Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Cork Meetup Thread

Options
  • 30-09-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Seeing as October is upon us I guess we can start a new thread.

So who is up for a boards meetup on Saturday 15th?? Maybe bowling in the Mardyke later in the month?

Suggestions and input please! Newbies - where are ya all hiding :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Saturday's the 8th? You should all come to my band's gig in DeBarras in Clon :pac: Boardsies road trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I'm calling lead triangle!

And yes, I expect an even cut for that.

OT: I don't think I can make anything until the end of the month. Does anyone here like Jazz?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

might not be able to do the sat but the bowling would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

might not be able to do the sat but the bowling would be good

+1..

Sounds great....Providing the Mrs isn't travelling away,I'd defo be up for that.

Would really love the Jazz/Rock 'n' Blues,,but she's in the Uk that weekend,,as always...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Sorry I messed up the dates!! I was looking at September :rolleyes:

How about Sat 15th October for beers?

The Mardyke bowling has often been on a thursday night (midweek people take note!). How about thursday 27th for that?

Just ideas at this stage....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

The only gig of the Jazz Weekend I will be attending is at the Pavilion, from 1pm on Sunday 29th October - Rouge and Tuxedo Junction - brilliant music for dancing - free admission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Would like to attend, but not sure yet. Will know for sure by the next week probably. Been too long...

kart wrote: »
    Would like to attend, but not sure yet. Will know for sure by the next week probably. Been too long...

Hey Kart!! I thought you had been abducted by aliens or something - not seen or heard from you in AGES :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I'm interested. I moved back to Cork very recently and would like to get to know a few people - and who better than Boardsies!

So is there interest for a Boards beers next Saturday night in Cork??

• Advertisement

Unless im getting abducted again, i will attend, if not for long then for while at least. Havent seen ya too long really!

If something happens tho, i will post my non-attendance beforehand... theres a slight chance of that happening and i will not know before friday... But i hope 4 best. So whos coming lads?

It doesnt let me to edit my last post...so i just post new...

Is the meetup gonna happen this saturday? And if so then where? Ruby might come along as well. How about Old Oak? And who would attend?

I'm on for it. Could do with a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

wispyman wrote: »
    Sorry I messed up the dates!! I was looking at September :rolleyes:

How about Sat 15th October for beers?

The Mardyke bowling has often been on a thursday night (midweek people take note!). How about thursday 27th for that?

Just ideas at this stage....
    im up for that night?

Cool. There seems to be some interest in this.

So how does half 8 in the Bodega sound?

The list seems to be so far:

wispyman
    kart
    booboo88
    Owen
    Tremelo
    Brainyneuron

Come on you shy and sober people :D

As usual anyone is welcome to PM me for a mobile number if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

what time you planning to meet up? I have something on later that night but if anyone up for early pints around 8ish I'll drop in:D

Cool. There seems to be some interest in this.

So how does half 8 in the Bodega sound?

The list seems to be so far:

wispyman
    kart
    booboo88
    Owen
    Tremelo
    Brainyneuron

Come on you shy and sober people :D

As usual anyone is welcome to PM me for a mobile number if required.

Cya all there. I will be an hour late tho, will come at half past nine. Due to work thingies. WEEEHEEEE!

Well I don't know if anyone else is still coming but there will be at least three of us in Bodega from 8.45 onwards - cannot make it any earlier unfortunately :-(

I'll come in around then too so. Someone PM me a mobile number!

Will be there around half past 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

kart wrote: »
    Will be there around half past 9

Me 2.

(probably)

Good turnout so far. There are 8 of us already!!

sorry guys i feel aslleep on couch, was a rough one yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭lukin

Nice to bump into you all in Crane Lane; sorry I disappeared so fast though. It's the first time I've ever been to a meetup meetup and a boards meetup in the same night!

Was good to meet everyone last night, sorry I couldn't follow you on to the Crane Lane, but sure you had a blast regardless :)

Owen wrote: »
    Was good to meet everyone last night, sorry I couldn't follow you on to the Crane Lane, but sure you had a blast regardless :)

I seem to remember your reasons for legging it :D

So moving swiftly on - would there be interest for bowling (and maybe a couple of beers) in the Mardyke? This was something that Kingtut organised last year and it was great craic. Though if Ainu shows up we will all get our asses kicked as she ruled the lanes the last two times!

As suggested before I was gonna propose Thursday 27th October for that. Any takers?

I seem to remember your reasons for legging it :D

So moving swiftly on - would there be interest for bowling (and maybe a couple of beers) in the Mardyke? This was something that Kingtut organised last year and it was great craic. Though if Ainu shows up we will all get our asses kicked as she ruled the lanes the last two times!

As suggested before I was gonna propose Thursday 27th October for that. Any takers?

im defo up for that, and i wont fall asleep i promise:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Though if Ainu shows up we will all get our asses kicked as she ruled the lanes the last two times!

we're flying out to Switzerland that day, so you'll be safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I'd be interested. Never been to a Boards meet up so why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

This was something that Kingtut organised last year and it was great craic.

...and so my legend lives on...LOVE IT! :)

I miss setting up meetups in Cork although in Prague the group I set up has 180 members so far so I am pretty busy with that ... we have something on 6 nights a week :o Usually get a minimum of 25 on a night out :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement