Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of the One Bet to €25,000 challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Nice one Fowler. I was very close to sticking Rhodes in an accy last season. An excellent prospect and already scoring goals for fun.

Good to see u in on McC. Hope he does the biz for us!

Time for the third thumbs up..... Another positive result last night with Chelsea winning. Shame Leverkusen and Valencia didn't draw with each other, but you can't have it all your own way in this gambling game!

Here's the update:

Original Stake: £410 (€475 approx)

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75
    Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3
    Chelsea to win CL Group E: 1.2
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11

Total Odds at start: 52.38
    Potential winnings: ~€25,000 (at exchange rates on the day).

Current odds:
    McCormack Top Scorer: 9.0
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.25
    Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.25
    Chelsea to win CL Group E: 1.17
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.05

Total Odds: 31.1
    Total odds change: -40.1% :eek: :eek:

The bet now has a slightly better than 1 in 33 chance of winning. I'll take that!

To Mensa: No bookie stands out as having valuable odds on the accumulator now so I would not put on any cash right now. I'm sure there'll be a pullback in the odds which might present a better opportunity.

Otherwise, you could just go to oddschecker and have a look at ante-post selections which are overpriced by the same bookie and stick them into an accumulator. If you see a bookie offering better odds than a fairly liquid Betfair market, you are usually on to a good thing that will drop in price in the near future. That's all I did/do!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mensa

I just spent an hour looking on Coral on how to do an accumulator! HELP. I couldnt even find a section on best goalscoarer in any league except Premier league. Is there anyone who can give quick instructions on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

mensa wrote: »
    I just spent an hour looking on Coral on how to do an accumulator! HELP. I couldnt even find a section on best goalscoarer in any league except Premier league. Is there anyone who can give quick instructions on this?

Do it through oddschecker.com its more straight forward than the coral site and easier to find the markets

Howyiz!

Yeah, oddschecker is defo the best.

Haven't had a chance to do an update since the Saturday and Tuesday games, but the certainly was a bad week for the bet with Chelsea losing and Exeter winning... twice!

Following Leeds online now. Hopefully McCormack can grab a goal in the 2nd half although Birmingham have only conceded one league goal at home so far this season....

• Advertisement

... and here's update four:

Here's the update:

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 9.0
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 3.0
    Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3 -> 1.25
    Chelsea to win CL Group E: 1.2 -> 1.14
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.07

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 41.14

So a jump from 30/1 to 40/1. Not too bad considering Exeter won two, Chelsea lost and McCormack failed to score in two games. This tells me the market still believes in my selections. I do too!

Roll on the weekend!

.... and update 5 is alsopoor after a sh1tty weekend!

Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 3.25
    Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3 -> 1.25
    Chelsea to win CL Group E: 1.2 -> 1.14
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.17

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 48.77

Back to where we started, despite some very poor results for my selections. Onwards and upwards with the Champions League and Championship this midweek.

Well a semi decent night for the bet, but it would have been great if Chelsea had of won tonight. They drew, but Leverkusen were beaten, so two draws in their last two games will see Chelsea win the group. Leverkusen away and Valencia home.

None of McCormack's main rivals scored tonight and I really fancy him to score tomorrow night against Blackpool at home. He's not scored in four games but has been playing well by all accounts.

Bayern beating the dirty Italians of Napoli in Munich would be nice too.

Odds will be updated on Thursday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

update odds :)

.... and update 6 is a thumbs down too as Chelsea failed to beat Genk!

Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3 -> 1.17
    Chelsea to win CL Group E: 1.2 -> 1.29
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.17

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 51.65

• Advertisement

Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3 -> 1.17
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.20

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 52.97 :(

Well, the odds on my accumulator have gone longer than on day one for the first time.

Please bare in mind that my bet is with Coral, who only go 7.0 for McCormack now. By the way, it seems as though nobody wants the golden boot this year. :confused:

Paddypower and Boyles don't offer great odds on all the selections so I still wouldn't recommend anyone get on right now.

Bit of a break now for the internationals... Come on Ireland!

After the early promise of the bet, it seems like the gambling gods are not really looking down on me.

Exeter are on a good run, despite not playing well. Eeking out results, making it look like they may survive. Hopefully the fundamentals )of them being **** will shine through. Kinda the opposite of too good to go down... Too **** to survive.

Rickie Lambert banged in a hatrick, two of which were pens. Southampton have got 4 pens since I put the pen on and all were converted by Lambert. Ross McCormack was subbed before the hour :mad:

Chelsea have imploded. A loss for them tonight will bring the whole bet down, so confidence in my selections has swung from good to bad, to ugly!

At least the Bayern selection has come good. One out of one so far, so there is a positive side to the update in that respect. So here is the update.

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 11.0
    Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3 -> 1.0
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.4

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 64.56 frown.gif

In the red! Update to come later tonight or tomorrow as the Chelsea game is v important for the bet.

Well Chelsea lost to Leverkusen and now McCormack isn't even on the bench. RIP Lucky Cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Bet looking more positive now! Chelsea will top the group. Best of luck with the rest of the bet.

Indeed! The Lucky Cat has arisen from the dead, like Phoenix from the Flames.

It turns out McCormack wasn't left out of the squad for form reasons.... His wife had a baby! Another plus is that Lambert is nursing a hip injury.

Odds update now.

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 10
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 3.75
    Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3 -> WIN
    Chelsea to win CL Group E: 1.2 -> WIN

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 52.5

Back to where I started!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

turbobaby wrote: »
    Indeed! The Lucky Cat has arisen from the dead, like Phoenix from the Flames.

It turns out McCormack wasn't left out of the squad for form reasons.... His wife had a baby! Another plus is that Lambert is nursing a hip injury.

Odds update now.

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 10
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 3.75

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 52.5

Back to where I started!

Big match at the weekend for Exeter, could see a significant drop in odds if they lose and results go your way:D. Your a lucky boy, bet was almost gone.:pac:

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Big match at the weekend for Exeter, could see a significant drop in odds if they lose and results go your way:D. Your a lucky boy, bet was almost gone.:pac:

Sure is a big game for Exeter, actually they have a few big games coming up... I think their results have been flattering them recently.

Think the odds went out to over 200/1 :eek:

Still a long shot but its only a treble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

Great win for chelsea against man city last night, they will surely go on to finish in the top 4 now.
    Some un-nerving news about Ross mccormack though, apparently wolves are lining up a bid for him in January

Yeah Chelsea getting their act together alright and Spurs losing to Stoke was a nice little bonus. With them out of the Europa League now they're looking good for a top 4. I see two from Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal making it.

McCormack linked with Wolves and Keogh saying he wnts to move from Wolves to Leeds has pushed McCormack out to 15.0. I cant see it happening myself. Keogh is similar to Becchio and with him back to full fitness i think Keogh will not be used as much.

I fully expect McC to play today. Disappointed to find out Snodgrass takes the pens. Lambert (the pr1ck!) has got plenty of pens this year and that obviously gives him an edge.

Wont bother updating the odds till after this weekend (as they've gone up!).

Good weekend to all here...

I am preparing the grave for the Lucky Cat again after Rickie Lambert bagged another goal, and Ross McCormack again played less than 70 mins. Both are at opposite ends of the confidence scale and we all know how important that is for strikers.

15 v 10.

However, the grave will be a shallow one, as something like a serious injury to Lambert and his niggling hip would be something to celebrate, and would be a good enough reason for a rise from the dead (again!).

Merry xmas all.

• Advertisement

15 v 11 now and Lambert out for the next two league games.

I feel McCormack is not getting goals for two reasons. A lack of playing time and very poor service from a sh1tty Leeds midfield.

They are just after signing two wingers and let Keogh go. I can see things improving for McC.

18/1 at Boyles is ridiculously good.

Time for an update on the odds I think....

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 17

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 77.4

It's starting to drift again but I'm still relatively happy with the selections. McCormack got an assist at the weekend and played 90 mins. Grayson appears to be losing patience with Becchio who has been sh1te this year.

Rickie Lambert will be out for one more game.

Chelsea certainly looking a better bet than Arsenal and Liverpool for fourth play.

A few dodgy teams down at the bottom of League 1 and Exeter are proving hard to beat at the mo but are still struggling to score goals.

I also put on a sneaky second accummulator with McCormack, Luton to win Conference and Dagenham to get relegated. Very long shot, so wont bother put it up here. Similar potential returns.

Despite McCormack getting another goal at the weekend, and Chelsea stretching their lead over Arsenal in fourth, the odds drifted slightly.

I cannot understand why Boyle's had and Bluesquare currently have priced McCormack at 16/1 when he is now only 3 goals behind Ricky Lambert. 15 v 12. Lambert is around 5/4. I'll leave it up to you to decide where the value is!

Lambert is now back from a ban and Southampton have struggled a bit without him. Let's hope the time off will have broken his decent run...

Semi development this evening. Billy Sharp has signed for Southampton, bringing his 10 goals from Doncaster with him.

Southamptoon now have three players in the top five goalscorers chart of the Championship.

Sharp will of course get more chances to score in a prolific Southampton side (when he plays), but I think this could prove good for my bet. There are only so many goals to go around at Southampton, so Im hoping the three lads can share them around equally. Guly Do Prado, Sharp and that man Lambert!

Tomorrow night Leeds are at home to Birmingham, while the Saints entertain Cardiff.

I'm happy to report (to anyone listening) a drop in the accumulator odds to below the starting point.

McCormack scored against Birmingham, but so did Lambert... another peno. Southampton get a lot of pens and he never ever misses. Still though, they moved away from the chasing pack. My old mate Nicky Maynard moved to West Ham with Vaz Te, both of whom are close to the top of the scoring charts. Like Billy Sharp I think the move for them is good for the bet as I see a bedding in phase limiting goals for the rest of the season. All three will no longer be the first names on the team sheets and if you don't play you don't score.

I hope someone took the 16/1 Boyles and BlueSq were offering on McC.

Chelsea were v lucky to get a last minute draw against Swansea and Arsenal only drew with Bolton. Exeter's relegations odds have dropped pretty significantly. Not sure why, but maybe their rivals did some nice business during the transfer window...

Leeds sacked Grayson last night and will hopefully get that pr1ck Neil Warnock in to replace him.

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 13
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 2.5
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.53

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 49.73 (sub 50/1 again) Happy days!

I'm happy to report (to anyone listening) a drop in the accumulator odds to below the starting point.......................

I hope someone took the 16/1 Boyles and BlueSq were offering on McC.

Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.53

We're listening and enjoying :)
    I was meaning to back that 16/1 but forgot all about it :pac:
    I'm surprised Chelsea are 1.53 tbh for the top4, I'd have them 4/5 and Liverpool and Arsenal both less than 6/4.

Class thread :cool:

RoverJames wrote: »
    We're listening and enjoying :)
    I was meaning to back that 16/1 but forgot all about it :pac:
    I'm surprised Chelsea are 1.53 tbh for the top4, I'd have them 4/5 and Liverpool and Arsenal both less than 6/4.

Class thread :cool:

+1 Chelsea are underpriced imo. Unfortunatly I don't actually see them finishing in the top 4, that could be my Liverpool loyalty clouding my judgement, although I don't know whether Pool will finish top 4 either tbh. It's really impossible to call atm.

Cheers lads!

I think Chelsea will get 4th. I wouldn't choose Liverpool or Arsenal ahead of them anyway. Arsenal look very poor this year actually...

Southampton have another tricky game tomorrow.... Birmingham away. Leeds away to Bristol City with Neil Readfern in temporary charge.

Hopefully Rickie Lambert will break his ankle in a skiing accident during this cold snap...

Jaysus! McCormack had THREE goals disallowed today and also got hauled down (resulting in a red) when clean through.

At least he got one goal and an assist.

I reckon his confidence is sky high now!

• Advertisement

Jaysus! McCormack had THREE goals disallowed today and also got hauled down (resulting in a red) when clean through.

At least he got one goal and an assist.

I reckon his confidence is sky high now!

3???? FFS. Any of them wrong calls?

Advertisement