3.

Richard, you couldn't be more wrong!

It took the guts of 6 years to get the cast back together - and the likes of Jason Bateman and Michael Cera have thriving movies careers.

This is simply to close off the series and satisfy fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i'm getting sick of the gloating about shows being cancelled, what happened to if you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And it hasn't been "cancelled" because no more than one season on Netflix was ever ordered or planned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Oh dear this is rather embarrassing.....

As has been pointed out, 'cancelling' and 'finishing' are two different things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

LOL!.
    No LOL at how wrong you are with yet another one of your irritating gloats.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm honest mistake by Richard, or a needless trolling gloat? Past form doesn't look good, but it's been clear from the outset that this series was going to be a once-off, a reunion of the cast that for the longest while seemed highly unlikely.

Maybe if you spent less time compiling statistics and gloating about cancellations, and more time actually watching the TV shows themselves you might be more informed Richard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

BopNiblets wrote: »

For their recent House of Cards remake, netflix limited the "free month trialists" to just the first two episodes. I expect they'll do something similar for all their original content.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Glad you find being wrong funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Why are you LOL'ing :rolleyes: Never mind the fact that you where totally wrong with your cancellation remark you seem to love gloating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

jamc wrote: »
    March 26th 8 AM.

May 26th no?

Advertisement